Sign in to follow this  
woofmcmoose

[M - E01] Maian the 4th be with us.

Tags: Spaceship

MANTIS General Operations Auxiliary Transport Ship Gozanti.

ship1_zpshbauqecz.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Henry Moose, personal log 04 Maian 3816. This is about the craziest thing that could have happened. After the 'minor incident' on the Horizon production of the experimental field coils was tasked to one of our fleet's micro-g factory ships. Whilst Dr Fields when to oversee production, I was left to supervise repairs to the Horizon. The Doc came back, not only with our modified Flashbulb fighter, but with a General Operations Auxiliary Transport. The GOAT has also been modified with the same experimental GATE field generators as the Flashbulb. They expect us to live test it! At least we can try the drone first."

Lots of pics and OOC description:

ship2_zpsd1upchlr.jpg

ship3_zps3h25f5td.jpg

ship4_zpsujkhumyn.jpg

ship5_zpstyfogws8.jpg

Rear turret (play feature- rotating engine turns turret)

ship6_zpscqlojfoi.jpg

Landing gear is down in all these shots as I couldn't balance the model otherwise, but it does retract.

ship7_zpsevzkb6v3.jpg

The business end featuring 3 large Death-RayTM blasters.

ship8_zps7qf8ur9a.jpg

Interior:

shipp3_zps5m7mqhvu.jpg

shipp5_zpsmiqfzvgd.jpg

Cockpit and 'space toilet':

shipp7_zpsuh33rwz8.jpg

Science, sensor and drone control:

shipp6_zpsrywotv7l.jpg

Cargo bay:

shipp4_zpstpkmyqjh.jpg

Galley:

ship9_zpsfxrkuyhz.jpg

Engineering and GATE drive core:

shipp8_zps15myonu2.jpg

You may have guessed this design is loosely based on the 75106 'Imperial Assault Carrier'. I widened the front section by 2 studs and threw in some non-imperial Gozanti class design features. Some of the 75106 play features are recreated- turning the centre engine turns the turret (and the GATE drive).

Edited by woofmcmoose

Wow Moose! *huh* That is awesome! Immediately recognizable. Lots of great detail. I like the greebling on the lower front of the ship. Well done!

Quite an impressive fighter for MANTIS! Great interior as well, you fit in a lot of detail, the gallery area is my favorite :wub:

Very well done outside, the inside was quite a surprise. Not sure I'd love having a space toilet right behind me while piloting though ... :tongue:

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Great interior as well, you fit in a lot of detail, the gallery area is my favorite :wub:

Not sure I'd love having a space toilet right behind me while piloting though ... :tongue:

I was a bit worried about the interior as it was really one of the last bits of the build. I made an attempt to make the ship at least somewhat liveable for short missions away from the fleet. I spent far to long trying to figure out how to put some bunks in there too; lets just say the crew string up hammocks in the cargo bay!

The ship this is based on isn't familiar to me, but I really like what you've put together here, and how you've managed to squeeze in a decent interior, as well. :thumbup: