Sign in to follow this  
KlodsBrik

Cargo Train station MOCified. (bip-mod)

After i got the 60052 set, and had my review up, I went on a building rampage.

Just as in the good old days when I first got back into LEGO, I just putted brick's together not overthinking things.

Im pleased with the result, though I will probably change a lot of stuff with it as I usually end up doing.

This is my impression of how the Cargo Train station could look ( offcourse adding a tonof bricks to it ).

Now, everything is plated up, preparing the whole of the build ( and what is to come ) to be placed on baseplates for a larger layout.

Im not to satisfied with the pictures but had my lightroom removed before I viewed them. Will probably take some new shots during the weekend.

Hope you like it though.

Click for larger image.

26792312101_8bd0afcf39_c.jpg

I already felt that this set screamed to be modified. Bricks n bolts then posted a picture of a mod ( moc ) he made himself, that inspired me a lot.

And this is the outcome.

Click for larger image.

26766276522_eca849cdd0_c.jpg

26792311051_1146a624c1_c.jpg

Only MOD of the 60052 set I've finished so far besides the cargo train station itself is the forklift. As i want my Maersk 1651 set to go with this, Iv'e made it these colors offcourse.

Now, the forklift its not as functionel as the original one from 60052, but I personally like this better .

I build more for show than for functionality.

26766275952_e0d8f56ef8_c.jpg

Track end buffer inspired py the post in this forum. Im quite pleased with how it turned out.

And dammit, I forgot to include a Doctor Who reference, which is always do with my MOC's. Then again I was in a hurry if I were to get the pictures taken.

Wont forget them in the next photo session.

Let's get those astronauts up in the air !

26109417773_42ac2c7fbf.jpg

Im feeling that my first train and the corresponding wagons will have to be a transport for my TLG shuttle. Build In Progress as I write this.

Please do comment and ask questions if any. All feedback is always welcome. :classic:

KlodsBrik.

Edited by KlodsBrik

Let me guess, this services the Raptor Express?

Otherwise I like some of the ideas you incorporated. It has a almost remote area depot feel to, like a branch line out to the woods that passes a complex that for reasons unknown may or may not exist. Okay conspiracies aside, you fleshed out a lot of little details that add a lot to the model. It has a solid industrial feel that has seen heavy use and a long battle with the environment.

I like it! :thumbup:

3D LEGO

Nice!

Excellent work, excellent color. I hope that the cow is very calm. :classic:

Very nice MOC!

I like the yellow/black ladder and the concrete structure between the rails! :wub:

I'm not sure about the funny way you have lifted the cow!

Thanks a lot. This build is growing on me. Yeah the cow is a pitty. It just felt rigt to use it for something to show the lift worked as i havent got any "real" train builds ready yet.

Cute forklift!

Let me guess, this services the Raptor Express?

Otherwise I like some of the ideas you incorporated. It has a almost remote area depot feel to, like a branch line out to the woods that passes a complex that for reasons unknown may or may not exist. Okay conspiracies aside, you fleshed out a lot of little details that add a lot to the model. It has a solid industrial feel that has seen heavy use and a long battle with the environment.

I like it! :thumbup:

3D LEGO

Oh my. Now I cant see anything but JP in this. To top it as I read the post, Jurassic park 3 was showing on telly.

Now, i don't own any raptor's, but im the progrss of making some MOC's build on the books of David Gerrold "War against the Cthhoor", a classic sci-fi novel based on invasion of earth ... Now the cow is definately gonna be fed to the worms in an upcoming build.

No new pictures yet. I could have shot them, but Iv'e changed so much with the build already that im gonna wait some more.

Thanks for the comments. Always appreciated.

KlodsBrik. :thumbup:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Looks like a very functional cargo loading/unloading area :thumbup: The back wall looks great with the rough stone texture, and I like large barred window you included.

The service ladder is an excellent detail too :classic:

Looks like a very functional cargo loading/unloading area :thumbup: The back wall looks great with the rough stone texture, and I like large barred window you included.

The service ladder is an excellent detail too :classic:

Thanks. Coming from you I must be doing something right .. :tongue:

Looks really nice.

I like the cow on the hook :laugh:

Great idea to build a better cargo station.

Best regards

René

Thanks a lot ... The set just screamed to be modified, and to be honest, its probably one of the set's Ive enjoyed to modify the most. And its still an ongoing process. 60052 is just a lovely train beginners box. Then again, Iv'e never had anything else.

I had to do something with the cow ... :laugh:

Almost done with my first train MOC which turned into a somewhat bizare experience. But I learned a lot from it. Hope I get it finished this weekend:

26392517773_1c28673485_c.jpg

I should have known to begin with that trying to fit a 8 stud wide "snot" rocket onto a 6 stud wide base would cause me all kinds of trouble.

Im not pleased with the result so far. But Im not disliking it neither.

KlodsBrik.

Edited by KlodsBrik