Sign in to follow this  
gedren_y

Lifting Spirits at Tragian's Stage

Down at the edge of the beach in Nova Terreli is a warehouse owned by MAESTRO. Stored there are rolls of sail canvas and large spools of hemp rope, for MAESTRO ship repairs. The warehouse was built upon a raised platform in such a way as to leave a ledge at the back (seaward) wall. The man in charge of accounting for, and dispensing, the supplies therein is Quartermaster Bastian Touw.

Two years ago the playwright Tragian Altidore befriended Bastian. This permitted Tragian to use the ledge as a stage, after clearing a bit of brush to set up seating. Tragian used the space as a practice venue to try out new prose for an audience of select, trusted friends.

Recently Tragian has converted to the Triuri faith, and has now invited Dearji the Windsong to sing and help his friends to understand the glory of the Triuri.

26251066464_fde29aef6e_o.jpg

". . . i mewn neh tahweil chawr." Dearji finished the Song of Resting in the old tongue.

26251067994_764bf3d7bf_o.jpg

(From left to right)

Tragian Altidore in his bardic finery.

Arsbeth Westerlond, Tragian's new 'lady friend', is a little unsure why she's here.

Riy Kul is doing his best to learn about the other cultures of this world.

26251082604_fd77b44910_o.jpg

(Left to right again)

Riy Kul has a token he will offer to Dearji after her performance.

Tolan duBroise is sipping a little local wine as he lets Dearji's soothing voice wash over him.

Quartermaster Bastian Touw thought this was going to be some sober, holy address, like those Order of the Faith ceremonies that he got drug to by other friends. He decides to reach for the bottle of fine uisge that Dearji has furnished him with.

26251084874_c78dea5ffa_o.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just some shots of the plants and the build empty to show the seating design.

26251086404_e99d633e52_o.jpg

26252002983_234fbc642d_o.jpg

26252004553_35194b8b25_o.jpg

26856295955_b6bde9a5e1_o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

These are the first Lego images taken with my new cell. Hopefully, with practice, I will have some more quality pics from now on.

Nice build, gedren_y, the vegetation is quite nice, but the thing that is really improved is definitely the photography! pirate_satisfied.gif I've only got a couple of pieces of advice for you on that right now, which would be to try to get it a tad more sturdy as some of the pictures are a little blurry, but mostly I would say, try to keep in mind that most other people will be looking at it on a computer screen, as some of the angles look quite odd like this! pirate_laugh2.gif A huge improvement overall though, keep it up!

Very Nice vegetation, but your photography clearly sky-rocketed! Great job!

I really like these 'anthropological' type builds where we learn more of the culture and religon of the BoBS world. This build and story gets it just right; a few friends sneaking off for a slightly secret, slightly baffling exploration of a new religion. I quite fancy joining them for this wonderful performnce! Nice vegetation too.

Personally I have a bug bear about mixing flesh and yellow faces in the same build, I feel it gives very confusing messages about ethnicity in BoBS world and suggests a serious outbreak of jaundice, but I suppose that's down to individual taste.

Nice build, gedren_y, the vegetation is quite nice, but the thing that is really improved is definitely the photography! pirate_satisfied.gif I've only got a couple of pieces of advice for you on that right now, which would be to try to get it a tad more sturdy as some of the pictures are a little blurry, but mostly I would say, try to keep in mind that most other people will be looking at it on a computer screen, as some of the angles look quite odd like this! pirate_laugh2.gif A huge improvement overall though, keep it up!

Very Nice vegetation, but your photography clearly sky-rocketed! Great job!

I'm glad viewers can now better appreciate my builds. I'm sill getting used to the image capture speed and size settings. All of these images had to be resized down, even at the medium setting. I will do my best to improve the stability of my shots.

I really like these 'anthropological' type builds where we learn more of the culture and religon of the BoBS world. This build and story gets it just right; a few friends sneaking off for a slightly secret, slightly baffling exploration of a new religion. I quite fancy joining them for this wonderful performnce! Nice vegetation too.

Personally I have a bug bear about mixing flesh and yellow faces in the same build, I feel it gives very confusing messages about ethnicity in BoBS world and suggests a serious outbreak of jaundice, but I suppose that's down to individual taste.

While the Triuri faith may be new to some, it is an ancient religion that is currently experiencing a bardic revival. Eventually I'll write a full synopsis of the Triuri faith, so Ska can hopefully add it to the religions section of the history thread.

It took me quite a while to come around to the use of fleshies. Now I just see them as a way to express diversity. For the purposes of BOBS, the mainland Truachesh neh Triuri are yellow tone. I do try to match torsos that show flesh with the appropriate head color.

I meant to comment on this earlier. I like the build, and really like the story. This is a good look at culture within the BoBS setting. I like the concept the "behind the warehouse" stage and the way religion - old or new - grow. Well done, and a great contribution to the BoBS universe.

Nice build Gedren.

Nice scene !

I am happy to see Dearji leading a ceremony for the men of MAESTRO !

I am curious to see where that story will lead...