Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - F03] An Unexpected Surprise

Tags: Land Vehicle, Space Vehicle, Civil Building, Science

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

26783902241_4ebed80ef6_c.jpg

We were taken to the Farr-tes main engineering research facility on Forring to see some of their newest projects. It was an exciting time as we were given complete access and were able to ask any questions we wanted. The Farr-tes are a very open and forthcoming people, they really don't hold back.

26851470565_17f9de9157_c.jpg

Dr. Allison was looking at one of their new energy producing units that is still under construction. She seemed very impressed and I could see from the twinkle in her eye that many new ideas were forming. I can't wait to hear what she came up with. She had already seen their mobile graviton detection "cart". It was on a track that lead to an isolation room which allowed for the sensitive equipment to more finely tune into detecting the particles.

26783902721_edcd4cbb2e_c.jpg

I was being given a chance to look over their magnetic impulse engines used primarily in smaller vehicles. Because they were non-polluting it meant that they were best suited for their underground existence. The power output was strong, but the main draw was the instant high-torque. Even the waste heat was fairly small and easily managed. One issue they were trying to overcome was that the units did malfunction sometimes and end up in a runaway situation. The good news is that the characteristic hum would suddenly get very quiet, so you knew it could get deadly if they went silent.

Sadly our visit was cut short as we were notified that the Farr-tes Regional Transport Ship Aeolus had informed the local Farr-tes naval control that a distress signal had been detected from an Octan ship. We were given access to a communication device and the message was the standard Octan distress signal for our smaller ships: "Greetings, this automated message is from Octansoft on behalf of Octan Pilot. It appears there has been a problem and currently there are zero pilots able to command the ship. We are requesting your assistance in rendering aid. Thank you and have an Octan day!"

26851469795_4aff2afed3_c.jpg

26851470195_08916aa5ef_c.jpg

Extra Pics:

26783902971_53bd06ddd7_c.jpg

26757586362_9a13262003_c.jpg

The Aeolus is a nice little micro build. I like it when those rounded slopes fit together. It is kind of neat how your ground vehicle has a special parking spot on the floor.

Very nice build, Kodan :thumbup: The micro ship is excellent and I really like the angled 2x2 tiles on the back wall :classic: