Sign in to follow this  
brickbitz

2008 Creator - 4995 Cargo Copter Review

Nice review of a good looking set. One question; can it fit a minifig?

Very nice review. Some pleasant surprises such as the grey barrels and the dark blue pieces which were unexpected. I just also now noticed how small the old containers are compared to the new models - that crate has the old dimensions, and it looks tiny.

I did expect a wind-up winch (an electric with unreplacable battery would ruin the playability), so it's nice to read that it works properly.

Another very nice review Brickbitz. I don't think the helicopter can fit a minifig but the alternates can.

Thanks for the cool review! The power function sounds neat, but I won't be getting this set. Creator's not my thing. Still, it has some cool pieces. *y*

~Peace

Thank you for the early review! Although i (probably) won't get this set, you've certainly made me reconsider!

One small thing regarding the pictures, the background you have (boxes of sorted lego) is perhaps a bit 'busy'. I find it a slightly hard to pick up where the model ends and the boxes start!

Maybe a plain white background would do?

Cheers again :)

Disapointing. I wanted a new minimotor. :'-( On the other hand I was concerned how the battery would work so maybe it is better this way. Oddly though I still find this set compelling; I don't believe I have any of those grey barrels.... *sweet*

Thanks for the review brickbitz. *sweet*

One small thing regarding the pictures, the background you have (boxes of sorted lego) is perhaps a bit 'busy'. I find it a slightly hard to pick up where the model ends and the boxes start!

Maybe a plain white background would do?

Fair point, I'm not always happy with some of my shots, you're right that it is sometimes difficult to discern details. I may have to raid the linen cupboard. :-/

I wonder if TLC will make a crane truck using this motor as a winch (either in City or Creator lines), we'll probably get a construction theme next year 'cause it seems timely, we'll see; but they should've used this motor for 7249 "XXL Mobile Crane" (released 2005) since it was a mega sized set, and since in 2005 we also got a Technic crane truck 8421 which is actually motorised. A TLC missed opp :(

I wonder if TLC will make a crane truck using this motor as a winch (either in City or Creator lines), we'll probably get a construction theme next year 'cause it seems timely, we'll see; but they should've used this motor for 7249 "XXL Mobile Crane" (released 2005) since it was a mega sized set, and since in 2005 we also got a Technic crane truck 8421 which is actually motorised. A TLC missed opp :(

actually, it doesn't look like the winch extends very far :(

actually, it doesn't look like the winch extends very far :(

I saw it a week ago. I had no ruler ;-), but I would estimate it extends around 15-20 cm.