Hello, you.

I got this Star Wars guy in a big lot of LEGO a while ago. Recently I realized that he was not what he seemed.

He is supposed to be in the Bright Red color, but he's darker than that. He is not Dark Red, however. He is lighter than that.

He is Weird Red.

Here's a picture of him next to Red Red and Dark Red, his buddies.

26751674971_640e4b0cb2_c.jpgWeird Red by Actor Builder, on Flickr

He's closer to Red Red than Dark Red, but in real life it's clear that they're not the same.

Does anybody else have a "Weird Red" in their collection? I'm rather fond of mine. I don't know how common he is, and would like to hear if anybody else has a "Weird Red".

I'm specifically wondering about this print, I don't really want to start another "Look at my misprinted/miscolored LEGO" thread, we have enough of those. I just want to learn more about my Weird Red.

Was this a common thing for these figures? I have another one who's Red Red. And he's fine. Weird Red is fine too, just "special".

Also, the picture doesn't show it, but Weird Red is missing the Mark of The Black Neck that most figures have, but he is assuredly LEGO. I think.

Is there any indication it was from a keychain or magnet set? I've noticed that those have off-color issues quite often.

Weird Red was not a keychain, he didn't have a hole through his head or helmet thing.

It is possible he was a magnet. The lot I bought didn't have any magnet parts in it, but that could be it.

I looked it up, and this figure did come in a Magnet Set. If it was the older magnet sets, then it makes sense that he wouldn't be glued.

That's probably it.

I forgot to consider that option. That was easy.

Amendment: I looked this figure up once I learned it's name (Imperial Guard, FYI. I know things.) and lots of pictures show that Weird Red color.

Weird Red is not special, but he is to me.

thanks for the help, Darkdragon.

Looks like it was back when there was really noticeable differences between the Chinese made parts and those from the European facilities. My Classic Space shoulder bag had a spaceman that looks like a match to him.

The many adventures of Wed Reird (To use the old Star Wars name trick) could be an entertaining diversion.