Here's a MOC I did for the "Starfighter RMX Challenge". In this game, one designs a spaceship and the others make their own version of it.

26686885862_da1342c8ca_c.jpg

(It's **way** less photoshopped than it looks like :tongue: )

26124130724_d3d1143a9c_q.jpg 26730435205_bb34f0d082_q.jpg 26730434065_3695d523cf_q.jpg

Don't ask how they do when the want to turn left. :wink:

26457867460_1f9784997b_q.jpg 26730431995_15f6b78f2a_q.jpg

I know there's little love for the bionicle/hero factory parts, but I like quite a few of them.

26124123684_5802f25d38_q.jpg 26637230552_c0d275af7d_q.jpg

There's a drone in the hold.

26664255281_ce8ef6a785_q.jpg 26704496016_f8a3d7a211_q.jpg 26664253601_905edc10b6_q.jpg

The interior is tight but functional.

26457858520_57ed8af1bb_q.jpg

And of course, it has the mandatory SP1 prisons.

The album of the original and other versions are visible here:

25109512113_00ac65e499_q.jpg 26454648600_bf0eb53c28_q.jpg 26120786754_b4df18dc91_q.jpg 26701267636_980ce2a8de_q.jpg 26123534053_5f9a0cdb54_q.jpg

Thanks. :)

I'm really happy with that picture too, especially considering the light effects are original and not shopped. Aside from the drone I added separately and the (technically simplistic) background, there's only a little soft effect and a very simple halo visible on the right side of the picture. :laugh:

I like asymetrical spaceships and this is certainly a a very sleak and beautiful one.

Very interesting. I used to love Space Police when I was a kid. I was unable to get into Space Police II for some reason. I just never got the sets, but I liked them too. But part of me wants to build Blacktron 2 MOCs and include Space Police I instead of SPII to capture them instead of capturing Blacktron I.

Either way, I like the ship. It has a good combination of official color scheme. The design is well thought out. I really like the engine. I hadn't considered using those pieces but they do add some heft to it. (Granted I'm not a traditional spaceship designer, so a lot of pieces aren't in the forefront of my mind).

I was never much into SP2, didn't like the colours.

But anyway, it would make sense to have Space Police I and Blacktron 2. There was a minifig pack with 2 M:Tron, 1 Space Police I, 1 Blacktron and 2 Blacktron 2. Besides, Blacktron 2 were introduced before SP1 were removed from the catalogues.

Edited by Spirit

What an awesome build. Lots to look at. Love how that drone deploys. The space for the crew is well done. I also like the classic holding pod.

Edited by SpacerSteve

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I grew tired of minimalistic cockpits. Unfortunately, there are very few big windscreens and windows to make large interiors. Not even talking about the lack of different colours for the few shapes available.

That is a sweet spaceship :wub: Great use of those large trans red windscreens, and the whole thing is well detailed and fits perfectly in the Space Police line :thumbup:

Good to see you included an interior as well, and neat detachable drone :classic:

Excellent model. The spring-loaded wing is really clever, does it fold down? I especially like the flower pattern in the wheel as well. The engine's gray color is a little out of place with the rest of the ship, but I see why you did that as many of those pieces don't exist in black or blue.

Edited by CP5670

I really like the prototypes too, plus I think the bionicle parts make that engine

Plus asymmetrical ftw!

Thanks guys. :)

I had been trying to put those two windscreens together for so long I felt lucky when I managed to align them well enough. About the drone, I originally had a smaller spaceship with a pilote there instead, but then I realised I'd have to make a corridor between the cockpit and the hold, making the whole thing much bigger than I wanted it to be. ^^'

@CP5670: The wing does fold down, but of course it springs back to its original position immediately. It's stable between that position and a straight position though.

About the grey, I don't really see the need to paint a spaceship's engine (not that painting a spaceship is really useful either), so I chose a light ( essentially metallic/pearl) grey already visible on the Space Police logo (which also has red). I guess that definitely turns it into some neo-SP1 though, which is always more personal than a canonical colour scheme.

Awesome build! Pure inspiration in this. It's time for me to build another SP moc

Considering the current evolution of your ships, this one would be a small ship in the fleet. :wink: