Captain Pirate Man

My Pirate/ Castle/ LOTR, World/MOC

Hello everybody, I've been waiting for a while to show everybody my collection or MOC or world or whatever you want to call it. I debated which thread to post this, this one or the Historic section, because you will see a lot of sets from BOTH sections in it. As well as MOC's and other odds and ends. Ultimatley I decided on the Pirate forum, because that is ultimately where my heart truly lies, and it is essentially the time period of my world.

I am NOT a professional Lego builder, I have never been to or participated in any sort of Lego shows. The closest thing to that I have ever done is go to Lego land Chicago (which was great btw). Basically what I'm saying is I'm just a random side that LOVES Lego, bought a lot of sets (

Beautiful collection! I am almost just like you, I build some MOC's but most of the time I'm buying Lego sets, it almost looks just like my layout but mine has more kingdoms than anything else

It's really harder than it looks, when it comes to laying everything out. Even though Lego fits together perfectly, it takes a lot of planning and trial and error to make everything look cohesive.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I agree with you, even though Lego makes all the sets for some reason they just don't sit perfectly together, you have to add your own scenery or extra buildings or sculptures. I always love the work you do though! Good job for sure!

Thanks so much Azog!!! It's great to get your feed back. I know there are a lot better builders, video reviewers, YouTube channels, etc, etc than mine. But I'm just a fan of Lego trying to do the best that I can do. I just hope people enjoy what I'm doing as well. Some of my reviews, really fill a void IMO. Sure maybe other channels have more professional equipment and what not, but a good portion of my reviews are of sets that not many, if ANY reviews actually exist. Sure some reviews are of sets that literally hundreds of people have already done, but not all. I am trying to help fill the void of classic Pirate and Castle theme reviews, as well as some of the clone brand stuff. Sure I do some of the newer sets as well, because I try to review every set I get, when I first get it, but they are not really my focus. I was and AM a classic Pirate and Castle fan first and foremost, they are my passion.

Castle and pirates along with some ninjago and basic adventure themes are my passion! My prize in my whole collection would have to be my Smaug. And you don't always need all the fancy equipment to do a good review, the set itself should be enough. Like you can check out my review on the samurai stronghold in the historic themes, I just really have bad lighting

oh yeah, that is one lego creation that I know will never get made again

I've only just got round to watching this after seeing some of your other reviews.

Really cool setup. I like the way you've combined the Pirates and Castle lines whilst still keeping the red and blue factions. The mix of sea and land with a few MOCs included is great too.

I've only just got round to watching this after seeing some of your other reviews.

Really cool setup. I like the way you've combined the Pirates and Castle lines whilst still keeping the red and blue factions. The mix of sea and land with a few MOCs included is great too.

Thanks. I'm actually in the process of adding another table to it. I want to make it bigger, so I can add more water, and put the Pirates off on there own.

As far as the red and the blues go, I've always felt they were two clearly different factions, so it just made sense to me. I know a lot of folks mix them together as one, but to me, they are enemies, that just happen to be enemies with the Pirates as well.

As far as the red and the blues go, I've always felt they were two clearly different factions, so it just made sense to me. I know a lot of folks mix them together as one, but to me, they are enemies, that just happen to be enemies with the Pirates as well.

I think that makes sense.

It's representative of how the Caribbean was throughout the Pirate era. As well as Pirates you still had the French and British opposing each other.

Excellent work! It's actually Mocs like these that I appreciate the most, simply because so few people have ever made a full "world" layout like you have. I also like how you have a reason for each region being where it is in relation to the others, it really makes your world seem more realistic. I look forward to future updates. pirate_classic.gif

Excellent work! It's actually Mocs like these that I appreciate the most, simply because so few people have ever made a full "world" layout like you have. I also like how you have a reason for each region being where it is in relation to the others, it really makes your world seem more realistic. I look forward to future updates. pirate_classic.gif

I will absolutley do an update video in the future, I have already changed it significantly. It is a whole 6x4 feet table at the end of it to make it longer. I also put the pirates off by themselves, made the forest 2 green baseplates larger, and made some other notable changes. As a whole I would say my table is about 18-20 feet long and 6 feet wide.

I wanted more ocean and not to feel like everything is on "top" of each other. I also had to make room for Tower Orthanc and the black gate which I already bought, but won't be adding it until Christmas. I just wanted to make sure I had enough space for such a large addition.

Thanks so much for the comments, I really appreciate them. You see lots of lego cities (on youtube) that people have on their basements, but I believe that this is the only historical type MOC that isn't part of a Lego display, or from a LUG show. Pirate was always my favorite theme, followed by castle, then LOTR. So it just felt natural for me to want to create something like this. I also have started my lego city as well, but it's in the very beginning stages, not near what other folks have created. But I do have the GB Firehouse set, Palace Cinema, Pet Shop, tower bridge and some smaller city sets already. So it's a decent start, but my historic MOC is my pride and joy at this moment.

Nice setup man! You have a LEGO empire. Very impressive.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Its a LOVE. Only getting bigger too!!!

Just be careful if your wife discovers that the love is more than hers..hahahahahah . I think you know what will happen to the Lego ;-)

Shhh!!! That's our little secret.