Car seats

Features:

- Manual tilting function

- Manual moving function (2L travel)

Although car seats in many MOC's look great, they often lack features such as the ability to move back and forth or an adjustable backrest. Having grown up with the 8860-set as a reference model, I simply couldn't leave the car seats of my Steppenwolf-project without such features.

I started off with the car seats as can be found in Nathanaël Kuipers' Concept 4x4. These seats already have an adjustable backrest. However, I wanted the seats to lean slightly backwards and I wanted to add the ability to move the seats forth and back. So I extended the bottom part to make the seats movable and lean backwards at the same time. The seats are placed on two 12L axles along which they can glide. The moving mechanism relies on a second worm gear placed just below the worm gear that is part of the tilting mechanism.

After building the seats I wasn't very happy about the amount of slack in the tilting mechanism of the adjustable backrests (a worm gear - 8-tooth gear mesh). I resolved this by placing two rubber connectors in each seat. These rubber connectors try to keep the backrests in a 90 degree angle, but they can stretch far enough to not decline the tilting function. This final modification makes the car seats far less shaky.

800x225.jpg800x225.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

LXF-file here.

Edited by Didumos69

Nice, this is very cool... Any thought on implementing these?
If you mean 'implementing' as in 'building', then yes. They are part of my Steppenwolf-build as can be seen in
. Or isn't that what you mean? Edited by Didumos69

If you mean 'implementing' as in 'building', then yes.

That is exactly what I ment... :thumbup: I have seen Steppenwolf-build...but never noticed these seats... :sceptic::laugh::classic: Again: very cool! Love those...

Love those...

Thanks again!

I like the idea of just putting it all in one thread.

:thumbup:

Nice work with the seats. I'll be following the updates.

Good to know!

Edited by Didumos69

I made a small LDD-design which incorporates the essentials of the Rocker-Bogie suspension. I did my best to give the body a firm hold on the axles to which the rockers are attached. These axles (with end-stop) are supported on both sides of the spider gears and can't fall out of the body. The position of the body averages between the rockers. The center of gravity of the body is placed exactly above the middle pair of wheels.

I didn't build this. It was just a thought experiment to get a good understanding of how this works.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Gif-animation here

LXF-file here.

Edited by Didumos69

Designed myself a manual mixer. The mixers rotate in opposite direction otherwise they would collide.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

LXF-file here.

Edited by Didumos69

I love the tractor !!

Thanks! I recently built the tractor and my kids love it. My son (6) likes to explain to everybody that it has a real 'fake' engine :laugh:

Amazing mixer! The mixers are a very clever idea , like everything yours in this topic

I am building one of those , but motorized

54ff2bb429153-cuisinart-power-advantage-plus-9-speed-hand-mixer-1110-s3.jpg

Edited by LXF

I got the idea to take my Small Porsche as part I of a 'Small cute trilogy'. Not much Technic about this, but here is part II: a Seaplane. Maybe not the exact colors, but it is supposed to be buildable and well designed:

960x450.jpg960x450.jpg960x450.jpg960x450.jpg960x450.jpg960x450.jpg960x450.jpg

LXF-file here.

Edited by Didumos69

I love this, it's soooooooo cute. I'm liking very much the imaginative use of parts.

I love this, it's soooooooo cute. I'm liking very much the imaginative use of parts.

Very cute!

Wow, that plane is so cute))) i need to build this one)

Thank you guys! I had the idea for the wings and tail and couldn't leave it unused :wink:

Edited by Didumos69