azog

Scooby-Doo retirement?

Well if it isn't the promo, its a good sign for the theme! This theme is fantastic and I personally can't see lego dropping such a good theme

It's the dvd promo. The theme is dead, which is too bad. I had actually hoped for a Scrappy-Doo. Maybe we'll see a UCS Mystery Machine someday, I'd certainly buy one.

It's the dvd promo. The theme is dead, which is too bad. I had actually hoped for a Scrappy-Doo. Maybe we'll see a UCS Mystery Machine someday, I'd certainly buy one.

I find it hard to think of the theme as "dead" when the full range of sets is still available and mere months old.

I find it hard to think of the theme as "dead" when the full range of sets is still available and mere months old.

I agree. And frankly, we are just speculating it unless we see how short or long is the license contract with Hanna-Barbera.

I went to Walmart this weekend and was shocked by the amount of Mystery Machine sets they had. There had to be 50 of them on the shelf.

It does seem weird that Lego would end a theme that has so much potential. They could do a haunted amusement park and so much more. Lego could be making a big mistake ending the theme like this

I wholeheartedly agree on the theme's potential. It's been interesting to see the transition from Monster Fighters to the Haunted House, then to the dedicated CMF series of monsters to Scooby-Doo. It's been a fun journey from a theme standpoint, and I've been excited to have them all kind of run one into another. It allows for tons of material to MOC with. I bet this isn't the last we've seen of the Scooby gang. On a related note, the Haunted Hollywood movie was *such* a drag... it didn't do the property any favors. It didn't help that Mindi Cohn was not voicing Velma (wtf!), but it was really stilted and the pacing was off. Kind of a wasted opportunity.

I'm just glad I was able to get the whole gang before the prices skyrocket. It really is a fantastic theme--one of my favourites in years.

The movie felt like a really long ad for the sets :(

It's almost like that's been their scheme all along. Oh wait, it was. After the few dozen Lego shorts/movies/games I think it's safe to say it's all been a very long toy commercial.

On a related note, the Haunted Hollywood movie was *such* a drag... it didn't do the property any favors. It didn't help that Mindi Cohn was not voicing Velma (wtf!), but it was really stilted and the pacing was off. Kind of a wasted opportunity.

That's nothing new. Mindy Cohn doesn't even voice Velma in the current show. She's pretty much only voicing Velma in the main series DTV movies. I'm guessing she's on the verge of retiring and their trying to transition her out and bring a new voice in. It happens every 10-15 years for Velma.

I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but I'm not surprised that other people didn't. It was an odd choice to make a movie that's basically one big homage to the career of Boris Karloff. As I watched it I couldn't help but think that even if the general audience got all the things this was referencing I had serious doubts that many people would be that interested. It doesn't help that nearly all the recent Scooby DTV's have been fast paced and action oriented, so throwing in a slowly paced one built around old Hollywood homages was unlikely to get a strong reaction. Still seeing a Lego Elvira was pretty cool, so I'm happy just the same.

I thought that the movie was decent but it could have been better. On another note at least we got all of the "haunted" spooky themes in the past to add on. But I would have loved to see more of the gang itself. I always thought it would be really cool but I don't know what Lego would do. We never really got a head quarters for the gang. But I don't know what they would have done for one

It is a shame if we only get one wave. Classic Scooby Doo was my absolute favorite as a kid; even being a little too young for it's heyday, we had several VHS tapes with many episodes on them!

Like the "zombies" the Scooby Gang faces, their is a new LEGO Scooby-Doo movie/video (sorry I don't remember the sub title). (From what I do remember it looked like they are on a boat.) I did spotted the movie at Walmart. So, I guess someone doesn't want LEGO Scooby-Doo to fade into recent memory. 

Odd that they seemingly still have the license, but dont give it sets 

Still a lot of crossover appeal they left on the table with this theme.

SD Haunted Castle!

SD Pirate Ship!

SD Old West Ghost Town!

SD Spooky Carnival!

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Ultron said:

Odd that they seemingly still have the license, but dont give it sets 

I hope LEGO Scooby-Doo will eventually get more sets with Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma in alternate clothes, like Shaggy in a red shirt and blue jeans from his 80's appearances.

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

I hope LEGO Scooby-Doo will eventually get more sets with Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma in alternate clothes, like Shaggy in a red shirt and blue jeans from his 80's appearances.

All I want are the Hex Girls and some more classic monsters!

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, Benny benny BENNY said:

maybe its going to be filler theme for when theres no lego movies or other WB ip

Well, 2018 is a possibility for future Scooby-Doo sets since there's not much Warner Bros.-owned themes next year (other than DC Comics and The LEGO Batman & Ninjago Movies). Let's just wait and find out.

If we EVER get new Scooby Doo sets, i would bauwl my eyes out in happiness.. Seriously, the show was my entire childhood and five sets and one polybag DON'T satisfy me :laugh::laugh:

Like many here, it was a favourite theme - the Spooky Lighthouse in particular is such a fun set.

AFAIK there's no expired licensing issues, and TLG continue to sign off on feature movies (most recent one being the zombie pirate beach thing whose title escapes me) so I don't get why no more sets?

Theories....???

I was so close to buying the mystery machine in January for £23 but passed it up...

seeing £55 on eBay now just...it just hurts me

17 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Like many here, it was a favourite theme - the Spooky Lighthouse in particular is such a fun set.

AFAIK there's no expired licensing issues, and TLG continue to sign off on feature movies (most recent one being the zombie pirate beach thing whose title escapes me) so I don't get why no more sets?

Theories....???

I believe the movie you're talking about is "LEGO Scooby-Doo: Blowout Beach Bash", and those pirates are actually ghosts, not zombies.

I have a feeling that the LEGO Scooby-Doo theme is currently on hiatus. Even though 2016 and 2017 each got a new direct-to-DVD movie, but no new sets, I believe LEGO still has the Scooby-Doo license. I hope 2018 will also give us a third LEGO Scooby-Doo DVD movie!