Big Sal

[Challenge 4][Cat B] Volcanic Research Centre

26684792922_9101713e24_c.jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this airborne tour of the M.A.N.T.I.S. Volcanic Research Centre. I'm sure most of you arrived here today by taking the monorail east out to this outlying area of The Core. This volcano is one of many that provide geothermal power for The Core, and you can see two power stations at the foot of the volcano, to the west of the main landing tower. The pipelines you see leaving the power stations provide both power and water to settlements all over Torresta!

To the east of the landing tower you can see a large building with four biodomes. This is where M.A.N.T.I.S. scientists use the natural underground heat to research rapid plant growth. One day soon you may be eating vegetables grown in as little as a few hours using techniques discovered here!

The four buildings you see in a row at the front of the centre are various laboratories. On the roofs you can see amplified radar, solar panels, a greenhouse and a landing pad. These laboratories are personally overseen by Big Sal, M.A.N.T.I.S.'s Chief Scientist!

Oh! Speaking of which! Look down on the platform of Volcano Monorail Station. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's Big Sal himself, talking to an elderly lady. What a treat for you all!"

26174628153_478904e44f_c.jpg

Thanks for reading! Didn't think I'd have time for this, but managed to throw something together :classic: Unrendered version in the spoiler. C&C welcome!

26712653461_279bbcd9e8_b.jpg

Edited by Big Sal

I wish it looked this good when I "throw something together." :sceptic: Great micro facility, and an excellent piece of work on the station - it's immediately recognizable.

Speaking of which! Look down on the platform of Volcano Monorail Station. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's Big Sal himself, talking to an elderly lady. What a treat for you all!

Oh, oh, I see him. And he's waving at us! No wait, he's signaling for help. Maybe the old lady is sick or hurt, she seems to be screaming a lot :laugh:

Good job Sal. Look like we both made a micro of our catA too