With some hints being given that 42056 is just the beginning of a new line of Ultimate Technic sets, what are some of the cars you would like to see made? Personally I would like to see a Lamborghini Aventador, or a Bugatti Veyron (once a few main ideas come up, I'll add a poll).

Edited by Kman860

Something fresh like Jaguar, McLaren or Koenigsegg.

a 300 SL Gullwing, a lamborghini Countach, a 1968 stingray, Bob Chandlers Bigfoot, a ford model T, a messerschmitt kabinenroller and finally a BMW 507

Edited by efferman

Smart fortwo

Ferrari Enzo

Nissan 350 z

Nissan Skyline

Mitsubishi Evo 7

Edited by LXF

I definately agree with the Koenigsegg, Charger, 300 SL, Stingray, Model T and BMW, but given that the T, Bigfoot, Charger, and Stingray, are American vehicles, I don't know if it will happen.

Smart fortwo

Ferrari Enzo

Nissan 350 z

Nissan Skyline

Mitsubishi Evo 7

+1 to all of those.

Was it mentioned that all of the Ultimate sets would be cars?

No, which I was going to mention, (I'm assuming that they are), I would like to see some machinery done in this scale and effort, but later I'll make a topic for construction machinery done as an Ultimate set.

Edited by Kman860

If all future sets are going to be technically as primitive (bar the gearbox) as the porsche, i want none of it.

Another crawler set that can actually crawl (XL motors, no diffs, 4 link suspension, and or new tires.

A Koenigsegg one:1 (kudos to Pvdb), or a McLaren P1 (in black) or maybe a proper model of a Bugatti Chiron with a proper W16 for me :sweet:

Edited by charlesw

If current production is not important, here are a few off the top of my head.

1965 Shelby Cobra 427

Ford GT40

Ferrari 250 GTO

Ferrari Testarossa

Lamborghini Countach

Lamborghini Diablo

Ferrari F40

Dodge Viper GTS-R

Pagani Zonda

Another crawler set that can actually crawl (XL motors, no diffs, 4 link suspension, and or new tires.

That makes me wonder if they would do an Ultimate set with PF/RC....

If all future sets are going to be technically as primitive (bar the gearbox) as the porsche, i want none of it.

I agree, but I'm hoping they can upgrade future sets (i.e. 4 wheel steer, AWD, etc).

I think it would be a Mercedes

I would love a 300 SL gullwing.

otherwise an Pagani Huayra

+1

@Kman860 Carrera 4S anyone...that way 42056 will just be as complete as 8880 (even though 8880 hadn't got sequential gearbox with shifters) :wink:

Speaking of 8880, I remember very vividly my 10 year old self going on the lego stand at the 94' Paris Motorshow asking some more information on the "human scale" model and was given a press kit by the Lego representative. On that very occasion, my dad bought me the original set and to this day I still got it (but am no longer able to build it relying on my memory alone) :classic:

Apart from my memories, Lego could introduce some fancy new engines...rotary engine anyone ?

Edited by charlesw

Cizetta V16T...but it won't happen - too obscure, it would make more sense for them to do a Diablo instead

Ariel Atom

Lotus 7 (or Caterham 7)

Lister Storm (but I guess that's already been done by the recent 24 hr car)

A Range Rover or Land Rover. They're made close to where I live.

@Kman860 Carrera 4S anyone...that way 42056 will just be as complete as 8880 (even though 8880 hadn't got sequential gearbox with shifters) :wink:

Speaking of 8880, I remember very vividly my 10 year old self going on the lego stand at the 94' Paris Motorshow asking some more information on the "human scale" model and was given a press kit by the Lego representative. On that very occasion, my dad bought me the original set and to this day I still got it (but am no longer able to build it relying on my memory alone) :classic:

Apart from my memories, Lego could introduce some fancy new engines...rotary engine anyone ?

I think a Carrera would be way too close to 42056 (at least for about 5-10 years).

Sure, but that could be an easy Porsche (or Apple) moment for Lego...and now, here is exactly the same model as before, but with 4 wheel drive (don't feed the troll btw) :classic:

Edited by charlesw

So whats ultimate with the porsche? just a road car with steering (very very good lookin, must say) but with a fancy box and instruction.

What about to really take the step to "ultimate" with a new light and sound system. Like working lights, indicators, and horn. Adjustable seats and steering wheel, working pedals - working clutch pedal, realistic motor sound for gas pedal and the brake pedal is linked to working calipers, and also with brake lights. And a advanced gear box where reverse light automaticaly being lit when you put in reverse... now we talking ultimate :thumbup:

So whats ultimate with the porsche? just a road car with steering (very very good lookin, must say) but with a fancy box and instruction.

What about to really take the step to "ultimate" with a new light and sound system. Like working lights, indicators, and horn. Adjustable seats and steering wheel, working pedals - working clutch pedal, realistic motor sound for gas pedal and the brake pedal is linked to working calipers, and also with brake lights. And a advanced gear box where reverse light automaticaly being lit when you put in reverse... now we talking ultimate :thumbup:

couldn't say it any better

Yeah, yeah, but I don't think there's that much market for 500€ sets...the IP on the Porsche doesn't come cheap...and fitting everything in whilst maintaining ease of assembly and some form of robustness doesn't come cheap either. To me 42056 seems to be a very good base :wink:

Edited by charlesw

The porsche is basically a sequential gearbox that has been made to look like a 911.