Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

The Summer Joust: Castle Contest

The Summer Joust is a castle contest with 6 different categories that is open May 1st-June 30th 2016.

There is a large prize pool with prizes for each category plus some individual awards.

Categories:

Natural Beauty:

Show us a beautiful landscape, whether that be a peaceful forest glade, thundering waterfall, or blistering desert. The emphasis is on nature, so man made buildings shouldn't be the focus. Ruins being overgrown, or such like, is permissible.

Faction Action:

Take an existing Lego castle theme/faction and tell your version of their story with the build. Something like the Dragon Knights catching a dragon, Forest-men robbing the rich,or Crown soldiers defending the royal castle. Any Castle faction is fair game, even Collectible Minifigure Series factions.

Historian:

Recreate a real historical event, or building from medieval times. Ideas include, battles, castles, manors, houses, treaties, and feasts. Reference what your build is based on.

476-1500 AD is the time-frame we're looking for.

Guild Creation:

Assemble a team of builders, and create your own faction and develop the buildings, landscape, and lifestyle of this group through multiple creations. Realistic, or fantasy factions are acceptable. Teams should consist of 2-4 members, and a maximum of 4 builds is allowed for the category. So if you have 4 team members, each person would create 1 build. If you only have two members, each can create 2 builds, and so on.

Castle Interior(s):

Show what goes on inside the castle with an interior scene. Anything from daily life to holiday celebrations, as long as it is inside the castle. Building an interior and exterior in the same build is permissible, but the focus should be on the interior.

Vignette: Create any medieval scene you can imagine, only one catch, it has to fit on an 8x8 base. Minimum overhang allowed, for things like tree branches and fig accessories.

Some of the prizes that are up for grabs:

26708488651_ca7666a4b6_c.jpg

Check out the full rules and details in the dedicated flickr group,

Then get to building some great Castle MOCs!

Edited by soccerkid6

I don't think you will have to post a link to your entry in this topic too, right? Because it is hosted on Flickr?

Anyway, nice contest!

I don't think you will have to post a link to your entry in this topic too, right? Because it is hosted on Flickr?

Anyway, nice contest!

Right, entries only need to be posted in the flickr group in the proper topic :classic:

Nice contest, thanks for the info. Im in. :)

I've been wanting to get back into castle/medieval building, so this might be the motivation I need to do that.

Interesting topics for sure. I can't wait to see what others come up with. Some really clever builders out there. I'm still a novice.

Nice contest, thanks for the info. Im in. :)

Glad to hear that, Niku :classic:

I've been wanting to get back into castle/medieval building, so this might be the motivation I need to do that.

Interesting topics for sure. I can't wait to see what others come up with. Some really clever builders out there. I'm still a novice.

I'm glad it caught your interest, we tried to include lots of fun categories :thumbup:

wow! great contest! :grin:

Good to hear that you like it :classic:

Here's a collage picture showing quite a few of the prizes:

26708488651_ca7666a4b6_c.jpg