Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Star Wars Anthology Contest

It does say appear, but according to Obi Wan, didn't he die before episode 1 took place?

It does say appear, but according to Obi Wan, didn't he die before episode 1 took place?

It hasn't really been said in the new canon, but in the old canon he died shortly after the events of Episode 1.

It hasn't really been said in the new canon, but in the old canon he died shortly after the events of Episode 1.

The Clone Wars episodes referencing his fate are still canon.

I was gonna say that, I think old and new canon are the same on that right?

According to Wookiepedia he was on the Jedi Council until around the time of the invasion of Naboo and died around the same time. He's even show on the Clone Wars as a hologram so technically he has appeared within the current canon.

Unfortunately, I don't think the episode mentions a specific time of death, all we know is that it was around the time of the Invasion of Naboo. Could potentially be before, could easily be after. The Plagueis novel was the only thing to really explore the events leading to his death in-depth and establish a timeline.

Just to be sure, does the character have to appear in the movies? How about someone that was mentioned, but never actually made an appearance? For example, Sifo Dias?

According to Wookiepedia he was on the Jedi Council until around the time of the invasion of Naboo and died around the same time. He's even show on the Clone Wars as a hologram so technically he has appeared within the current canon.

I think even though the only time we see him is in the cartoons, if you have a really good idea for a build including him we can go ahead an make an exception and allow you to build using him as your character.

I think even though the only time we see him is in the cartoons, if you have a really good idea for a build including him we can go ahead an make an exception and allow you to build using him as your character.

Great, thank you!

And the contest is closed! A judging thread will be up in the next couple days. Now!