Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Star Wars Anthology Contest

gallery_38409_287_58175.jpg

In a galaxy far, far away a group of characters we know so well had adventures we don't know about. We've heard about Lando's maneuver at the Battle of Tanab but we've never seen it. We saw Anakin leading Clonetroopers, but did he ever lead Stormtroopers the same way? And we know Anakin and Obi-wan escaped from a nest of Gundarks, but have you ever seen a Gundark? With the upcoming Rogue One movie, we will begin to delve into some of those in-between movie stories. But why wait! Add your own story to the Star Wars Anthology and submit it for this contest.

Details

• There will be two size categories.
  • The small category entries can be between 0-32 studs square.
  • The large category entries can be 32 square studs or larger.
  • Regardless of which size category the entry falls into, all entries must include a named, non-generic Star Wars character that appears in Episodes 1-7. For example, you could not have an entry that only includes generic Stormtroopers, but you could submit an entry that focuses on FN-2199 (TR-8R).
  • All entries must show an actual or fictional event that is set between Episodes 1-7.
  • Fictional events can include material from the EU/Legacy, Clone Wars shows, Rebels shows, or your own imagination!
  • Everyone may enter both categories but with only one entry per category.
  • One entry per member and per category. You can enter both categories with different entries, but you'll be eligible to receive only one prize.

Rules

• One entry per member and per category. You can enter both categories with different entries, but you'll be eligible to receive only one prize.
  • The size restrictions for the small category is 0 - 32x32 studs. The size restriction for the large category is 32x32 studs or larger.
  • The contest will run from 1st May to 1st June, 2016. As long as it's still June 1st somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • This contest is open to all EB members, even if they joined EB after the contest has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win prizes.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts. Digital entries will be allowed. All digital entries must use only existing pieces in existing colors. To ensure these rules have been followed, a link needs to be provided for the LDD file.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto’s Junkyard forum, the title prefixed by, "[Anthology] – category size - entry name". (For example, "[Anthology] – Small – Suppressing the Mandos".) A link must also be included in this thread for your entry to count.
  • Post pictures no larger than 800x640, but you may link to bigger pictures.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited. It is also prohibited to use the Lego logo in any picture.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.
  • For each category EB members will vote for their favorite entry in each category.

Prizes

• First place in the Small Category will win 75140 Resistance Troop Transporter
  • Second place in the Small Category will win his/her choice of either 75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack or 75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack

• First place in the Large Category will win 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier
  • Second place in the Large Category will win his/her choice of either 75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack or 75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack

The Winners are in!

27131493010_90e7fa8e40_n.jpg - 6. LucasLaughing - Cold Blooded

Wins first place for the Large Cat. and wins 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier!

26669573720_f0d81837f4_n.jpg – 1. Thebeeze111 - The Bounty Hunter on Ord Mantell

Wins second place for the Large Cat. and wins his/her choice of either 75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack or 75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack!

27306502451_d59c010f85_n.jpg - 9. goatman461 - Meeting with the Regent to King Prana

Wins first place for the Small Cat. and wins 75140 Resistance Troop Transporter!

26756411421_f9f1370fa5_n.jpg – 1. Thebeeze111 - Finding the Dark Side

Tied for second place for the Small Cat., but since he already won in the Large Cat., he only gets one prize.

27099055375_514aed29b5_n.jpg – 4. TheNerdyOne_ - Declaration of Rebellion

Tied for 2nd place in the Small Cat. and wins his/her choice of either 75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack or 75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack!

26795739674_65b522749e_n.jpg 10. naugem - The Pincer in Kaldahan

Tied for 2nd place in the Small Cat.and wins his/her choice of either 75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack or 75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack!

What an awesome idea for a competition! I'm in 100% but now I just have to figure out my favorite obscure Star Wars reference.

What an awesome idea for a competition! I'm in 100% but now I just have to figure out my favorite obscure Star Wars reference.

It can be fictional too! It doesn't have to be referenced in one of the movies, just set between them.

It can be fictional too! It doesn't have to be referenced in one of the movies, just set between them.

Contest just got even better, sweet! :classic:

Just to clarify, the named character MUST appear in the live action movies, so any character from Rebels or Clone Wars that wasn't also in a movie doesn't count?

So for example, Aurra Sing is okay because she can be seen (very) briefly during Episode 1, but Ventress is not enough because she wasn't in any of those 7 movies? Likewise for Rex, Ahsoka etc.

Very nice contest! Will try and make something for this one. Can't wait to see some entries!

Just to clarify, the named character MUST appear in the live action movies, so any character from Rebels or Clone Wars that wasn't also in a movie doesn't count?

So for example, Aurra Sing is okay because she can be seen (very) briefly during Episode 1, but Ventress is not enough because she wasn't in any of those 7 movies? Likewise for Rex, Ahsoka etc.

Yes, that's exactly right. Aurra Sing counts, Ahsoka doesn't for the reasons you listed. (I don't have anything against the Clone Wars or Rebels shows, but for the sake of the contest there needed to be limits)

Can you send me a couple? Cause I'm coming up blank right now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are the use of background images allowed? IE a backdrop behind your MOC?

Using a backdrop that's not photoshop-ed is allowed, but know that your entry will be judged on the quality of the Lego building, not the backdrop :classic:

Was this copy and pasted from the Maze contest? :laugh:

Sounds cool, I might enter this one. Make a front page post, I would never have seen this otherwise. :blush:

Was this copy and pasted from the Maze contest? :laugh:

Sounds cool, I might enter this one. Make a front page post, I would never have seen this otherwise. :blush:

Well, Bob and I both have worked on contests for SoNE together so we have a similar way of approaching them I guess. And hopefully the contest will be frontpaged soon. We're giving the Maze contest some time at the top for now.

Great to see a contest again in this forum!

Any rules regarding overhang on the Small category?

Great to see a contest again in this forum!

Any rules regarding overhang on the Small category?

Reasonable overhand is allowed. Just don't go crazy with it :classic:

Is this meant to be a vignette or can I make it look like an official LEGO set?

We have! in the Clone Wars episode "Dooku Captured" :grin:

I am a little rusty on my Clone Wars episodes, thanks for the correction :tongue:

Is this meant to be a vignette or can I make it look like an official LEGO set?

You can choose either one. Neither style would have an advantage so build what you prefer!

Is it allowed to include legacy material or must it be strict canon material. Their is much more enjoyable scenes and moments found in the legacy zone. Just wondering.

Is it allowed to include legacy material or must it be strict canon material. Their is much more enjoyable scenes and moments found in the legacy zone. Just wondering.

The details section tells me that you can base your scene from an EU event, an event meantioned in the movies but not seen, or you can completely make a scene up that takes place between the movies. Edited by legoman19892

As long as you tied it to the live action movies, I bet you could bring in some Legacy/EU stuff. But that might soon turn this contest into a rehash of the EU Contest, so I would imagine the judges are looking for mostly original material.

Edited by Junior Shark