As some remarked, Baker was preparing for a dive while underway to Quinnsville - luckily, in a period of calm, they had a chance to survey one of the reefs.

26352335176_1b2be84189_c.jpg

While a sovereign monarch on his own quarterdeck, Cooke's authority means little to Montoya once engulfed in scientific endeavour

To the Editor of the Proceedings, Journal of the RS of Nat. Phil.

Dear Fellows,

Luckily, (which I say at the peril of rebuke from my good friend, who is ever in a tearing hurry) we were becalmed in one of the bays on our way to Quinnsville, and we had a opportunity to exploit the diving suit I had procured in Arlinsport long since. While our initial respite was taking up by furious surveying from the seamen, and we could not even procure a boat, when the bay had been measured and sounded meticulously, Cooke graced me with his company and the jolly-boat. On an aside, he has shown a very acute understanding of the physics behind the suit, something I have never managed myself. I knew he was a prodigious mathematicians and astronomer, but that physics came so natural to him surprises me. If ever possible, I shall invite him to join Señor da Pontelli's lecture on flight! Young mr. Baker is a natural too, and he fairly glows at the prospects of going down again. And from what I can see, and the specimens he brings up and his descriptions make it clear why. The wealth of the coral reefs around Cocovia is unfathomable, and while our world above the surface still offers many discoveries, it is not to be compared with the novelty and diversity below the waves. Such wealth! I have enclosed a preliminary paper on some of our discoveries and hope you will bring it in the proceedings.

Sincerly

Don Isaac Montoya

Fellow

RS of Nat. Phil.

Enclosed:

"Preliminary findings on the reefs of Cocovia - A study in diversity" - Montoya, Don Isaac & Baker, Charles

25775497303_0ed0171b82_c.jpg

The wealth of the underwater world is fantastic, as is the colours.

And an overview picture

25775497433_3f09f70e70_c.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C on story and build more than welcome.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by Bregir

Nice and colourful reefs.

I like the way you fixed the manta ray by the top of the build.

Perhaps you could have some variety on term of coral forms, the colour is good but there are perhaps a bit too much 1x1 studs piles. You could use some of the colourful pieces we find in the friends theme for example, a pink hairbrush makes an excellent coral...

Good job on showing us the sea below the waves ! I like this.

You're really good at these under-water scenes!

Great build, lovely colours!

Superbly executed underwater scene, but man, your water on the surface is just top-notch.

Only the dolphin sems a bit out of place, having him jump out of the water would be even more impressive.

Edited by Elostirion

I love the first shot. The waves are looking wonderfully natural. Normally I would say the rocks are too blocky for my taste. But here it looks really believable. In some way it reminds me on the old aqua raiders/aqua sharks theme.

A very nice build Bregir, the colourful coral reef scene is very well done and as usual the story is superb. I'm quite jealous of the CMF diver, I don't have one (yet!). Dirk may have to make enquires about purchasing a suit for himself as coral reefs fascinate him!

Thanks all - I am a bit dissapointed that none of you noticed my own favourite detail, though! The bubbles coming out of the top of the helmet. pirate_blush.gif

Nice and colourful reefs.

I like the way you fixed the manta ray by the top of the build.

Perhaps you could have some variety on term of coral forms, the colour is good but there are perhaps a bit too much 1x1 studs piles. You could use some of the colourful pieces we find in the friends theme for example, a pink hairbrush makes an excellent coral...

Good job on showing us the sea below the waves ! I like this.

Thanks, Faladrin!

I was searching for alternative corals, but I sort of decided that in one spot, the corals were likely to be somewhat similar. (Plus, I don't have any friends sets... pirate_tong.gif )

I quite like these underwater builds.

You're really good at these under-water scenes!

Great build, lovely colours!

Thanks, Titus - And well, it is my second one, so I am basically a veteran! pirate_laugh2.gif

Terrific - the miracles of the deep sea are now in reach of our hands!

What a great achievement for mankind.

:thumbup:

The miracles of the sea, as well as the skies will soon be explored by the Royal Society! "We go, where no man went before - to the final frontiers!" pirate_wink.gif

(Forgive me the slight paraphrasing.. pirate_blush.gif )

I always love underwater scenes and this is no exception! All the see weeds are nice pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks BDGR! Me too. pirate_satisfied.gif

Superbly executed underwater scene, but man, your water on the surface is just top-notch.

Only the dolphin sems a bit out of place, having him jump out of the water would be even more impressive.

Thanks, Elostirion - I was kinda trying to show the dolphin in the middle of a jump, and those white speckles are supposed to be where it came out of the water, but I can see that it is hard to distinguish. And your idea might be even better, having it half submerged or so. pirate_blush.gif

I love the first shot. The waves are looking wonderfully natural. Normally I would say the rocks are too blocky for my taste. But here it looks really believable. In some way it reminds me on the old aqua raiders/aqua sharks theme.

Glad you like it, Jacob - I think this technique is pretty good, as you can get some of the colourplay of the seas built in.

And thanks - not all rocks are smooth and curvy pirate_laugh2.gif

A very nice build Bregir, the colourful coral reef scene is very well done and as usual the story is superb. I'm quite jealous of the CMF diver, I don't have one (yet!). Dirk may have to make enquires about purchasing a suit for himself as coral reefs fascinate him!

Maybe we should set up an artisan in Arlinsport building these suits? pirate_wink.gif Glad you like the reefs, and Montoya would definitely suggest Dirk to explore the seas too! Such riches of discovery! pir_laugh2.gif