Sign in to follow this  
Junior Shark

[SoNE XI] Big Trouble in Little Kuat

*Incoming Transmission*

*Standard ISB Imperial Holonet Encryption*

*ISB Agent Tarsus to Lt. Tanager*

Lieutenant, one of our spies has given us information that indicates the Alliance is using Clone Wars-era Republic broadcast stations for the transmission of coded segments of the plans to and from their safe houses across the planet. I am requisitioning a squad from your convoy for a raid on one of these broadcast stations.

*Transmission Complete*

26196197814_b3e650c26e_z.jpg

26197631203_fe4efec9dd_z.jpg

26196200164_34e37aaa5e_z.jpg

You Know the Drill:

26801034335_6dbd3b884c.jpg

26197629203_8f12b088dc.jpg

26801034965_c068a4439a.jpg

26197631203_fe4efec9dd.jpg

26196193094_fa12a9611f.jpg

26197632983_55d7822bbe.jpg

26801036095_8f5763727d.jpg

26196197814_b3e650c26e.jpg

26196199164_b99dd5234f.jpg

26196201324_3f53acdfdb.jpg

Sorry for the crappy background. This MOC kinda broke my current photo setup. Gonna have to upgrade it for the Anthology contest! :sweet:

Edited by Junior Shark

Shame you missed the deadline but I love what you've done here. The use of medium azure and white works very well on the first building and the use of those brown plates really gives the old broadcast station an "abandoned" feel. But what really like is those overhanging lamps on the tan building :wub:.

Very nice build - I like the contrast between the two buildings, and your minifig posing does a great job bringing the scene to life.

As far as background, I just use large sheets of cardstock type paper that I picked up from Fred Meyer (Kroger) for about $1 each. I have white ones for most shoots, but also picked up some black ones for space backgrounds:

21908924270_f3f42f223a_c.jpg

Thanks all!

The use of medium azure and white works very well on the first building and the use of those brown plates really gives the old broadcast station an "abandoned" feel. But what really like is those overhanging lamps on the tan building :wub:.

Hey, thanks! I think those lamps are pretty good myself. :grin:

As far as background, I just use large sheets of cardstock type paper that I picked up from Fred Meyer (Kroger) for about $1 each. I have white ones for most shoots, but also picked up some black ones for space backgrounds:

Ooh nice. Thanks for the tip! I'l pick some up for the Anthology contest.

I absolutely love the contrast between the colorful tan building and the rundown grey building. Not only that but they both look really good, especially the slummier one! Excellent build and scene, I really feel I need to trim mine with black tiles now seeing how good it looks on yours!

A real bummer you missed the deadline as this is awesome!

Thanks pal! For me, the black tiles weren't so much for the look but for constraining myself to a set space. But yeah, this sucker does look pretty good and professional with the border.

Very nice build Junior Shark! I'm sorry I don't have the time to congratulate you with your perfect mixture of angles, roundness and texture.

I dropped by to point out to everyone that Junior Shark did indeed upload his pictures after the deadline of the contest, but that he's still participating in it. That's because he contacted us in advance with a very legitimate reason as to why it would be impossible for him to get his pictures up in time. Because this episode didn't have any tactical component to it, we had absolutely no problem giving him some extra days to post his pictures. So his entry is still in the running for XP and for points for his faction for this episode. And since you all were very sorry he apparently missed the deadline, I have no doubt you won't have any problems with this either :classic: .

Thanks for the compliments, Pertyn Sawk and JonnyRainbow! Much appreciated.

And thanks to BEAVeR for articulating the situation!