26672968571_949e5e5070.jpg

Detective Rhys Thomson looked around him with satisfaction as he crossed the almost empty streets of Salida Este. He nodded pleasantly to a few passersby as he opened the heavy oak door that lead into his little office. But he was thinking of what his wife always said - how he'd never get any clients by setting up a detective's office out here in the boonies. Well, he'd prove her wrong, he would! He stepped into the office. It was smallish and quite cluttered, but he remembered another saying of his wife's which she used to throw at him whenever he wondered out loud if her pampered nephew (whom they were raising) would ever amount to anything. "Tall Oaks From Little Acorns Grow!" she would retort, capitalizing every word and being very careful to exaggerate the exclamation point at the end.

Thomson heard the door open behind him and he turned around quickly with a jovial smile. "Good day, sir! As my wife always says - 'Every day is a good day, if it starts in bed.' Your day started in bed, of course, I presume?"

The newcomer smiled a little at the detective's quirkiness. "Yes, yes, of course. You are Detective Rhys Thomson?"

26169365034_bfc4a2337d.jpg

"Indeed, so I am. Rhys Thomson, to serve you. What can I do for you this fine morning? - since you are out of bed, and here, I presume you have some business?"

"Some business, truly. A difficult case. As you are the only detective for miles around, I have come here."

"Ha!" the detective exclaimed jubilantly! "So my wife always said! 'Why, you're the only detective for miles around!' - but, you see, she thought that was a bad thing. Let's see here. You have a case, I have some time, voila! The perfect match." And the detective swiped a pile of papers off the chair and motioned his visitor to a seat.

26169332994_ca6d3a8c23.jpg

"Let us proceed to business at once," Thomson went on, straddling the scattered papers. "A case, you say. What sort of case, if I may ask?"

His visitor lowered his tone mysteriously and bent forward. "A case of murder."

...To be continued!

26466615850_9ba82b6ed3.jpg

26713813146_55b2c23d25.jpg

26171092273_383839e7f9.jpg

26171098433_0782c773aa.jpg

Comments are always appreciated! Thank you for looking!

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice build! It looks quite sturdy with those wood columns. I really like the eagle at the roof peak, and I look forward to the story (just what's going on out there on the frontier that calls for a detective?!) and additional pictures. It certainly brings a bit of civilization to a frontier settlement like Salida Este.

Well, Kai - might one ask why you posted it so soon then? I am confused.

Nice little facade - one wonders at the lack of windows, and why this detective needs such high ceilings.

I think it is a little hard to figure out that that is a door, and I am not so sure about those ripped bricks in the middle of the columns, but the overall style is nice, as is that eagle. pirate_blush.gif

That eagle is absolutely awesome!

Looking forward to the story!

That's the downside of the monthly deadlines in BoBS. You don't always have time to bring your MOCs to perfection.

What we see so far is looking great. Let's wait for the rest now.

Nice build! It looks quite sturdy with those wood columns. I really like the eagle at the roof peak, and I look forward to the story (just what's going on out there on the frontier that calls for a detective?!) and additional pictures. It certainly brings a bit of civilization to a frontier settlement like Salida Este.

Thanks! The eagle was a fun addition!

Well, Kai - might one ask why you posted it so soon then? I am confused.

Nice little facade - one wonders at the lack of windows, and why this detective needs such high ceilings.

I think it is a little hard to figure out that that is a door, and I am not so sure about those ripped bricks in the middle of the columns, but the overall style is nice, as is that eagle. pirate_blush.gif

Actually I posted because it's something of a collaboration with another builder and I didn't want him to think I'd left him high and dry (since I said I'd post in April).

There are windows around back; but you'll see those when I upload the rest. And yeah, I wasted a lot of time over that door and finally settled for this as about the best I could get given the wall technique... it would really be nice to have an arch over the door, but with the SNOT tiles, I don't think that's possible.

Thanks!

That eagle is absolutely awesome!

Looking forward to the story!

Thanks Titus!

That's the downside of the monthly deadlines in BoBS. You don't always have time to bring your MOCs to perfection.

What we see so far is looking great. Let's wait for the rest now.

But practice makes progress! pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks!

Now you made me very curious to the continuation!

Nice interior!

Detective stories in a pirate RPG? I can like that! Also I do like ths pavement for some reason. It adds that feel of a building standing at an actual street in a town, not just a house in the middle of nowhere.

Just chipping in to say that interior shots and story does a lot for a build. Actually, this is a,great A/B test to indicate how much that means! ;)

Nice story, which I will be looking forward to follow further.

And the interior is great, particularly the mess. That stack of papers in the attic is perfect, although he must be a detective to,find his way around all that mess! :P

Very nice build Kai, the extremely cluttered interior is superb, and you've peeked my curiosity with that story! Looking forward to more! pirate_satisfied.gif

'Murder Most Fowl!' as my wife always says, confusing, as she often does, homicide with chicken slaughter.

'Something rotten in the State of Eslandola', as my wife never says.

'Building an arch using SNOT? That's disgusting!' as my wife would probably say if she had the slightest interest in BOBS.

'That's enough of your ridiculous ramblings, come and do the washing up' as my wife always says...so...er...see you later then...

Now you made me very curious to the continuation!

Nice interior!

pirate_satisfied.gif Thanks!

Detective stories in a pirate RPG? I can like that! Also I do like ths pavement for some reason. It adds that feel of a building standing at an actual street in a town, not just a house in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you! The pavement (especially the profile brick part) was fun!

Just chipping in to say that interior shots and story does a lot for a build. Actually, this is a,great A/B test to indicate how much that means! ;)

Nice story, which I will be looking forward to follow further.

And the interior is great, particularly the mess. That stack of papers in the attic is perfect, although he must be a detective to,find his way around all that mess! :P

Thanks Bregir! Yeah, the interior made a big difference since otherwise it was just a pretty boring facade!

Very nice build Kai, the extremely cluttered interior is superb, and you've peeked my curiosity with that story! Looking forward to more! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks Garmadon. Only, curiosity is usually piqued, not peeked. pir_laugh2.gif

'Murder Most Fowl!' as my wife always says, confusing, as she often does, homicide with chicken slaughter.

'Something rotten in the State of Eslandola', as my wife never says.

'Building an arch using SNOT? That's disgusting!' as my wife would probably say if she had the slightest interest in BOBS.

'That's enough of your ridiculous ramblings, come and do the washing up' as my wife always says...so...er...see you later then...

pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Lovely interior, and the quirky dialogue is quite amusing pirate_laugh_new.gif The papers piled all over are a nice touch, and I like your chair designs pirate_classic.gif

Lovely interior, and the quirky dialogue is quite amusing pirate_laugh_new.gif The papers piled all over are a nice touch, and I like your chair designs pirate_classic.gif

Thanks SK! I've been trying to introduce some whimsical characters with their own little idiosyncrasies in BoBS following the popularity of Guy's Uncle. pirate_laugh2.gif

haha! nice little build Detective! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks! pirate_satisfied.gif