Dukesc

Fort Abri Sûr

Allow me to introduce to you the medium fort 'Fort Abri Sûr' of Breshaun!

IMG_20160427_060806547_1.jpg

IMG_20160427_061000896_1.jpg

Edit1.jpg

This is a great fort. I particularly like the white coloring which reminds me of all my early sets. The usage of both Lego and Brockville cannons provides a good realism of what a fort would have.

A nicely whitewashed sloped fort! Stay vigilant guys! I don't know exactly why, but i really like the guardhouse on the left!!

Great fort with a very classic feeling. Good job on angling the walls

Impressive fortification. Love the use of the classic colour scheme. And I like how it's arranged as a corner of the whole fortress. Looks very playable!

Very nice fort with a very classic feel, Dukesc, the sloped edges really add a lot to this build! pirate_satisfied.gif The white, yellow, and red color-scheme also looks great here, and the Oleander flag is an excellent detail!

Thanks for the comments!

My kids call the guardhouse on the left 'the police station', because it says Police on the inside.lol I figured it was an ammo/powder shack.

Nice looking fort, Dukesc.

It has a lovely classic feel with those colours, but without the simplistic official set touch.

I particularly like the sloped walls and the colour scheme. If possible, throwing in some dark red brick bricks to complement the printed peeling off plastering could be an idea for additional detailing.

Well done.

(This letter one of several in a package of confidential communications recently intercepted by an Oleon agent)

To Lord Woodbrose

Dated this 4th day of May in the 616th year After Empire

Sir, I have recently received intelligence that the Oleanders have completed a fine stone fort at Breshaun, called Fort Abrasive or some such. The engraving I have seen looks most impressive, with strong, sloped walls backed with earth, numerous guns of varying calibres and a strong garrison. This certainly adds greatly to the defences of the port. However it seems they have not realised that in the age of gunpowder artillery the high stone tower is an anachronism. High towers povide an excellent aiming point for artillery and will be rapidly reduced to rubble by naval or land bombardment. Hopefully they will continue in their deluded belief that the high tower still has a role in modern wafare, and continue to waste resources on building them rather than on the much more sophisticated, though less visually impressive, sloped ramparts below.

I remain, sir, your most humble servant, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands. God save the Queen!

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Bregir, thanks for the comments!

Some red bricks would certainly compliment the peeling.

Fuzzy MacFuzz, what a fine letter that was a joy to read!

Are you foreshadowing that you might one day feel compelled to make an attempt of bringing my fort down?

I enjoyed building this fort, but have pondered the idea of building an all dirt or low profile stone fort in the future. Hmm.

That's a very nice fort with a nice blend of classic pirates colors and some more advanced building techniques. I like the custom cannons on the upper battery and that you spaced the cannons fairly far apart to give the gunners enough room to operate. I also like the various towers and shacks as well as the sloped wall. My main issue with the wall is the corner. I think it could be redesigned to incorporate the slope.

Lovely classic-style fort. It's perfect for those classic bluecoats, like a re-imagining of the old Eldorado Fortress or a major remake of Sabre Island or something. It has good firepower without being overkill. The sloped walls look nice; too bad the corners don't match but it's still a good design overall. The tower would be vulnerable but if you're going classic you gotta have one, right? Good work. :classic::thumbup:

I appreciate the comments! Every time I make a Bricklink Order I am on the lookout for that elusive white sloped, corner piece. As soon as I have enough I'll address the corners!