Sign in to follow this  
Col. Brik

[OL-FB1] "Empty Barrel" Rum runner

The "Empty Barrel" is Wilhelm's first ship that he built to begin running Rum for the Oleon nation. Phred took time out of his adventures to inspect the new ship and decide if it was sea worthy and would stay afloat running trade for the King.

ic7tfvul.jpg

wuwjIYXl.jpg

mkJvWmgl.jpg

xyqlaFLl.jpg

/Special thanks to Phred for actually coming over and literally inspecting the ship, helping improve the design and giving me pointers on how to assemble it. So yes, that is his fig really inspecting the ship!

A nice sturdy Oleander ship. That rope really gives her some extra points! Safe voyages! Always pays out to have a friend for inspections!

Nice ship even if a bit bulky, but it gives a nostalgic feel.

Some words on the rigging. You will need a jib (or more) on such vessel, and your main sail is perhaps a bit too short.

I like your brickbuilt cannon and your colours.

Good work !

and good luck at sea !

Special thanks to Phred for actually coming over

You're welcome Col. Brik. :pir-classic:

This is a fine first vessel in BoBS. :thumbup:

It was great hanging out. Maybe we could spend some time on a future collaborative build. :pir-classic:

You're welcome Col. Brik. :pir-classic:

This is a fine first vessel in BoBS. :thumbup:

It was great hanging out. Maybe we could spend some time on a future collaborative build. :pir-classic:

Absolutely, I think a collaborative could be fun to do! Great having you over and thanks again for the help with the boat!

Another set of pictures I can't see due to my work laptop (which is basically the only computer I'm using nowadays) blocking all images from imgur...

I'll try to view it on my phone later.

Another set of pictures I can't see due to my work laptop (which is basically the only computer I'm using nowadays) blocking all images from imgur...

I'll try to view it on my phone later.

Hmmm... and here I can't see the pics on my phone... bummer. Usually not a problem.

Flickr always works and is still the main AFOL photo hosting site as far as I know, but I fully respect that some people for different reasons choose to not use Flickr.

Solid and good looking vessel! The slopes at the sides give it such a beautiful sleek look. I think you're ready for bigger boats!