These are absolutely gorgeous! I love the variety of color and all the little details. The glass dome on the Secret Society of Aviation is especially perfect. I would love for TLG to do a series of modulars in a similar style.

Amazing MOCs. One really doesn't know where to look first. The corner building with the dome & globe on top and the big windows is propably the biggest eyecatcher though.

Breathtaking!

I especially love the angled glass dome on the corner house using windscreens.

Keep it up!

My favorite is the corner building, I love the glass dome and tall art deco windows! would you care to share how you did the windows? or dare i ask, share the instructions!? :O

VERY nicely done absolutely love it

You should apply for a LEGO designer job!! The corner is good enough to be a real set!

Edited by ncx

This is fantastic! Especially the corner building. So many great details! I just don't know where to look :D The glass dome is fantastic, and that globe has a nice 'world domination' vibe to it. Fantastic work! And great minifig selection too.

Big thanks everyone! Front page, MOC expert tag and everything! Does it get any better than this?

The dome seems to have got lot of attention. As I mentioned on my blog, the usage of windscreens are based on this house by Castor-Troy. I added black tail pieces to make it stronger-looking.

WHat the heck is hiding in the grey red modular? :o

It's a giveaway Dublo snail... Just Finnish LUG things.

I love all of these! Do they have interiors?

Sorry, not really... Expect the corner building, which has a tile stove in 45 degree angle and the portrait of The Fat Lady above it; the light from the dome nicely illuminates it, but it's difficult to show in photos. The building are very thin, as I had to make them fit into a moderately sized carboard box to take them to the exhibit to the other side of the country... by train.

These are probably my favorite MOCs ever.

Reminds me of H.P. Lovecraft stories.

Very well done, and super inspiring!

I love everything but my favorite parts especially are:

-The top balcony on the batlord house.

-The gated entrance on the two sisters house.

-EVERYTHING about the secret society of aviation is spectacular (although if they want to remain a secret, they shouldn't have such an impressive building!)

-Detailing on the golden frogs house,

-All of the street postered walls etc.

You've gotta expand this into a whole city! Horse drawn carriages... a botanical garden... university... definitely have to have an office for that sherlock holmesian detective as well, complete with a private eye sign.

I'd be interested to see a seedier darker district as well.

By the way, what's going on with the detectives and police down there? Spying on some sort of clandestine meeting in front of the secret society?

EDIT: Now that I'm looking at your others MOCS, you HAVE to make a park with a statue of Atlas holding a globe using your technic skills (http://robbeverly.co...-Atlas-digi.jpg)

Lovecraft stories definitely fit the same age than these modulars. Probably there's something lovecrafty suspicious behind the House of secret society... At least some cash is changing owner there.

Horse drawn carriages were another thing I think I'll do for this, though I might have to expand the streets to make them fit. Railway for old electric trams is another thing I'd love to add here, but I don't have any tracks (except old blue ones) and the curves tend to so wide it might look odd. Old botanical glass architecture is another thing that I like, but it might be bit challening to capture with LEGO, or at least it would take lot of trans-clear..

Atlas statue was one alternative to globe-on-dome, but I went with this instead. Atlas is likely to follow in the next corner building. I think I have to get some more planets.

Baker Street 211 was one among ideas for this, but I dropped it for a while; I might return to it in the future.

My favorite is the corner building, I love the glass dome and tall art deco windows! would you care to share how you did the windows? or dare i ask, share the instructions!? :O

I don't have any instructions, but it's not too difficult: The glasses are 1x6x5 panels. The bars (with telescope pieces, robot hands (bar-clips) and hoses on the top curve) are connected via 1x1 clip plates (horizontal) between the said panels. The black frame full SNOT and connected via TECHNIC bricks, just under the 1x5x5 half-arch (old type) and at the bottom. This arch goes inside the half-arch (they fit perfectly).

akkuna.jpg

The window was first thing I built for that house. It took a while to gather parts for three.

Here's also picture of the constructions of maid's dress if someone is interested:

nuhjuinen-sisakko.jpg

Amasing! These are some great builtings with a lot of detailes! Congratulations!

Awesome! All the buildings are beautifully detailed, but my favourite is the corner building. Love the glass dome and detailing on the tall arched windows!

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

Terrific! Great designs, and the variations in the buildings is great.

I think I like the house of the golden frogs best, but they all look brilliant.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

This really doesn't even look like anything else. You immediately know you're looking at something special. Splendid.

Very unique group of modulars that look absolutely stunning! Clever parts use throughout, and the colors are quite attractive too :thumbup:

Beautiful photography and presentation too. Congrats on the well deserved bloggings :classic:

Very nice neighborhood, would love to take a walk through it! There are quite many cool details in there (nice touch with hiding the monster in the first building!) and as someone else mentioned, nice use of parts and colors! :)

One of the difficulties in building modulars these days is how to make your models stand out amongst the many, many fine examples already in existence. You have certainly succeeded in doing this! I think it's partly because of your very clever use of parts (I particularly like the large arched windows and the dome) and also because of the way all the buildings have their own individuality yet form a pleasing, cohesive group. Well done.