SilentWolf

[COR - FB] Captured Ship, El Bellos, 5LA

For the referenced backstories read here.

The Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List may have calmly listed the capture of the war schooner, El Bellos, without emotion. However, the capture of such a fast pirate ship was heralded as a great distinction of the sea superiority of the Corrington Navy. Captain Henry Isaacson of the HMS Mars was invited around to many of the houses of influence in Corrington due to his capture of El Bellos. It was through these dinner invitations that Micah was able to speak with him. Micah was in Belson dealing with the settlement of his late father's estate. He ended up being seated across from the brave Captain. It was here that his nickname, Silent Wolf, became apparent as to its meaning. Normally a quiet man, Micah knew well when to interject himself into a conversation for the good of all present. Like a wolf's howl, his speech always was opportune. In this case, he interrupted the conversation when hearing Captain Isaacson mention that though the ship was captured it would need some repair before it could be sailed for Corrington. Though the crown wanted to do so, it already had several ships in shipyards being repaired and built. Micah interjected that a businessman such as himself might easily be able to get the ship repaired and outfitted before the end of the month. Since the Captain had the audience of those higher in command it was not long before Micah and his company received an offer of one Captain's commission and the honor of first capture if they might outfit this new ship before the end of the month. Micah immediately saw that the funds were delivered to the shipyard that was building his own schooner. He prompted them to haste by a promise of a bonus if both ships were done by the end of the month.

Both ships set sail for Arlinsport, and on the 27th of April, 616, they both left the harbor to do a 20 mile maneuver to ensure that the ships, equipment, and crews were ready. George Knight was granted command of the ship and the captaincy bestowed by the crown. He stood upon the deck inspecting soldier and sailor alike. As a former mercenary, he was well versed in the art of war, and he was certain that this ship would sail swiftly and fight bravely for Her Majesty's honor. Fitted with sixteen 9 pounders, the ship was well armed. Two guns were fitted on the stern, while there were 7 on each side stretching the entire length of the ship. The troops were also well trained as was Captain Knight's custom.

26445512620_68609de3b9_z.jpgSAM_7391

26651946711_d83ee2905c_z.jpgSAM_7398

26445509980_a3ccb9532e_c.jpgSAM_7397

26651944371_02422286be_z.jpgSAM_7405

26445511880_4edcab63be_c.jpgSAM_7394

This second ship of yours this month, is as elegant as your first! Apart from the hull that i have already commented on the other ship, i must say that these brown masts are my favorites and i am slowly gathering technic pieces to make them myself! One totally personal remark would be for the gunports to be able to open on the other direction (from above?)

This second ship of yours this month, is as elegant as your first! Apart from the hull that i have already commented on the other ship, i must say that these brown masts are my favorites and i am slowly gathering technic pieces to make them myself! One totally personal remark would be for the gunports to be able to open on the other direction (from above?)

I agree that the brown technic masts are awesome. Though it sure takes a lot more of them then one would expect. This is the entirety of my spare supply. I agree the gunports should open from above but when using these flag style they tended to not cover the whole port. In the future though I am going to work on opening from above.

Neat ship, I like her rigging

Thank you. I am working my way up to doing my own rigging and cloth sails. I did do some custom work here with a needle and thick thread and it turned out pretty well.

I think I prefer this one of your two most recent vessels, although they are both very good! However, this one's hull is just more elegant, as is fitting for a light warship. The simple but effective tumblehome is very nice, and I like her stern. The bow could do with a bit more curvature, but generally, I really like it. The inclusion of stern davits is cool, as is the crew and the brickbuilt guns.

As to rigging, my comments are the same as to the Filly(including the topsail on the mizzen), and I think in her current setup, this is also a hermaphrodite brig. However, with the size of the sails and placement of the mast, I would change the spanker sail on the foremast to a staysail, which I believe would make her a brigantine. Those are in the American, terminology, according to wikipedia, and the names would be slightly different in British terminology, but anyways... :P

Overall, two very well executed vessels - Corrington can be proud to have them sailing under its flag!

And I better correct myself here too. :)

She is a topsail schooner if she carries gaff sails on both masts, and a hermaphrodite brig it is turned into a staysail.

Great ship Wolfie, less 'piratey' and more 'historical' than many on here which I like. Great use of Corrington colour scheme. Superb work on the sails; I think many other builds on BoBS have too little canvas. The stern davits and jolly boat are a great feature, though they'll need to be careful with those stern guns! I also like the way you have set it out as an inspection by the new captain. I hope he finds everything 'all ship shape and Bristol fashion'; I did!

Nice vessel. The shape is pretty good and those colors are lovely. The gunport covers might be easier to close if they opened the other way, but I did read your reasoning; I know some designs are tricky. The rigging looks pretty good - the technic bits are wonderful, I agree - but my somewhat limited knowledge of different sail plans had me scratching my head until reading through the replies. Overall she's a fine vessel. :classic: