Nick6314

What Hilt of LEGO Lightsaber you prefer?

What Lego Lightsaber hilt do you prefer?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What Color Hilt do you prefer?

• Chrome Silver
    • LightBley (Flat Grey)
    • Metallic Silver
    • Black
    • White
    • Pearl Gold
    • Pearl Dark Grey (Gunmetal)
  2. 2. What Type of Hilt do you prefer?

• Traditional
    • Curved, Chrome, Dooku Variant
    • Curved, Flat Grey, Ventress Variant
    • Round, Gunmetal, Inquisitor Variant
  3. 3. What do you think of blade Bubbles?

• Bubbles are imperfections, they are weak.
    • I love bubbles!

I have my opinion of this, but what your favorite of the Lightsabers Hilt?

3129850251_2577422a42.jpg

Ok, I'm reffering to this

1.- Original Chrome Silver (http://brickset.com/parts/4124050):

34480.jpg3199LGjd9kL.jpg

2.- Light Grey color (http://brickset.com/parts/4539481):

34481.jpgUnknown-Building-Sets-Lightsaber-Hilt-Light-Gray-LEGO-Star-Wars-Weapon.jpg

3.- Metallic Silver (http://brickset.com/parts/4548731):

34479.jpg19708-extra.jpg

(And other question, you prefer Lightsabers with bubbles or Whitout Bubbles?)

Sorry for the Firestar Toys Images, but it's the best to compare I found.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Added Poll

d-chromedlightsabre.jpg

My favorite as well! As a kid it was just so different and cool. I just wish the prequels had brought us more diversity in lightsaber hilt shapes.

Chrome all the way. It's funny that even in 2013 they made Dooku's hilt chrome but not anyone else since. I think the last I saw with a chrome hilt would have been a couple years before.

Definitely old chrome. The more chrome the better for me; chrome protocol droids, chrome Vader, chrome N1 Naboo Starfighter, etc.

Chrome by a longshot. I always awarded the chrome hilt to only my best jedi and siths, as those hilts were totally awesome. I think I had two Dooku hilts (7752), and one normal hilt for Luke in 6210. So yeah. Chrome for the win.

Chrome is nice, but I find it gets scratched and damaged easily, for that reason I mainly use the standard grey ones.

Old chrome was beautiful but scratched easily. Fortunately for me my Anakin/Luke lightsaber retains its chrome color!

New chrome would be my second favorite, not as shiny as the old chrome but it's more durable.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I would say old chrome, followed by black (I am a follower of the Dark Side). I have plenty of the others, over 20 of each,but use them for other things, like thruster arrays. I prefer lightsabers without bubbles.

I prefer metallic silver myself. It's not as in your face as old chrome and lasts longer. I only have one original chrome saber hilt and it's starting to rub off : ( I think the light grey hilts are fantastic for greebles though, and I pick up as many of those as I can!

I prefer the metallic silver hilts. The chrome looks better and could be more accurate I guess, but it just peels off too fast, with me.

The newer black and pearl dark gray are also very cool. They add a nice variety and fit Dark Side users well :devil:

When it comes to bubbles in lightsabers: without is definitely better, but I have rarely come across any of those, sadly :sceptic:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

I definitely prefer the chrome ones. But as others have said, it really is a shame how it wears off after time, I'm almost afraid to use them!

Definitely chrome.

Why did TLG switch to the metallic gray color? I find that it wears off even faster than the chrome.

For a nice uniform look I go for metallic silver. It has a nice metallic-look without being too flashy and bling. Black for dark Jedi works pretty well too as alternative :wink:

The metallic silver ones are the best I think. The old chrome stands out a little too much, compared to the other overall very consistent level of detail in Lego sets. It wasn't durable at all, that's what I hate about them, though I think they were fine in general. The grey ones are incredibly dull to me for some reason, that's why I don't understand why some of them have it on number one. The new metallic silver ones are a great compromise. I do agree that the grey ones are great for detailing and greebles.

What does with or without bubbles mean?

This is without bubbles:

161903211677_1.jpg

and this it's with bubbles:

http://ecx.images-am...ZL._SL1500_.jpg

Edit by Hinckley: As your picture exceeded the site's picture size limit, I have converted it to a link. If you can resize it, please feel free to reā€“post. Thank you.

and that's it.