Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

The Katoren Struggle: Ch. 1: Secretive Plans

Another Kaliphlin free build, and also the start of a story line I'm working on about Katoren. I'd like to claim UoP credits for:

Advanced windows and window frames

History

"I'm glad you were all able to come to this meeting," Aymeri greeted the three men before him. "As we all know, the Desert King has controlled Katoren for too long, and it is time we did something about it."

Meeting2.jpg

Arioch, the oldest of the group, gave a quick nod in reply. While Tierri replied, "He won't rule Katoren much longer!" Tierri had been a strong supporter of the High Council during the Kaliphlin civil war, and was known to be quite a capable warrior, though often a bit brash.

Aaqil looked solemnly from under his turban at each of the others in the room. He knew well how much it meant to all of them to reclaim Katoren, but also understood that it would be a difficult task.

"But what is our plan to overcome the Desert King's rule," queried Arioch. "It will take time, and careful planning to break his reign in Katoren."

"An open war is out of the question, we have neither the manpower or weaponry," responded Aymeri, "but a small force of highly trained men could make things very difficult for our enemies. And with our contacts inside the city, such a force could be especially effective."

Arioch nodded slowly, thinking over Aymeri's words.

"You can count me in, I'd love to see some action against those moronic mummies again," interjected Tierri.

"Which brings me to the reason I asked for the three of you to meet with me. My soldiers remain loyal to me, but would need further training in the illusive combat methods we must use."

"Indeed they will, but where could we train?" asked Tierri. "There are too many supporters of that false king to risk training in the city."

Aaqil spoke up, "I may have a solution. There's a ruined fortress west of the city that I've often traveled by with my merchant caravan. Though its walls are crumbling and overgrown, you could easily conceal a good number of men inside."

Meeting3.jpg

"One moment," Aymeri said and moved to grab a scroll off a nearby shelf. Spreading it on the table, the others saw it was a map of Katoren and some of the surrounding countryside. "There, pointed Aymeri, "Aaqqil is right, this old castle would make an ideal spot for our training grounds!"

“But how will we get the men,and a supply of food and weapons there un-noticed?” asked Tierri. “You can’t just be constantly going in and out through the city gates, or the Desert King forces will become suspicious.”

“If we alternate who delivers supplies, and try to mix in with regular caravans, we should be able to manage well enough,” Aymeri replied. “I can sneak my men out over the next fortnight and begin training. And remember, secrecy is of the utmost importance. If we’re found out, Katoren is lost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An overview of the build:

Low-3.jpg

window.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt: Link

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome! :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Cool to see a longer story from you, and I'm interested to see what happens next in Katoren :thumbup: The build itself looks fabulous with the ornate architecture and intricate stained glass windows :wub:

Gods, these windows are just gorgeous :wub: amazing!

Thanks Titus! It was a little troublesome putting them together, and they got knocked out a few times, but I think it was worth it in the end :classic:

Cool to see a longer story from you, and I'm interested to see what happens next in Katoren :thumbup: The build itself looks fabulous with the ornate architecture and intricate stained glass windows :wub:

Thanks Isaac! I'm looking forward to doing more with this storyline :classic:

Aha, so more conspiracy against the Desert King going on here! I'm always for conspiracy against the Desert King! :tongue::laugh: Really excellent build and very well-written story though - those windows in particular are superb! :thumbup: Incredibly awesome scroll(s) as well, great use of those parts, I might need to get some of those now! :laugh:

UoP DoH +1 on both claims.

Thanks gedren!

Aha, so more conspiracy against the Desert King going on here! I'm always for conspiracy against the Desert King! :tongue::laugh: Really excellent build and very well-written story though - those windows in particular are superb! :thumbup: Incredibly awesome scroll(s) as well, great use of those parts, I might need to get some of those now! :laugh:

:laugh: Yup, I've actually wanted to start this story-line for a while now, but just now got around to it. Glad you like the scrolls too, we just got some of those parts ourselves, so I was glad to find a use for them! :classic:

Excellent work John! Loving all the little details!

Thanks JS! Glad you like it! :classic:

Great job, the windows and the roof are a particular standout. UoP DoH +1 on both claims.

Thanks BrickCurve! Glad you liked the roof :classic:

Fantastic vig LittleJohn, both types of windows look really nice and I also like your use of grill bricks! :thumbup:

+1 for the UoP credits.

I like your "advanced windows".

Thanks Captain! :classic:

Fantastic vig LittleJohn, both types of windows look really nice and I also like your use of grill bricks! :thumbup:

+1 for the UoP credits.

Thanks Kai! Glad you like it :sweet:

Great interior, especially the windows!

UoP +1 for the window credit, but doesn't History need a bit more?

History

A special discipline, wherein you must build three MOCs depicting significant events in Kaliphlin's history (you make up the events, or use whatever existing history there is). You must also supply a story of suitable length and quality describing the historical event pictured. At least two of the history builds must consist of at least three different pictures, either different scenes altogether, or the same scene at different moments in time, with changes to the scene such as figure movement.

If this is still the requirement then in any case this build would fit very well as one of the builds needed for the credit! (The title hints that there are more MOCs coming within the same story...?)

Great interior, especially the windows!

UoP +1 for the window credit, but doesn't History need a bit more?

If this is still the requirement then in any case this build would fit very well as one of the builds needed for the credit! (The title hints that there are more MOCs coming within the same story...?)

Thanks Gideon! There will indeed be quite a few more builds for this story, so I thought it would fit for that requirement. If I should wait until after I have done at least 3 builds, I can do that too though :classic:

UoP History +0.333 then :wink:

(And +1 for windows of course)

Excellent build !

Those windows are great !

And I am still happy to see conspiracy against the Desert King. :) :p

Excellent build !

Those windows are great !

And I am still happy to see conspiracy against the Desert King. :) :p

Thank you Faladrin! :classic:

Excellent story! Down with the desert king! :wink: Windows look great, especially the mosaic on the top windows.

Excellent story! Down with the desert king! :wink: Windows look great, especially the mosaic on the top windows.

Thanks Full Plate! Glad you like it :classic:

Those windows are..yea..the entire build is very well put together.

Thanks, it was a lot of fun to do a small build again :classic: