Kolonialbeamter

[OL-CF-A] Ceremony at the General Breshaun Monument

Hi guys,

This is an entry for Oleon's Coronation Festivities challenge.

Ceremony at the General Breshaun Monument

26608403202_7bede1a135_c.jpg

King Philip I and his wife Queen Beatrice are busy people these days. News of the royal couple's planned trip to Breshaun has caused great excitement among the local populace, and upon their arrival, the entire town is now eager to present itself in the best light possible.

Breshaun is experiencing a boom these days, its growth is literally visible, and a lot of prestigious buildings and structures have been finished just in time for the royal visit.

Among these is the new monument to honor General Breshaun - the city's first governor - errected in the middle of the main market square.

Now, for its inauguration a ceremony is being held - of course attended by King and Queen. And it seems that despite the early morning hours, a lot of citizens are afoot and want to welcome the royal couple, and proudly show them what the people of Breshaun are capable of creating here in their thriving city.

26095627014_36de1557b0_c.jpg

26095621164_2f45cdfcc4_c.jpg

26428865870_9d723b8594_c.jpg

about:

This started out as a small, simple statue, but I got carried away, and this happened. The cross shaped base and the cobblestone pattern around the monument are meant to be an homage to general Breshaun's insignia, represented on the city flag - which is based on this part here. What else? Well, minifig creation and placement is really not something I enjoy in LDD. Apart from that, building this went astonishingly smooth, and I'm quite happy with the result.

I hope you enjoy it, too :classic:

C&C welcome!

Vive le Roi!

wub_drool.gif Beautiful build once again KB, excellent statue and really brilliant carriage as well! You've really nailed the minifig placement again too, and I don't want to know how much work that is! default_laugh2.gif Great job with the unusual border shape, those larger cobblestones look superb, and the addition of the trees and flowers really finishes the build off, nicely complementing the colors from the crowd, uniforms, and carriage!

My only very minor nitpick is that the squares holding the trees and flowers are a little to close to the border, and I think it would improve the build if there was at least enough space to walk around them without too much trouble - but you have really done an awesome job all around!

Beautiful build, KB! You did an excellent job getting the border shape to match nicely, and I really like the cobblestone as well thumbup.gif

The size of this is amazing, and the shape is just epic! Love the trees and flowers! The carriage looks really nice as well, would be great to have more of a close-up focused on it!

Gorgeous! Loving these cobblestones and the status is just awesome! :wub:

This...is...just...pirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_oh.gif

Seriously sir, have you considered publishing a book? (Digital or otherwise ^^)

Yes Please! With instructions! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Well first off this is impressive! I like the design and the scene and the minifigure placement definitely turned out well.

I am still trying to perfect my LDD skills. I haven't figured out how to get the designed torsos yet, but I am working on it. (Ex. soldiers torsos.)

You did a great job on this build.

Wow wow wow - I assume you are doing nightshifts now to handle all of your LDD designs on time.

And all the extra hours for cleaning the pavement, etc. (You know, the horses...)

But it has paid off - looks great!

What an amazing concept, and so well executed. The monument itself, however, definitely is the highlight for me, just looking so damn great!

The monument itself is a great MOC, but I like it a lot that you made a whole diorama to put it in context as well :classic:

A nitpick from my side however would be that the ground pattern is too repetitive, even for a very well-organized pavement maybe there would have been a bit of color variations?

Your park dioramas are tremendous! I love the architectural style you're giving to Oleon.

Another truly impressive build KB! The main stand out feature for me is the cross shaped base - I've never seen one like that before and it looks great!

Breshaun must be a very stately place with those parks and squares!

Very good looking monument, and a nice scene to surround it. The base shape is innovative, although it does leave one wondering, what might be in the parts left out! :)

Beautiful arrangement. :pir-wub: It's a very stately park with that fabulous monument and the geometric base. I assume the cobblestone would look different beyond the bounds of this creation to preserve the geometric design, and that the empty corners would contain grasses or hedges or flowers or something. The assembled crowd looks really nice as well. Overall it's a lovely and peaceful setting. Good work. :classic: