Dranac

[MOC] UCS Nebulon-b frigate (by Dranac, feat. onecase))

28697364978_dc8a580c1b_z.jpgNebulon-B Medical Frigate by Dranac feat. Onecase (photo by Onecase)

Hello every one. A few years ago, I revealed my UCS Nebulon-B frigate.

It is now time to update this post, with new photos... new version and new instructions.

It is now the the sixth version (v6) and I think it will be the very last.

Because, Onecase (one of the best star wars mocer), added some welcome details, I decided to add some of these improvements to my Nebulon-B (with his kind authorization), I also rebuilt some parts of the frigate, for better resistance, optimization and better rendering.

Because I'm not a very good photographer, I asked him if I could add to my photos some of his. He accepted and I thank him.

I also decided to fully remake the instructions (PDF). It is a very nice and clear version, accessible to everyone.

The instructions + part list are still on sale.

Here is the part list (Red and lime colors can be replaced by anyelse)

This new version is made of 4585 parts (the v5 was made of 4200 pieces), but keep the same proportions : 85 cm long

This moc is still as strong as before (you can move it with one hand without any risk), as stable as before and still 100 % modular (you can disassemble it easily to show it in any convention ! ^_^)

Enjoy !

41669632845_ed92e8df71_z.jpgNebulon-B Medical Frigate by Dranac feat. Onecase (photo by Onecase)

41669632205_0becb7afcb_z.jpgNebulon-B Medical Frigate by Dranac feat. Onecase (photo by Onecase)

DSC-6265.jpg

49782193781_1c61f14026.jpg

49782519392_9e5eb1e0d3_z.jpg

49782519437_03675da70c_z.jpg

49782519292_29cff95d0f_z.jpg

49782220916_563cf22513_n.jpg

49781704028_f57b5b0c02_z.jpg

49782242611_305579aba9_z.jpg

Edited by Dranac

Wow! This is a really under-appreciated ship and you've captured the essence of it beautifully. I particularly love the greebling and "pods" on the front tail. Very nice :wink:

Great to see another well made Neb!

If lego made a UCS set it would probably be closer to yours, it has great detail and look really sturdy!

I also like the modular build style - and you stand looks way more stable than mine :)

Can we please see a shot from behind? :)

PS. My brickcount has exploded way past 5000 and I am still tweaking ;)

Great to see another well made Neb!

If lego made a UCS set it would probably be closer to yours, it has great detail and look really sturdy!

I also like the modular build style - and you stand looks way more stable than mine :)

Can we please see a shot from behind? :)

PS. My brickcount has exploded way past 5000 and I am still tweaking ;)

I love it, it's an ideal scale and piece count. I especially like the "bridge" spanning the two main sections. I'll echo Mortesv, could we get some shots from behind the engine section?

If I were to change anything, it would be to try to make a clear stand rather than the black. That would give it the true real-world model look that I think it really is.

Thank you !

Why have I forgot the behind... ? I don't know.

Here we go !

229898image057.jpg

If I were to change anything, it would be to try to make a clear stand rather than the black. That would give it the true real-world model look that I think it really is.

which color do you think about ?

I was thinking the clear translucent pieces for the stand like Mortesv used, to give that "flying" appearance. That wouldn't be as sturdy though, so I certainly understand the way you did it :)

Edited by Schneeds

Great MOC !

I like how you found a good balance between many parameters : size, details, part count, stability, sturdiness, etc.

Bravo ! :)

Gorgeous! I'd love to get the Instructions for this. How do I go about this?

just send me a private message. ;) but for that u must have at least 10 posts here

Edited by Dranac

This strikes me as a pretty realistic possibility for a UCS set, considering how sturdy it looks on those stands. LEGO would probably still have to cut back on the details a little bit, though.

Is there any chance of modifying it to fit even a few minifigures in the front section? I do love my minifigures.

just send me a private message. ;) but for that u must have at least 10 posts here

I've been lurking for quite a long time now... I guess I'd better get posting.

... I guess I'd better get posting.

10th post! Now i can message for the instructions after resisiting the UCS Sandcrawler for sale during the May the 4th sales at shop.lego.com and instead buy some grey pieces ;-)

The back looks great!

I see you have used orange/red for the engine glow. I used light blue. The correct would probably be white/yellow, but that wouldn't look that good anyway :)

This strikes me as a pretty realistic possibility for a UCS set, considering how sturdy it looks on those stands. LEGO would probably still have to cut back on the details a little bit, though.

Is there any chance of modifying it to fit even a few minifigures in the front section? I do love my minifigures.

I don't think that LEGO will give us a Nebulon-b frigate, and less chances to have it in UCS version. :/ The best way to hope having one is to petition for with LEGO ideas projects. The best candidate is imho the Ldiego frigate.

The next days I'll post mine in Lego ideas too.

If Lego see people want a Nebulon, perhaps they'll give us one...

Due to the difficulty to give ridigity to the MOC, it willl be hard to put some decorations in the front of my MOC. There is room to put minifigs in the nose and in the back (because it is

empty), but not enough space to give something "UCS decent"

The back looks great!

I see you have used orange/red for the engine glow. I used light blue. The correct would probably be white/yellow, but that wouldn't look that good anyway :)

You're right : a yellow / white engine would be the true color. But I think it would insipid. I choose warm color to change. But blue is very great color too. I think everyone can easily change according to their preference.

Amazing work Dranac, 4k pieces is a great size too, i may have to do this!

Thank you ! :)

Really awesome, now I just have to reach 10 posts so I can get the instructions.

Agree, and I also on posts

Michael

While I debating on which Nebulon-B to build, this one or the one by Mortesv? I think I am going to go with this one for 2 reason.

1. Price of the instructions.

2. Total price of the model. With this one being about 1000 pieces less. That should run me about $100 less on Bricklink.

My problem is Dranac hasn't logged on in over a month. Does anyone have an email address for him? PM me the address, don't post, please. Or send him an email for me and ask him to check his messgaes here. I'm sure I'm not the only one to PM in a month.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jamie

PM sent.

Here there, I'm still there.

I was on holiday last week, and I log in when I receive some pm. :) Rest of time I read the forum without logging :)

Hi Dranac...new person here and would love to build this!  Can you send me information about the instructions to daftrash@gmail.com

I do not have enough posts to PM...but will soon..just getting ahead of the game if you see this

This is a GORGEOUS build!

On 2016년 4월 28일 목요일 at 9:47 PM, Dranac said:

Hello every one. if you were waiting for a long time to have some Nebulon Frigs, the last days and months served you !

Few day ago mortesv presented you his (beautiful) new version of the Redemption and last january I presented you mine (http://www.eurobrick...ac#entry2443496).

But during this time I continued working on it with a double objective :

- having a better bearing

- having a better respect of the general proportions

BUT I didn't want any compromises with the stability, modularity and resilience of the MOC, and I wanted to keep the size of it. I wanted a Lego accessible to everyone, and that could be exposed with no fear of destruction : you can move it easily and hustle it without major destruction.

So I worked hard, and braved the wrath of my wife to obtain a new version. I entirely recreate the frame and I worked for a very well balanced frame and tough model

The old one was a 3662 pieces / 75 cm long.

The new one is around 4200 pieces / 85 cm long and... just better.

I also worked to obtain a usable LDD instruction. I create a homemade pdf instructions too. So the wanted list + LDD + homemade pdf instructions are available for who want them (10 €).

Because everyone will want compare with last beautiful version of mortesv, I only have to remember you that you won't compare the same conception of MOC : one is over 5000 pieces and the other is 20% less pieces. One is around 120cm and the other is 85 cm.

It is obvious that the bigger one will be more detailed.

Other point to remember : one is 100 % focused towards respect of proportions and details. The other is focused towards a compromise of details and strenght.

Enjoy :)

897158image032.jpg

The concept of this MOC is to combine detail and not to big realisation. I tried to fine the best compromise between realistic frame with 2 small + discreet bearings and no extra supports (front and / or middle), and respect of original movie ship.

366135image044.jpg

The 2 mounts give a very stable MOC, which can be moved with no problems.

957891image060.jpg

The major problem with the conception of a such Lego is not to obtain a very detailed MOC, but find a feasible strong frame wich give a Lego able to sustain itself.

I think that the picture give a good idea of what this moc is able to.

288082image062.jpg

No need to retouch the photo : no support and strong frame :p

The Front :

205242image040.jpg

155592image050.jpg

789670image068.jpg

More details of the front. The LDD instruction I give are not made with sand green but tan colors because sand green is more expansive. But the tan can be replaced by this so beautiful green...

352014image067.jpg

712173image052.jpg

490274image046.jpg

940121image045.jpg

194837image041.jpg

The Back :

905543image037.jpg

609680image038.jpg

876667image055.jpg

The other back side. I tried to maximize the details degree. I used trans blue pieces for windows to help the comprehension of the size and give some life to the MOC.

364805image065.jpg

The center arch and Falcon :

519015image039.jpg

700635image043.jpg

The center tube is cylindrical.

The modularity :

201131image048.jpg

The moc is 100 % modular. You can disassemble it easily to show it in any convention ! ;)

The instructions :

184996721.png

212793532.png

929071884.png

647761645.png

The LDD instructions are usable.

288441473.png

848724296.png

My homemade instructions will help you if you have doubt with LDD files.

Please free to comment ! :)

Dear Dranac, I would like to go ahead and purchase this instruction. Could you kindly send me an email when you see this? jin@lmnt.co.kr

Dear Dranac, I would like to go ahead and purchase this instruction. Could you kindly send me an email when you see this?

jin@lmnt.co.kr