Dranac

[MOC] UCS Nebulon-b frigate (by Dranac, feat. onecase))

On 7/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, Dranac said:

Not yet !

Do you have the parts list somewhere where one could check the parts/availability before buying the instructions?

This is amazing moc, really well done.

I'm wainting for a validation of the moc on rebrickable (don't seems to come ?). And I don't know where to upload permanently the part list.

Meanwhile, I can email you the part list.

Can anyone who has built it advise on possible color substitutions?  Looking at the parts list, there are quite a few red pieces which don't appear to be visible in the pictures.  Aside from a few red tiles and a couple dark red slopes, I don't see any red; however, a lot of those pieces would be easier to procure in either dark bluish gray or light bluish gray. 

Just now, Schneeds said:

Can anyone who has built it advise on possible color substitutions?  Looking at the parts list, there are quite a few red pieces which don't appear to be visible in the pictures.  Aside from a few red tiles and a couple dark red slopes, I don't see any red; however, a lot of those pieces would be easier to procure in either dark bluish gray or light bluish gray. 

Oftentimes, MOC designers put all the buried/hidden/invisible parts in red, which can then be swapped to any color. There is probably a note about this in the description.

The Wedge 6 x 2 Left and Right pieces in sand green are very expensive. Has anyone replaced these with another color? 

18 minutes ago, Rauhwelt said:

The Wedge 6 x 2 Left and Right pieces in sand green are very expensive. Has anyone replaced these with another color? 

I couldn't afford those as well as its basically only in the old slave I build. I ending up using Sand Blue for those instead and replaced the other sand green with the blue as well.

2 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I couldn't afford those as well as its basically only in the old slave I build. I ending up using Sand Blue for those instead and replaced the other sand green with the blue as well.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. Did it turn out good?

1 minute ago, Rauhwelt said:

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. Did it turn out good?

I have no issues with it whatsoever. I love the entire build, and the blue looks great especially considering the price for the green. I thinks it a good compromise.

Can anyone who build this model check how long is it between 2 stands? Drenac said its 85cm long, but I assumed it's from 1 tip to the other one. Also what's the model width? I plan to put this model on a floating shelf with the following dimensions: 85 cm x22 cm and I'm not sure if it would fit.

I finally freed up the time for this project. I also substituted sand blue for the green parts like Frizzle did as the wedge prices are insane. Made a fair number of other substitutions to newer versions of parts which I don't believe will be visible or change the appearance and brought the price down a bout $300 all in all. Hopefully it goes well.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:26 PM, Schneeds said:

I finally freed up the time for this project. I also substituted sand blue for the green parts like Frizzle did as the wedge prices are insane. Made a fair number of other substitutions to newer versions of parts which I don't believe will be visible or change the appearance and brought the price down a bout $300 all in all. Hopefully it goes well.

Im sure it will, I have been enjoying mine for quite some time!