Sign in to follow this  
marcu22

Kaliphlin Outpost

Hi to all of you,

I've been away from GoH for a while now, I still had an eye on the Guilds but just wanted to build various other stuff.

I'm back with a small (not quick) free-build, with a more than lame titel since there may be dozens of Kaliphlin Outpost's :laugh: ...

I've tried to incorporate a few new (for me) interesting techniques:

26076988283_518364eabd_c.jpgKaliphlin Outpost

I've recognized a thread listing up all the free-builds, should I do a post there?

Regards

Edited by marcu22

Great build! The irregullar, snotted building works great, the palms add to the Kaliphlin atmosphere, while the building is one big marvellous detail! Great job :thumbup:

Excellent, compact build! I love the hand-grass and the chimney. Beautiful!

Great build! The outpost is excellent and the stone path looks great! I will have to borrow that technique.

Excellent outpost, Marcu, and even if there may be dozens of them this one does stand out! :laugh::wink: As others mentioned, the brown grass is really superb, and the well and palm trees are great as well! :thumbup: Good job on the house/outpost too, I particularly like the door and awning!

And yes, just post a link in the Free Build Registration thread with your member name and guild! :classic:

Splendid build, marcu! :wub: The well design is very clever and I really like the chimney as well :thumbup:

The awning, path and windows are all excellent too. Glad to see another Kaliphlin build for you! :classic:

Beautiful composition, and plenty of hidden details that make my like the build more the more I look at it :wub: The well, awning, lock on the door, offset windows, chimney, palm trees, and path texture are all wonderful :thumbup:

Lovely offsets and color use on the front wall of the house too :classic:

Really nice outpost Marcu! I like how clean the base is; it sets off the textured building to a great advantage. The well is also fantastic; love how small it is and yet how you've managed to get a round feel inside and out! :thumbup: The dome roof is also excellent!

Very nice build! Looks very much like Kaliphlin :classic: The dried out grass/wood and the dark tan dunes look very nice! I also think your photography is very well done. Great work :classic:

Those cobblestones are fantastic. The small well is lovely as well. As is the rest of the build. Just a great job!

Beautiful creation! Loved so much your little details!

The snake-smoke.. the little hands on the sand.. the door lock.. even your little well.!!

Good job! :laugh:

Very nice build overall, and some clever techniques! As previously mentioned by others I too love the cobblestone technique, and those brown hands were clever as well (are those in the backs of headlight bricks? In that case, doesn't that lift the whole build up a tiny amount as the headlight stud protrudes?)

Another favorite is how you've managed to make a more realistically looking padlock with that clip.

Missed this one before! There are some great techniques going on here! Especially with the scattered plants and the roof.