Sign in to follow this  
Mengish

You Know, We Can't Go Back

Hi there, this is my first MOC into the Guilds of Historica. Hope you enjoy!

There didn’t use to be much to stir the naive minds of the villagers in Avalonia in those good old days. But when a single piece of news appeared out of nowhere, it spread everywhere in the speed of light. So, it wasn’t surprising to witness a crowd of villagers and pigs standing before the town hall since everyone had been talking about the sacrificial pig demanded by the high priest a few days ago. To add some spice into this honour, it was announced that the owner of the pig would be paid a generous sum in return of his favour. The high priest, himself, was almost a myth as he had hardly ever paid a visit to the town. He resided in his hut in the forest and visited the town to preside over rituals which were not that frequent in this poor region of Avalonia.

Everbody thought that it would be a random selection by the guards and that it wouldn’t last long but it was almost two hours since they had arrived and there was no official selection yet. There was no one they could ask, either. Some of the villagers, impatient and suspicious, left the town hall. But there were a bunch of witty villagers and pigs waiting patiently. “I will be selling my pig for a good price and I will also be honoured by the high priest, and thus, by the gods. I will be enjoying the best of both worlds.” So thought most of them.

At last, two guards approached the crowd and pointed at one of the villagers. There he was: The lucky villager with his ignorant pig standing by him. He was possessed by the price and by the honour awaiting him.

The journey took a couple of hours into the forest since there was no proper road to take but pathways covered with lush vegetation. Accompanied by two guards, the villager almost ran all the way to the tomb of the late chieftain who had passed away some decades ago. The villager had heard of it a lot but never saw it himself. The tomb was rising on rocks and presented an impressive sight for the poor villager who had never been out of his town in his life. He was so impressed that he couldn’t notice the old, ruined cemetery he was walking by.

26673998585_65d00d1d28_z.jpg1 by Mengish, on Flickr

Determined and proud, the villager marched on.

26068165164_51d62206a3_z.jpg2 by Mengish, on Flickr

But he suddenly woke up from his dream when he heard a sinister whish. He looked aside to see what it was and saw it: a ghost. He was murmuring something meaningless to the villager. “You know, we can’t go back, can’t go back…” he whispered on and on…

26673997555_841ffc748c_z.jpg3 by Mengish, on Flickr

26068164164_a4351ec157_z.jpg4 by Mengish, on Flickr

Terrified to death by the sight of the ghost, he wanted to run but was reassured by the guards that it meant no harm to the living. So he walked on. But during this personal chaos he went through, his pig had run to taste the delicious weeds. Now, he could vent his anger on his pig. He hurried after the pig before he fled too far. And witnessed something that opened his eyes to the whole story in which he was the sacrifice, not the owner of the sacrifice.

26673996585_52446bb510_z.jpg5 by Mengish, on Flickr

26068163324_ff140d3ef3_z.jpg6 by Mengish, on Flickr

26608406881_4458c99df9_z.jpg7 by Mengish, on Flickr

26069984203_3e4d468566_z.jpg8 by Mengish, on Flickr

26068161494_a6e7256414_z.jpg9 by Mengish, on Flickr

26608405311_05a98b7cd1_z.jpg10 by Mengish, on Flickr

26068160354_a2f6755e79_z.jpg11 by Mengish, on Flickr

26608403901_3386650332_z.jpg12 by Mengish, on Flickr

26608403371_2af45bc3df_z.jpg13 by Mengish, on Flickr

26608402941_e2810c96f0_z.jpg14 by Mengish, on Flickr

26069980723_1d0c174e91_z.jpg15 by Mengish, on Flickr

Great MOC! Loving your rockwork and real Avalonian vegetation.

Maybe you should post a sigfig in the guild thread tiugh, or did I miss something?

The rockwork and vegetation is very nice! I love the story!

Excellent build that matches the story line well :thumbup: I hope the poor farmer was able to escape :look:

The climbing path and crumbling stones in the graveyard are especially cool :classic:

What a great intro! Nice and green - classic Avalonia :classic: Looks like the guy may be in some trouble :wink: Great job on the building and the landscaping. Welcome to GoH!

Great MOC! Loving your rockwork and real Avalonian vegetation.

Maybe you should post a sigfig in the guild thread tiugh, or did I miss something?

Thanks for your nice comments. I'll introduce myself in a separate topic to Avalonia.

The rockwork and vegetation is very nice! I love the story!

Thanks, Mate!!

Excellent build and story with great atmosphere!

Thanks a lot! I love MOCs with stories so there almost always a story accompanying my MOCs. And this whole GOH is about stories and story tellers, not? :wink:

Excellent build, I really like the path and rockwork :thumbup: Very nice ruins as well :classic:

Thank you!

Excellent build that matches the story line well :thumbup: I hope the poor farmer was able to escape :look:

The climbing path and crumbling stones in the graveyard are especially cool :classic:

In fact, he has survived!!! He is me :-) I mean, I will start my life in Avalonia as a poor peasant so this MOC will be my starting point.

What a great intro! Nice and green - classic Avalonia :classic: Looks like the guy may be in some trouble :wink: Great job on the building and the landscaping. Welcome to GoH!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Nice to meet you all!!!!

Welcome! Nice start in GoH!

I like the rockwork and foliage a lot, and good job with the photography too :classic:

Beautiful rockwork and vegetation!

Glad you like it! Thank you.

Welcome! Nice start in GoH!

I like the rockwork and foliage a lot, and good job with the photography too :classic:

Alot of great forced perspective shots as well as a solid story sir.

Thank you both for your nice comments on my photography!! As an enthusiastic photographer & MOC'er, they are very encouraging!