Raskolnikov

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer Tyrant

I would love to see a video of this. My son is going to want to build one as soon as I show it to him :)

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

No seriously now...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

This is such a candy for the eye... I enjoyed every picture of it!

I don't think any of the Rebel Transporters will be getting away if they're relying on the Assault on Hoth ion cannon to get past that!

Outstanding build. The size, the intricacy, the interior.... all sublime.

Amazing attention to detail, looks awesome from the outside. Then there's the interior - epic!! Best Star Wars MOC I've seen in quite some time.

It must have taken a long long time. Did you work from any plans/LDD or just go for it?

This is a freaking amazing build. The outside was just awesome to look at. The interiors just put it way over the top especially the hangars. WOW!

Edited by Bbafett

Man thanks so much for sharing this..... this really is one of the best MOCs out there..... IMO... of anything, any genre, etc. Really, truly, so much fun to look at and read about....

Splendid! I was happily surprised to find interior shots of the star destroyer... it's something I didn't expect to find in a big build like this, but it is extraordinary to look at. :wub:

I have never been interested in any Imperial Star Destroyer. They always looked to me like a big boring grey triangle.

But then I opened this thread and had to change my mind. Sir, you are a true artist.

Wow, that's crazy!

It just becomes more and more impressive as you scroll down the page. First to have such a large ship is one thing, but then to also have an interior is very impressive. Interiors are often unfortunately ignored, but this makes the build infinitely more interesting. And then to get to the hanger--amazing!

Thats amazing.

Look like a work of art that i be scared to breath near let alone touch it to open it.

Looking at the imgur comments looks like its allready memed, congratz

TsDGnr1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the great comments and the Eurobricks front page. I will be answering questions and posting more -- but I really have to get some work done today at my job or I'm going to get in trouble, heh. But I do plan to go back through and answer everyone when I have time, so feel free to ask away.

This is absolutely fantastic! As others have said, the interior makes it far better. I do love a good interior. The way in which you can open up the bridge to access the interior is really nice. I especially love the addition of Vader in the canteen. :grin:

There is one thing bugging me far more than it should, and that is that with your senior crew! Your captain has the rank insignia of a commander, and your commander has the rank insignia of a captain!

Does this not block the view of your TV at all? :tongue:

Wow, most impressive! And with interior! Great!

How did make those boots? Did you paint the minifigures?

I think they are the duel molded legs

Holy Great Googly Moogly!

Never did I imagine that a month or so ago when you posted the bridge that this masterpiece was going to be the end result! That is not a critique of the bridge, I love the design and how compact it is, but going from that to this blows my mind. The control room is perhaps my favorite aspect of the interior with all of the subtle techniques you used but all of it is so well done.

You've won the rights to all Star Destroyer MOCs forever! I have never seen any other MOC of the ship quite like this. Well done. :thumbup::wink::thumbup:

This is the best Star Destroyer MOC I've ever seen! It's huge and it's very nice that it has an interior (a very detailed and spacious interior too). I like the selection of figures that you made and it's awesome that you managed to make a pretty realistic hangar that fits ships :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wow, holy crap

Two minifigures so far have fallen into unreachable depths, and I won't be able to retrieve them until the next time I need to do major repairs to the underside of the ship

This gave me a good laugh. It sounds just...very Imperial.

This is amazing! The outside is very detailed and makes this star destroyer much more menacing then the Finalizer! The interior is just amazing! Now this star destroyer needs a opponent! :grin:

This is the best ISD moc I've ever seen. By a longshot. The hangar is just so freaking cool and the detail is over the top. Another great work of yours! Most impressive...

Mind-blowing stuff! The most shocking thing for me is the ludicrous scale of the bulk of parts that aren't hollowed out. This thing must weigh a ton! The interior's the sort of scale an entire Imperial-centric film could take place within it... :wink:

One important thing, though... is it swooshable (And would you dare?) ?

So how does it feel to be a part of the pantheon of Star Wars MOC gods? :grin: I think you're a shoe-in for the club.

I'll skip the general praise, since there's already enough of it here! When you first posted the bridge here on EB and that teaser pic on Flickr, I had absolutely no idea the end result would be this good. The backstory with the crew and the Dark Side adept is a very nice touch. I'm like that with new characters too, and when I modified my 75055 I too made up a new Dark Side character to command it. :blush: I'm most impressed by your attention to detail with all of the sub-models. On the whole, this is pure unadulterated excellence!

Two minifigures so far have fallen into unreachable depths, and I won't be able to retrieve them until the next time I need to do major repairs to the underside of the ship

+1 on laughing at this. :sweet: