Raskolnikov

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer Tyrant

Hah it is copied so well it has even the domes in incorrect size, much like in original Chimaera's bridge ;D

So Matt I have heard you on BTB talking about your work on the Home One. Any chance some WIPs could... leak? :D :D Also I was wondering if you're only into original trilogy stuff or what are the odds you ever build something from say prequels?

2 hours ago, Jerac said:

Hah it is copied so well it has even the domes in incorrect size, much like in original Chimaera's bridge ;D

äh u know that iam tryin to replicate and not build an own moc right? 

2nd iam not going by correct or not correct sizes, i just want it to look nice for myself;)

On 8/17/2018 at 11:54 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Heh, looks like you managed to nab the bridge off Jerac's Chimaera. I'd love to see the Tyrant's interior combined with the Chimaera's exterior...so long as I don't have to be involved in transporting it anywhere :)

yeah :D i just finished the exterior panels of your moc :D thinking about how to build it, so i can transport easy;)

The structure of keel is simulated on LDD. I can't do this anymore. Because of the lack of proper direction. Hopefully Raskolnikov will be able to help. thank you

Heh, nice work. That's definitely based on the work-in-progress pics of the keel, though. I'm an inefficient, physical builder, so I repeatedly build and rebuild things before I settle on the design. I know those 6L half-width technic liftarms diagonally placed on every other "rib" got removed soon after I took that pic.

Also, it's unfortunately not going to be possible to complete the ship's frame in LDD, as it's slightly illegal. I.e., the program won't let you connect the sides of V-shaped frame together. I don't think it stresses the parts or anything, though, and I believe it has some benefits when built in physical bricks.

As for any further helpful information, it's kind of hard to take pics of the Tyrant's frame now, as a lot is covered up. And I'm not sure duplication would be the best bet anyway. If I had to do it again, I'd probably follow the same general pattern shown here, but skipping every other rib and making the remaining ones stronger. The Aggressor's frame does exactly that. In the same vein, I'd also try a lot harder to reduce unneeded weight throughout.

On 2019/4/6 at PM10点39分, Raskolnikov said:

嘿,干得好。但这肯定是基于龙骨的正在进行中的照片。我是一个效率低下的物理构建者,所以在我决定设计之前,我会反复构建和重建一些东西。我知道那些6L半宽技术电梯对角放置在其他每一个“肋骨”上,我拍下那张照片后很快就被删除了。

此外,遗憾的是,不可能在LDD中完成船的框架,因为它有点违法。即,程序不会让您将V形框架的两侧连接在一起。不过,我认为它不会强调零件或任何东西,我相信它在用实体砖建造时会有一些好处。

至于任何进一步有用的信息,现在很难拍摄暴君框架的照片,因为很多内容都被掩盖了。而且我不确定重复是最好的选择。如果我不得不再次这样做,我可能会遵循这里所示的相同的一般模式,但跳过其他每一个肋骨并使剩下的肋骨变得更强壮。Aggressor的框架确实如此。同样,我也会更加努力地减少不必要的重量。

Can you tell me how the rear base holds the hull?  
How is the bottom deck fixed to the hull?

On 4/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, Crazy Minifigure said:

The structure of keel is simulated on LDD. I can't do this anymore. Because of the lack of proper direction. Hopefully Raskolnikov will be able to help. thank you

As Raskolnikov said, removing one beam helps. I have finished building this skeleton and I have made only one rib every 14 pin, and it helds the structure so far perfectly. Needed to say now that I have finished this part and began to work on the outer wall, I can see how massive the ship is :)

On 2019/4/9 at AM2点02分, Raskolnikov said:

这里有一些照片解释说尽我所能,虽然它可能仍然有点令人困惑:https//imgur.com/a/VjcclPp

相信我为@deanorth拍了这些照片,实际上。

Thank you very much for the photos you provided. A great help

24 minutes ago, deanorth said:

是的,你做了,再次感谢:)我虽然不在那里:)

I'm interested in what you did and it would be nice if you could take some pictures

Raskolnikov thanks you for the photos you provided before for my reference

Recently I have been mulling over whether to modify the keel tail structure (the red-circled part) for better placement of the rear bracket

I simulated the general placement of the rear stent on LDD

It's just a temporary solution and maybe I need to reposition all the technical structures behind the keel

I would like to ask if there is any better suggestion for this

Since you put so much effort in already, you motivated me to take a few more pics of the keel and engine sections. Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/kauPs7v

Looks like you're on the right track, the rear stand connects very far to the rear of the keel...even a bit beyond where you have it now.

I also included pics of the current version of the Tyrant's removable tail (I.e., the black technic thing). You'll see a lot of open technic pin holes on the keel where it can be attached, enabling you to stand the frame up vertically.

I also threw in an old pic I found of the detention center. The four large rooms on level one are partly modular, meaning you can remove the floors. This enables you to lighten the ship when moving it later, and also eases the building process for those interior spaces. Anyway, each of the four large rooms has two or more floor sections. Can't make a room's floor as a single module, as it would be too large to be removable. The large structural walls that correspond with the "ribs" stay in place and aren't part of the modules.

Hope this helps!

9 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

既然你已经付出了很多努力,那么你就会激励我去拍更多关于龙骨和发动机部分的照片。你去了:https//imgur.com/a/kauPs7v

看起来你在正确的轨道上,后支架连接到龙骨的后部很远......甚至超出你现在所拥有的位置。

我还包括了当前版本的暴君可拆卸尾巴(即黑色技术)的照片。您会在龙骨上看到许多可以连接的技术针孔,使您可以垂直竖立框架。

我还扔了一张我发现的拘留中心的旧照片。一级的四个大房间是部分模块化的,这意味着您可以拆除地板。这使您可以在以后移动船舶时使船舶变亮,并且还可以简化这些内部空间的建造过程。无论如何,四个大房间中的每一个都有两个或更多楼层。不能将房间的地板作为单个模块,因为它太大而不能拆卸。与“肋”对应的大型结构壁保持在适当的位置,并且不是模块的一部分。

希望这可以帮助!

Thank you very much. This photo provides a lot of key information I need.

B19

Raskolnikov thank you for the last photo of the key structure of the tail which was very useful to me thank you

After finishing the tail section, I began to think about how to construct the central corridor section

The difficulty in this part is the wall between the central corridor and the hangar. I have tried many times to connect the two sides with 54384/54383 wedge-plate and 73983, but I could not finish it. So I would like to ask for your advice

In addition, could you tell me how to build the joint between the front of the keel and the front bracket to make the whole more stable? Thanks again

Hi Guys

i'm bumping this thread a bit, because I have taken the long road to build a Tyrant like too.

Here is the baby in my hand:)

my-test-isd.jpg