Raskolnikov

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer Tyrant

Resurrected, eh?

18 hours ago, Legoman8214 said:

Would you possibly share an ldd file

I don't think it can be built in LDD due to some (fairly harmless, I think) illegal builds.  And building it digitally in another program or making instructions would be an enormous amount of work, so I don't see it ever happening.  But you know, if someone wanted to pay me a decent white collar salary, with health insurance, so I could quit my job and spend a few months doing it...I suppose I would. Only partly joking, there.

On 9/8/2016 at 10:53 AM, Dukeside said:

It sounds like you live on the east coast any chance you'll come out west to show case this beast? I would love to see it!

Been a while since you asked this, but I know you're still around since you built an AT-AT.  I think it'd be pretty hard to get it out to the west coast lol -- I can barely get it out of my apartment.  I've only been to Brickfair VA with it so far, might hit that again or another east coast show this year.

On 2/11/2017 at 8:36 AM, Raskolnikov said:

Been a while since you asked this, but I know you're still around since you built an AT-AT.  I think it'd be pretty hard to get it out to the west coast lol -- I can barely get it out of my apartment.  I've only been to Brickfair VA with it so far, might hit that again or another east coast show this year.

Yes I'm here several times a week hoping for amazing mocs I can build! Bummer you won't come out west but I understand. Did you get some good reactions at brickfair?

Would you consider building this in red? That would be a good, obscure reference to the Hand Of Thrawn duology, considering you named it the Tyrant...

Edited by caperica
misspell

Would you consider building this in red? That would be a good, obscure reference to the Hand Of Thrawn duology, considering you named it the Tyrant..

It's been a long time since I read those, but Wookiepedia says that it's the Virulence that became the Errant Venture.  Is the Tyrant in there somewhere that I'm forgetting?  Canon-wise, I think the Tyrant is just the Death Squadron ship that got shot by the Ion Cannon over Hoth.

I'm a big fan of Imperial Star Destroyers and this MOC is simply AMAZING!

You really outdid yourself with all of the details. The interiors are very well done.

There's no way an official set will ever come close to this.

Bravo!

14 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

It's been a long time since I read those, but Wookiepedia says that it's the Virulence that became the Errant Venture.  Is the Tyrant in there somewhere that I'm forgetting?  Canon-wise, I think the Tyrant is just the Death Squadron ship that got shot by the Ion Cannon over Hoth.

From my memory, Bel Iblis hired the Venture to impersonate the Tyrant, in Vision of the Future, in order to access the Imperial records on a planet whose name I don't remember. They thought the real Tyrant had been destroyed, when in fact it was cloaked and hiding behind a comet, lying in wait to ambush Bothawui.

Since you have proved yourself the master of Star Destroyers, I was wondering if you could help me with mine. I'm trying to mod my 6211, and right now I'm trying to imitate the frame of your Constrictor. Is there a proportion or equation you figured out or something? I can't find the correct size of frame for my paneling or the angle to use for the engine section paneling Technic brick. If you could help, that would be great.

Edited by caperica

Thanks lomis!

And caperica, sure, I'd be happy to help.  Just send me a private message, preferably with pics of whatever you're having issues with.  TheGeneralMoe's 6211 mod also is very good, did you see that?

From my memory, Bel Iblis hired the Venture to impersonate the Tyrant, in Vision of the Future, in order to access the Imperial records on a planet whose name I don't remember. They thought the real Tyrant had been destroyed, when in fact it was cloaked and hiding behind a comet, lying in wait to ambush Bothawui.

Ah, ok, that does ring a bell.  I did read those books back in the day, but I mostly just picked the name because I liked it.  ISDAvenger also named his after a specific Star Destroyer (and so did Jerac) and I kind of followed that.  I wouldn't have wanted a more well-known ship name, though, since it's not settled in my own mind whether this is REALLY supposed to be the canonical ISD Tyrant or not.

Yeah, unfortunately, that storyline is no longer canon. Frankly, I prefer the old to the new, but that's just me. How do I private message you?

There should be a button to send a message if you click on my name.  But I think I remember hearing that you need 10 posts and you only have 9 (not %100 sure about this, though), so go ahead and post some feedback on someone's MOC and try again.

I'm building it with the pictures as a guide, I do take my time because it's totally for fun and pleasure, and I'm learning a hell lot of things by just thinking how things work etc etc. it's really really long term thing, but that ISD is so stunning that I had to, it'll take me a year or two I don't care:)

On 6/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, deanorth said:

I'm building it with the pictures as a guide, I do take my time because it's totally for fun and pleasure, and I'm learning a hell lot of things by just thinking how things work etc etc. it's really really long term thing, but that ISD is so stunning that I had to, it'll take me a year or two I don't care:)

Hey how far are you?

Im currently rebuilding the exterior structure in ldd:)

not far, as it has been decade since I have last build something that complex, I have chosen to first recreate the upper section, to understand how the exterior and interior are made (through my understanding of course:) ), so I'm done with the top section of the hull located to the back of the ship (the part beneath the command deck). Progressing from the top to the bottom is kinda uncommon and dumb, but I know I'll have to build/rebuild/build/rebuild anyway, so I did it the way I felt it ;)

And even if I do have a load of parts from previous things I have build, grebbles wise I had to order several bricklink orders, and since I'm in Réunion island, things are slooooooow when it come to ordering from outside, so I need to be calm, like really calm when it comes to handle the waiting lol

Here is the quick view of what I did so far with the part of the ISD I've chosen to work on. Don't ask me why I have chosen this part instead of working from the start, I really did just follow my inspiration.

I did ask months ago Rasko if he don't mind me trying to build the ISD, and as he didn't mind and really helped me a lot with hints, here is the result

1531507216-image1.png1531507217-image2.png

tryout.jpg

I miss some grebblings parts, but so far I'm quite happy, and it was incredibly fun to build....destroy, build, destroy etc :)

Now I'm working on the command tower and the level 2 of the ship, progress is faster than I could imagine I'll take pics asap if you guys don't mind seeing a rookie ISD tyrant copy.

Edited by deanorth

Also started on recreatin this model:) Changed the bridge a little bit :)

Heh, looks like you managed to nab the bridge off Jerac's Chimaera. I'd love to see the Tyrant's interior combined with the Chimaera's exterior...so long as I don't have to be involved in transporting it anywhere :)