Raskolnikov

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer Tyrant

Maybe I missed it, but are you going to take this to any shows? That certainly would be a draw for me to drive the extra miles to see it!

Great job!

So you are the one that made that massive star destroyer? Most impressive. I actually first saw it floating around Facebook out of the lego community.

Hello Raskolnikov,

I am the US correspondent for Germany's largest daily newspaper BILD, and we would love to print one of the photos of the Tyrant Imperial Star Destroyer. Could you please let us know if we have your permission to do so? Of course, we will credit you accordingly. There is also the possibility that the online editorial is picking up the story, and they would like to show all photos, linking back to your Imgur/Flickr page (or any other page you prefer). This is already for tomorrow's issue of the paper, and with the 6hrs time difference we are working under a tight deadline. Could you please contact us asap?!

Thank you,

Simone Pipek

Barbette Media Services 356 West 121st Street, New York, NY 10027 bmsinc@barbettemedia.com T 212.665.5501 | M 917.673.3448 www.barbettemedia.com

Hello Raskolnikov,

I am the US correspondent for Germany's largest daily newspaper BILD, and we would love to print one of the photos of the Tyrant Imperial Star Destroyer. Could you please let us know if we have your permission to do so? Of course, we will credit you accordingly. There is also the possibility that the online editorial is picking up the story, and they would like to show all photos, linking back to your Imgur/Flickr page (or any other page you prefer). This is already for tomorrow's issue of the paper, and with the 6hrs time difference we are working under a tight deadline. Could you please contact us asap?!

Thank you,

Simone Pipek

Barbette Media Services 356 West 121st Street, New York, NY 10027 bmsinc@barbettemedia.com T 212.665.5501 | M 917.673.3448 www.barbettemedia.com

Sure, go for it. Be sure to link to the imgur album and my flickr, thanks.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Maybe I missed it, but are you going to take this to any shows? That certainly would be a draw for me to drive the extra miles to see it!

Great job!

Thanks! It's something I'd like to do but no concrete plans yet. I've never been to one and and I have trouble taking off work.

Anyone wanna see some moving gun turrets?

Tyrant's Turrets!

The turrets moving is pretty cool. What material did you use for the overall design? Like pictures or books or maybe models?

Those turning turrets are the bee's knees!

What material did you use for the overall design? Like pictures or books or maybe models?

This. I'm actually quite interested to hear the answer for this as well. Was there any reference material you used more than others?

Those turning turrets are the bee's knees!

This. I'm actually quite interested to hear the answer for this as well. Was there any reference material you used more than others?

The reference material that I used most frequently was a Star Destroyer micromachine, like the one on the left in this pic: https://echostation5...09/img_5540.jpg

I had a bunch of those micromachines as a kid, and I recently sold them all except a couple on ebay. It helped a lot with the exterior. (I also kept a similar Home One micromachine, you know, just in case).

Apart from that, I'd mostly just look at Star Destroyer pics online, during my downtime. I didn't have a computer in the room that I most often used for building, so I wouldn't usually be referencing anything in particular. The only time I think I actually was walking back and forth between the building room and the computer was when I was greebling the front of the bridge. The placement of individual greebles there is intended to resemble one of the models of the ship from the films.

I also used the 75055 as a reference, sometimes. The four notches along the sides of the Tyrant simply are based on where they are placed on the 75055. I'd also sometimes compare with the 75055 just as a way to check my work. For example, it surprised me how narrow the "neck" of the bridge seems to be in the movies. The Tyrant's is a bit too wide. But the neck on the 75055 is even wider, proportionally, and it looks fine. So I didn't worry about it.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Mind blown, obviously like everyone elses. I was going to have to leave a comment praising it and then I saw the interior and I now think it is the best toy in the world. My boys must never ever see this thread.

Can't congratulate you enough for such an epic build.

Impressive and Awesome design, it's perfect. And one question, what it's the TIE Interceptor that you have in one of the Photos?

amazing!

Thanks, Outworlder! I love the Eclipse, as well. Those of us with giant Star Destroyers in our living rooms ought to form a club or something. Really though, pretty much everything you've built appeals to me. It's quite a portfolio at this point.

And one question, what it's the TIE Interceptor that you have in one of the Photos?

Can you clarify? When the hatch is open, there's just a TIE pilot in there.

Edited by Raskolnikov

This is one of the best ISD's I've ever seen. A match for Jerac's Chimaera :)

Now that's a bold claim!

Btw I put a couple high res, typical-AFOL-looking pics (you know, with that professional white background) on flickr. Still learning this photography business...

Available here: https://www.flickr.c.../raskolnikov268

Edited by Raskolnikov

Now that's a bold claim!

Btw I put a couple high res, typical-AFOL-looking pics (you know, with that professional white background) on flickr. Still learning this photography business...

Available here: https://www.flickr.c.../raskolnikov268

Depending on how much the interior is valued, it's an accurate claim :)

As much as I love Star Destroyers and interiors, I would take this over any existing moc I am aware of.

As much as I love Star Destroyers and interiors, I would take this over any existing moc I am aware of.

Thanks, it would look awfully nice in that Death Star room of yours, wouldn't it?

Thanks, Outworlder! I love the Eclipse, as well. Those of us with giant Star Destroyers in our living rooms ought to form a club or something. Really though, pretty much everything you've built appeals to me. It's quite a portfolio at this point.

Can you clarify? When the hatch is open, there's just a TIE pilot in there.

Thanks for respond my question, but my question this:

26315463173_406a6f9a87_c.jpg

What is the TIE Interceptor on this photo? And the recolors of the A-wings looks cool. Most Accurate LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer I've seen (I know it is a MOC).

Edited by Nick6314

Really amazing build! It rendered me almost speechless...

It also inspired me to get out of my 'lego dark age' and start building again. Which is also why I'm on these fora now ;)

I'm typing this as I'm surrounded by bags as I'm trying to sort my collection, getting ready to improve my building skills. Thank you so much for being such an amazing builder and inpiration!

Thanks, it would look awfully nice in that Death Star room of yours, wouldn't it?

The Emperor commands it :)

What is the TIE Interceptor on this photo? And the recolors of the A-wings looks cool. Most Accurate LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer I've seen (I know it is a MOC).

Ah, thanks. The TIE Interceptor was one of my early MOCs/mods after coming out of my dark ages. The cockpit is identical to the one on the 9492 set, and the wings are supposed to be a similar style. More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/VcKcj

The re-colored A-wing is also based on a set, but the body is pretty heavily modified. I tried to make it a more accurate and curvy shape, but it didn't quite work out as planned. More pics of that here: http://imgur.com/a/dX5vR

I'd like to revisit the A-wing at some point.