Raskolnikov

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer Tyrant

I do plan to keep building minifigure-oriented stuff, but probably not quite as large. Towards the end of the Tyrant, I was really just wanting it to be done. I dumped tons of hours into some marathon sessions the last couple months especially. I haven't been getting enough exercise, not been not bothering to iron my dress shirts, etc.

And yeah, if you missed it, I am working on a WIP diary that shows some of the building and design process here: http://imgur.com/a/obQGE

Punch me... I swear I went through the posts like 4 times before asking again :D How could I miss... thanks very much though! WIP pics are great. It really is great to see how things went along.

The 'Minifig oriented stuff' is what I like the most! Yet the lack of minifigs and budget restricts me from that. But I'm slowly collecting 'seemingly useful' parts so hopefully I'll be able to build something eventually.

Good luck with your other new MOC's. If I had to suggest one, it would be the Venator of course :D

Thanks so much for the work in progress photos and descriptions. Really inspirational.

It really deserves a proper studio photo shoot. If you did one, I'd bet you could sell a few photo books.

Edited by Joemmo

You should build a few and sell them ������

These things are generally a labour of love but it raises a good point. At what point does a cool MOC become a highly sought after piece of art and the skill of the artist drive price? We've seen it happen with other forms of contemporary art..photography and street art to name a couple. Its starting to happen with Lego. Celebrated Chinese contemporary artist Ai Weiwei as well as Nathan Sawaya and Sean Kenney are all using Lego as a medium. Certified Lego professionals also do commissioned work. It all comes down to how its marketed and its perceived value. I suspect there would be more than a few rabid (and wealthy) Star Wars fans who would happily part with large sums of money for a "Raskoinikov Star Destroyer". I know I would if I could afford it...and had the space.

Edited by Markalus

I was blown away with the first few pictures, but it can fit 2 interceptors AND a shuttle?!! Fantastic, awe-inspiring work!

Man, I'm glad I clicked on this! As others have said, when I saw it on the main page I thought it was just an impressive exterior, but I had no idea the inside was so detailed! And even when I realized there was an interior, I thought it would be just one level, but instead there are multiple stories! Probably the most impressive MOC I've ever seen.

This is just amazing, speechless! Awesome job with all the details. Do you have -any- idea about the part count?

Thanks! It's really just guesswork, but I'm thinking between 20k and 25k.

Man, I'm glad I clicked on this! As others have said, when I saw it on the main page I thought it was just an impressive exterior, but I had no idea the inside was so detailed! And even when I realized there was an interior, I thought it would be just one level, but instead there are multiple stories! Probably the most impressive MOC I've ever seen.

Thanks, I'm glad you took a closer look!

Great build all round love the mini tie interceptors and not lego related first image in the background love the super Mario riding a bloody T-Rex

Great build all round love the mini tie interceptors and not lego related first image in the background love the super Mario riding a bloody T-Rex

Thanks, that's a print from an artist called Mike Mitchell. His website, and a bigger image of the Mario print, is here: http://sirmikeofmitc...ndex.php?/2008/

You have to click "next" a few times, though.

I actually had forgotten his name, since I got that a couple years ago, but one of the commenters on reddit recognized the Mario picture.

Edited by Raskolnikov

This is an epic work! It really shows AFOL is not to be messed with. Thanks for the upload.

I've been a lurker on Eurobricks for a while, but this.... this made me finally get an account just to add some more words of praise.

It's an astonishing piece of work. Well done.

I've been a lurker on Eurobricks for a while, but this.... this made me finally get an account just to add some more words of praise.

It's an astonishing piece of work. Well done.

Welcome!

This is my first post here and it's fitting that it's to comment on one of the most astonishing Lego builds I've ever seen. Details, colour scheme, sense of fun… everything is amazing. I dread to think how much this has cost you in time and money, but it was worth it!

The feedback for the Tyrant has been absolutely overwhelming, so thanks again everyone. I love how many lurkers came out of the woodwork to comment as well.

Also an update: I am working on taking some high res/high quality pictures and making some videos, and I plan to post them here once they're ready.

Stunning. It was shocking with each picture to see more and more. The exterior alone was in a class by itself, but the interior was mind blowing. To see the TIEs hanging there... I'm just in awe.

Insane dude. I just dont know how people are able to create stuff like this.

Not only does that behemoth look marvelous from the side especially with those angles and greebling, it also features an equally impressive interior (havent seen a combination like that before and I am truly impressed!)

:wub:

Any idea how many pieces this ship consists of? My wild guess would be at least 8 - 10k pieces...

Edited by BigEl

Any idea how many pieces this ship consists of? My wild guess would be at least 8 - 10k pieces...

Thanks! It's really just guesswork, but I'm thinking between 20k and 25k.