Kai NRG

Voting Thread - Eslandola vs. Mardier Build-off

Eslandola vs. Mardier Build Off  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Terrific Trio of Builds Should Receive the Pineapple Crown?

• Eslandola
    • Mardier
  2. 2. Which Single Build is Best?

• Kai NRG - Weird Marderians
    • Windusky - Eslandolan Prisoners
    • Umbra-Manis - The Demon that Haunts l'Ollius
    • KolonialBeamter - Pleadings
    • Jacob Nion - Discovery
    • Bregir - Prospects

Hear ye, hear ye!

Eslandola and Mardier have each presented their case! Now it is up to you to decide. Which terrific trio will carry off the pineapple crown and win the day?

Please base your vote on which group of three builds, taken together, is best. Consider the following criteria:

• The stories.
  • The presentation.
  • And most importantly, the builds.

Several of these MOCs are more than meet the eye upon first glance; so we encourage you to check out each MOC's thread and spend a bit of time considering your decision.

Also, please remember that each team was asked to incorporate each of the following in their total of three builds, and please take into consideration their effectiveness in doing so:

• l'Ollius
  • Pineapples
  • Prisoners
  • Court

Please do not vote based on:

• Your opinion of which side of the case is right in character.
  • Your personal preference for Eslandola or Mardier.

The poll has two questions: one is Eslandola vs. Mardier; the other pits all six builders against each other and is simply for fun. No DBs at stake, nothing at all except for the builder's ego.

So, without further ado!

Eslandola presents!

1) Kai NRG - Weird Marderians

26373833340_d4f5a8a1b4.jpg

2) Windusky - Eslandolan Prisoners

26579573526_090b576ea8_z.jpg

3) Umbra-Manis - The Demon That Haunts L'Ollius

800x411.jpg

Mardier presents!

4) KolonialBeamter - Pleadings

26364213750_03911d6043.jpg

5) Jacob Nion - Discovery

26646386555_0db53fe47f_c.jpg

6) Bregir - Prospects

26344365940_8ff6591289_n.jpg

Voting deadline: Friday, April 29th.

Feel free to express your vote below and let us know why.

LDD battle: Kolonial Beamterwins (very funny concept)

Big build battle: Kai wins (originality)

Small build battle: very close one, but thanks to the playability: Windusky wins...

The coherency of the Mardieran side switched my decision. Zeus, it hurted, but I had to.

Great builds, everyone! (Especially that Bregir fella - quite a prodigy! ;) )

Isolated, my favourite build was Kai's, although it was a hard call. But given the basis given for the case. I think the Mardierian side had the law on their (our) side.

I am wondering what consequences this will have for Terraversan independence, how Mardier will react, and what Eslandola will do... Will Terraversa keep preying on eslandian and other nations' shipping, and risk more incidents, or limit themselves to mardierian vessels? And what of the civil war plagued Mardier?

Perhaps more build offs and diplomatic manouvers to to determine these decisions? Will Eslandola/Oleon/Corrington be willing to support Terraversan independence, and at what price?

Oh, the thrill! :D

(Personally, I am hoping for a serious of build offs and diplomatic negotiations... :P )

This was a good build-off. Both sides were represented well - and both featuring LDD was good for balance. I think the Mardierians' builds are more cohesive overall, and the stories slightly better as well.

Jacob's features the best textures, no question, and also has a really good pirate-y look about it with the tower and custom cannon. Kai's seems better at portraying the essence of the contest, makes better use of the whole MOC in the story, and has some really good features as well - and earns my vote for best overall.

The others are pretty good too. Windusky's prison is nice, Umbra's pineapple demon is great, KB's courtroom scene is really good and Bregir's facade and crowd are neat. Overall this was a good effort...

...but I'm also wondering what long-term consequences might result! :classic:

Even if My heart belongs to Eslandola I have to admit that the Mardier side have a better cohesive story and I am just fan of the build made by Jacob Nion. Such great texturing and an excellent design !

Kai's one is excellent too but is not enough to make me vote for Eslandola. Sorry.

Good work from all participants and congratulations to have made such good entries !

I am curious to see what it will bring for the future of the Eslandolan diplomacy. (Will we declare war ?...)

I am curious to see what it will bring for the future of the Eslandolan diplomacy. (Will we declare war ?...)

Will you have peace, or war?

I will have...!