Would you also have an idea whether using Huifkar can get your package stuck at customs?

I often buy stuff in Germany, mostly furniture, a bicycle once. I never had to do with customs or extra costst when making use of this Huifkar-service apart from the pass-on-service fee itself. As long as it's within the EU, you don't get to deal with customs. When you buy stuff in China it's a different story of course.

Edited by Didumos69

You do not need to pay custom fees for orders inside the European Union. You are paying already the VAT (BTW) in Germany. We have a similar service as huifkar here in Luxembourg, but it is offered directly by the postal services. For 5 Euros extra you can have your goods delivered to an address in Germany or France and then the Post delivers it in Luxembourg. Takes 1-2 days extra but is often cheaper than international shipping fees.

This does not work with the Lego shop. They state the following: "We are unable to take orders for delivery to PO Boxes, hotels and freight forwarding services."

Edited by WvG_853

I posted this already in Jim's Review Thread:

I called the Porsche Service Hotline this morning and they told me that this set is not in stock. The homepage doesn't show us this information. The employee looked deeper in their system and there she could see that nothing is in stock. They've got no estimated shipping date at the moment, because this set has such a high demand. I should look up for it in the next days.

Now they've updated their product page, too. You can't place an order for it anymore. It now says "currently unavailable" and you only can sign up for an email notification as soon as it will be available again.

Does anyone of you (who placed an order at Porsche Online Shop) get an order confirmation or a message that your order is being prepared for shipment?

Edited by Danee

Does anyone of you (who placed an order at Porsche Online Shop) get an order confirmation or a message that your order is being prepared for shipment?

Edit: Just realised you meant the Porsche shop :blush:, not the Lego Online Shop..

Content of the original post:

This is the only thing I've heard since placing the order at 8 am on Wednesday (a few minutes after it was made available). This email was sent to me an hour later.

5RJUjZc.png

Perhaps what they are doing (supposedly making sure things are being shipped properly to avoid damage?) is for the best. In that same order from Wednesday I also purchased a different new set, this is how it arrived. The free fountain set box was crushed, the parts were OK though.

gY7ZSUl.png

Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer and everyone gets their Porsche soon :classic:!

Edited by M4X1994

@M4X1994

I got the same mail from the Lego S&H Store. I called the customer service last Friday and they told me that my order is inactive. But when I take a look into my accounts order status it still says that it is out of stock and more is on the way. Nothing about a cancelled order. I wrote an email to the customer service today because I want to know if I'll get the Porsche as soon as it is back in stock or if I have to place a new order and have to check the website frequently for availability which is really annoying...

I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Fans, myself included, have been asking for a UCS-style Technic set for years and saying we'd be willing to pay a premium for it. We know the reason it hasn't existed in the past is because the market would probably be very limited due to the high price. Now LEGO is finally giving us what we asked for and everyone is complaining about the price. Of course it is expensive, it is a premium product offering. No one is being forced to buy it. One thing we can be sure of: if it doesn't sell because of the cost then they will never offer another UCS Technic set.

When the first UCS Star Destroyer (10030) came out, there were similar complaints. Who would pay so much for a model that you can't even play with? Obviously the answer is a lot of people!

n00b, but totally agree.

Wow I would never accept any package damaged like that, would notify TLG about it instead.

Never had any problem with S@H in that regard, everything was always in pristine condition.

There's discussion on the review topic about a letter at promo bricks saying the reason for the delay is the box damage issue. There's a letter from Lego there, but it is in German. Has anyone else got one, especially in English?

I went ahead and called lego today and swapped out the Porsche for a star wars ucs set. I ordered mine at 6am last Wednesday. I'll wait until they fix the issues and will buy when the gougers are done trying to buy the set. Reminds me of the ar15 and ak47 shortage that went on almost 4 years ago...

There's discussion on the review topic about a letter at promo bricks saying the reason for the delay is the box damage issue. There's a letter from Lego there, but it is in German. Has anyone else got one, especially in English?

The letter from the German Lego Support says that they postponed the release because of a packaging issue. They cannot guarantee that this set will be delivered in a mint condition and so they have to repack it as they want to deliver the same quality as you would get in their stores. They claim that this is the only reason for the delay and it has nothing to do with the set itself (i think they refer to the gearbox issue which was stated a few days ago from Lego). As soon as they fixed the packaging it will be available in S@H. Furthermore it is still available in their stores because they aren't effected of this issue. Last but not least they assure him that we don't have to buy a set on eBay for 600€ because the set will be definitly back for sale :wink:

While I did enjoy the 41999 special packaging, I rather dislike the Porsche oversized box for multiple reasons. Hear me out, this relates to pricing. TLG has sent a press release years ago, about how sustainable they will become by making the product packaging smaller. Sounds great, except the boxes are ever growing. For example, the 42030 Volvo had to get a deeper box to accommodate the large bucket. OK, but why not reduce the footprint of the box while increasing the depth? The 42030 box is half empty, you can shake the Lego in there. When the Arocs came out, which does NOT include an oversized bucket, they forgot to go back to the normal sized box. Sure, it has tons of parts, but the box is not chuck full, there is lots of room. All the parts could easily fit into a normal sized flagship box like the 8043 had. The 41999 box was actually quite nice fit - might even been a bit smaller than the 9398 box, with higher parts count, beautiful box indeed. This Porsche box should not be any deeper than the 41999 box... It is as if marketing is trying to justify the large price by showing how big the box is. My objection is not only as an environmentalist, but as a smart customer. Transporting these large boxes around the world must cost a fortune - part of this is the very reason for the high asking price - here it is 600NZD (which appears to be the highest cost around the world: equals roughly $563 AUD, $419 or USD 368 Euro), I'd consider buying it in a small box that is filled to the brim, if it was 30% cheaper - if they decided to pass the needless transportation overhead cost back to the customer. I think that in the old days, most boxes were the same sized as the built Lego, so you could neatly pack the built item away. You can't do that with the Porsche anyway, not only because you don't want to hide this masterpiece display item, but also, because it won't fit, but you still have to store a needless large, beautifully artwork box... Also amazing that we had all this discussion about the price per part, but there are plenty of people, who are happy to pay a hefty premium to be the first to buy this off eBay instead of waiting to grab it from a local toy shop at normal retail price. I also feel that I'd only buy a 2nd hand or a well-reduced sale Porsche - no rush to buy it at full price even if there is a chance that I miss out.

This Porsche box should not be any deeper than the 41999 box... It is as if marketing is trying to justify the large price by showing how big the box is. My objection is not only as an environmentalist, but as a smart customer. Transporting these large boxes around the world must cost a fortune - part of this is the very reason for the high asking price - here it is 600NZD (which appears to be the highest cost around the world: equals roughly $563 AUD, $419 or USD 368 Euro), I'd consider buying it in a small box that is filled to the brim, if it was 30% cheaper - if they decided to pass the needless transportation overhead cost back to the customer. I think that in the old days, most boxes were the same sized as the built Lego, so you could neatly pack the built item away. You can't do that with the Porsche anyway, not only because you don't want to hide this masterpiece display item, but also, because it won't fit, but you still have to store a needless large, beautifully artwork box...

I can't disagree with you about the size of boxes used on lots of other Lego models, but I've got the Porsche sat at home, and the box isn't really that oversized. Sure they could have saved a bit of room doing away with the internal individual boxes, but each of these is pretty chock full.

I can't disagree with you about the size of boxes used on lots of other Lego models, but I've got the Porsche sat at home, and the box isn't really that oversized. Sure they could have saved a bit of room doing away with the internal individual boxes, but each of these is pretty chock full.

True! This is probably the most filled Technic box ever. It's litterally filled to the brim. I don't think a lot of space could have been saved without neatly packaging the set.

And indeed the smaller boxes are chock full.

I hear you and you've have more experience with this as you've opened one. Then again, why did the internal boxes get crushed from the weight of the manual? Shouldn't the parts in them prop them up as internal support? There seems to be lots of empty space the way the tires are packed.

Nearly 50% of price is for the porshce name I reckon, awful colour, no PF. :sceptic:

I hope the Porsche webshop has some boxes in stock, but it could of course also be the case that these orders are passed on to the Lego distribution services. Either way it will be substantially cheaper to order this set in Germany, for people living in The Netherlands that is.

Yess!!! (It has been shipped!!!)

320x533.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

I saw it in my local lego shop here in the UK they had only got them in today and a father got one for his son's 21st tomorrow.

I saw it in my local lego shop here in the UK they had only got them in today and a father got one for his son's 21st tomorrow.

Where about the shop? Milton?

Still not available on shop@home UK.

Ultimate fail by Lego regarding the whole release of this set in general.

I can get two 42043's for the same price at Amazon right now which would be the wiser decision as far as parts go anyways.

Well, considering that it was listed as 'will ship in 30 days' on the day that it released, I would not expect it soon from S@H. It is also still unavailable on the dutch site.

Ultimate fail by Lego regarding the whole release of this set in general.

Have to agree unfortunately, available for all of 5 mins in the Aussie section of the Lego online store with shipping from 6/6 then 30 days now out of stock. My order says "Waiting on new stock" and has done since the 2/6, my C/card also no longer says pending so can only assume it's not coming... :cry_sad: