Apparently these are flying off shelves pretty well. I was going to pick it up today, but was told by the manager they are usually gone the same day they show up. Apparently a lot of Porsche fans who have never built a LEGO set are jumping on this.

Edited by rollermonkey

It was written in press release that set will be relesaed on june 1st just in germany and austria. Elswhere, sales will start on august 1st.

It was written in press release that set will be relesaed on june 1st just in germany and austria. Elswhere, sales will start on august 1st.

Yes, but that turned out to be not true at all. It was available in pretty much all LEGO stores around the world, not just in Germany and Austria. And whomever ordered from S@H got a month+ delay because of the packaging.

I have ordered on June 28th and was able to build that set 2 days ago ;) So pretty much 10 days of waiting,

Edited by irekk

I have ordered on June 28th and was able to build that set 2 days ago ;) So pretty much 10 days of waiting,

I ordered June 1st in the morning, and received it July 2nd. So a month of waiting for me.

I ordered June 1st in the morning, and received it July 2nd. So a month of waiting for me.

I ordered morning of June 1st as well and still nothing. Good to hear those in Europe are getting their orders now...figure "mine" might be on a pallet crossing the ocean bound for LEGO's North American distribution center in Enfield, CT.... :wink:

Distribution center is somewhere is Mississippi or Missouri or some other BFN place. Enfield is the business office

Distribution center is somewhere is Mississippi or Missouri or some other BFN place. Enfield is the business office

Right...I stand corrected...Olive Branch, Mississippi.

Is there anyone who bought the set directly from the Lego shop in SCS, Vösendorf, Austria? I got information that there is some Porsche, but I don't know, if these sets' inner boxes are damaged or not. I would appreciate if someone replies.

So mine arrived in NZ today, ordered in the first 15 min on June 1st, so only 6 weeks to finally get here.

Sadly not in time for our yearly Lego show that was yesterday.

Luckily someone got one sent over from a shop in Germany, so there was one at the show.

Lots of people looking over it.

Cant wait to start the build. Yeah

Is there anyone who bought the set directly from the Lego shop in SCS, Vösendorf, Austria? I got information that there is some Porsche, but I don't know, if these sets' inner boxes are damaged or not. I would appreciate if someone replies.

I bought it there one month ago, and it wasn't damaged ... I think the problem with inner boxes geting damaged is when you get your order by mail and postal service delivery employes don't handle the box with care ...

Just got this from legoshop.com on my porsche order:

"The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order..."

:(

Just got this from legoshop.com on my porsche order:

"The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order..."

:(

Not sure if Hungary has the same promotion, but in Holland people get this notification as well, but it's only for some "Window Decals V120" and not the set(s) they ordered (VW Beetle). I don't see any reason for Lego to cancel a Porsche order. Backorder? Sure, but they are not going to cancel it.

Seems like the easy way to get one is going to your local Lego shop instead online shopping

German S@H states:

Out of stock, expected ship date 2 Aug 2016

However this statement is still active:

We have experienced delays in shipping the Porsche and are working tirelessly to correct the issue. As always, our design team has focused on designing a premium product and we want to ensure that it arrives at your doorstep in premium condition.

Cancelling orders seems to be odd.

The packaging comparing to reviews and official advertisement is different in my case. Manual with box 1 is in bottom left corner with additional spacer. Looks like this:

13643057_1035914576464256_1275762157_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI5MTk2ODM2NTcxNTQ3Mjk0Nw%3D%3D.2

Oh, and in my case they could not charge my card for 2 days, so it stayed as backordered. When i realized that and add some cash to card they charged me almost immediately and status of the order changed to In Warehouse after few hours. Not sure if that applies to your cases but i thought is worth to note.

Edited by irekk

Customer service just contacted me and turned out my Porsche order wasn't actually cancelled, Lego just ran out of the item that would have been the gift for it. But I don't care about that :)

I ordered morning of June 1st as well and still nothing. Good to hear those in Europe are getting their orders now...figure "mine" might be on a pallet crossing the ocean bound for LEGO's North American distribution center in Enfield, CT Olive Branch, Mississippi.... :wink:

Just received my shipping notification so should arrive in Alberta, Canada next Friday! :grin:

I just ordered mine - on the online shop from one of the biggest toys supermarket (as I think, that thing with the Star in the R).

Actually there is an discount for lego products with 15% too - so at the End it costs ~255. Maybe someone else is searching for it and can use the discount.

(I am not if it is allowed to tell the name of the shop, If so I will name it, of course)