Just received mine!

Box is packed in another box in another box, however one corner damaged....

Very dissapointed as we had to wait so long due to packaging issues...

Edited by Jeinky

Would be kind if someone could take some snapshots of the new packaging.

Just received mine!

Box is packed in another box in another box, however one corner damaged....

Very dissapointed as we had to wait so long due to packaging issues...

I would take a photo and contact the customer service trying to get at least some VIP points as compensation for the damage

Edited by Danee

So it seems they reorganized the inside a bit.

Mine came in two boxes with some extra cardboard added.

BSBOVCw.jpg

E3y6S8a.jpg

HU5Xecy.jpg

M4Lhtrf.jpg

a3gV7rP.jpg

jH4YXjj.jpg

Good condition though, which is what this was all about!

Most important of all, the cat approves the new packaging (although I'm sure she would have liked the regular packaging too :tongue:).

Wy1c3eK.jpg

Edited by M4X1994

Just got my shipping notification! Now for the long wait for delivery to begin. Sometimes it's not fun being in New Zealand, so far away from everything!

I've been watching the tracking and mines already in Oz at a distribution center in NSW, maybe after the delays TLG have been kind enough to send it express to make up for the delay. Usually it's 2 weeks before it gets to our shores...

Wow, that's packed! Awesome solution for new box arrangement.

Congrats to the new GT3 RS ...

I've been watching the tracking and mines already in Oz at a distribution center in NSW, maybe after the delays TLG have been kind enough to send it express to make up for the delay. Usually it's 2 weeks before it gets to our shores...

If it's showing at Alexandria I don't think it's in aus. My last delivery showed Alexandria for two weeks before it was delivered.

My orderstatus is still 'in warehouse', allthough I also ordered it on june 1st :hmpf_bad:

BSBOVCw.jpg

Good condition though, which is what this was all about!

Most important of all, the cat approves the new packaging (although I'm sure she would have liked the regular packaging too :tongue:).

--- thanks for posting these pics. This helps a lot. Interesting development. In the US I was informed that after such changes sets would not be available until AUG - so I cancelled my order and bought one from someone else. I cannot believe my luck in that they did not ask for a dime more than they bought it for (300$), USD, and it was unopened and in perfect condition. But I am curious, earlier I mentioned that I received a credit via email from TLG for 25$, for the hassle (which I lost b/c I cancelled my order). DId anyone else receive such a coupon?

Ordered mine on 1 June 2016 round about 11.30. Just received the notice that the set has been shipped.

Ordered mine on 1 June 2016 round about 11.30. Just received the notice that the set has been shipped.

mine just shipped too! Hurrah! that's the first bit of the school holidays sorted!

Hi to all you Lego (Technic) fans!

I received my Porsche today!

However, I must say I am disappointing for the second time by Lego with regards to this specific set.

First they disappointed me by not packing the set properly the first time round.

Additionally the gear box is not shifting in the right order 1,2,3,4 etc. due to an error in the building instructions.

I do applaud Lego for recognizing the mistake(s) they made and stopping delivery in order to guarantee delivery in undamaged condition.

When I opened my set today I was glad to see it was re-packed, boxes are in other order compared to previous packing method AND a extra piece of black cardboard (almost like a mini box) was added between the building book and the box to the right hand side. I assume the extra cardboard is there to prevent the heavy book from moving.

However, and this is a big however!, after I checked the rest of the content of the set I was disappointed again by Lego. I will explain why.

After checking the building instructions I noticed the mistake in the gearbox is still there (steps 267, 268 & 269).

I understand Lego did want to reprint entire books due to the costs involved (and time it takes of course). But what I absolutely do not understand is why there is no extra instruction sheet in the set replacing steps 267 through 269)!

Why go through all the trouble of opening all sets, re-packing them, add the small extra black card board box and not include a extra sheet of paper rectifying the building book mistake?!

I truly do not understand this from Lego. It can not be the cost nor can it be a time issue in my opinion.

I am not one to write a complaint quickly but I will write Lego in this particular matter. Mainly due to the fact this is a VERY expensive set for, let's be honest, not the most complete Technic set in existence.

By not complete I mean the lack Power Functions and or Pneumatic Functions in the set.

Nevertheless, I am sure I will enjoy building this set and I wish the rest of you lots of build fun too!

Edited by 8421XXL

Maybe TLG did notvupdate the instructions or include a leftlet because fr there perspective....there are no building errors.

Maybe they intended it to gear shift the way it does. I think they only acknowledged packing problems.... Not building errors.

Mine has just shipped, heading for New Zealand. Will be interesting to see how long it takes.

Order Status says complete. Cant wait to do some body modifications, think I'll build the body first.

I suspect the same Richard Dower.

I have read a fluffy statement somewhere frm Lego about the gearbox issue. They neither confirmed or denied the issue.

However, in my opinion, when you can resolve the issue by simple switching 2 or 3 parts around, then it is an error in the building instructions!

If it would recquire different parts then that are in the set and / or modification of the gearox, it would be another matter alltogether.

My opinion, admid you made a mistake and solve it best you can (especially for a set as expensive as this one)!

Finally i've got my shipping notification :grin: :grin: :grin: Have to quickly order all neccessary parts for the basic modifications, for proper shifting an less friction. So the weekend will be busy :wink:

Mine is on the way as well!!! Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and hopefully will receive by friday....right for the weekend!

Ordered on June 28th, today status changed to In Warehouse, awesome :)

And it just changed to Complete. :wub:

Edited by irekk

I have received a reply from Lego on my complaint with regards to the gear change sequence being wrong (sorry the reply from Lego is in Dutch Language):

Beste Walter,

Hartelijk dank voor uw bericht. Het is altijd super om van een LEGO® te horen en zeker één zoals u! Het doet me heel veel plezier dat u de 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in huis hebt gehaald, het is echt een prachtige set. Vanwege het probleem met de verpakking hadden we ook besloten om hem te vertragen, en hem niet op te sturen als er schade mogelijk zou zijn, en we waaarderen het zeer dat u met deze oplossing tevreden was.

Wat de versnellingen betreft, daar is geen correctie voor gewijzigd omdat de manier dat ze nu geprint staan, de juiste manier van bouwen is.

De versnellingen in het LEGO model van de Porsche zijn niet in dezelfde volgorde ingebouwd zoals dat in de Porsche PDK het geval is. Deze aanpassing is bewust gemaakt om ervoor te zorgen dat we de best mogelijke LEGO versie van deze geweldige auto konden neerzetten. Daarnaast zorgt deze opzet ervoor dat het onze fans een fantastische bouw- en productervaring oplevert.

Tijdens het ontwerpen van het model kwamen onze designers er namelijk achter dat de LEGO Technic Porsche minder soepel rijdt als we de tandwieloverbrengingen op dezelfde manier zouden inbouwen als bij de echte Porsche PDK. De stroefheid werd namelijk veroorzaakt doordat er teveel tandwielen tegelijkertijd aan het draaien waren. Dit zette ook een beetje meer stress op bepaalde onderdelen. De set die u nu in huis hebt is al jaren in de ontwerp fase geweest en er is uiteindelijk besloten door het design team om het op deze manier te doen.

Als u toch liever de versnellingen hetzelfde wilt hebben zoals die van de echte Porsche, dan hoeft u alleen maar de stappen uit de bouwinstructies op pagina 267 en 269 om te draaien. Dit heeft wel als gevolg dat de Porsche wat moeizamer rijdt.

LEGO Technic sets zijn uitermate geschikt om zelf te modificeren en we kijken uit naar alle creaties en inzichten van onze fans. Dat is ten slotte waar het bouwen van LEGO sets om draait.

We hopen dat u veel plezier heeft met het bouwen van uw Porsche. We kunnen ons gelukkig prijzen met zoveel getalenteerde en trouwe LEGO fans en we willen u bedanken voor het delen van uw ideeën en kennis. We nemen feedback van onze fans wel altijd heel serieus, aangezien luisteren naar jullie de beste manier is om te weten hoe we kunnen verbeteren. Als u ooit nog verder commentaar zou hebben, of het nu een klacht of een compliment is, aarzel dan niet om het aan ons te communiceren en dan zullen we zeker kijken of er iets is dat we voor u kunnen doen. Fijne woensdag nog!

In short, the gear change sequence being not in the right order 1,2,3,4 etc) is on purpose. Accoding to Lego the Design Team decided to change the sequence because otherwise there would be too much friction / stress on some parts.

I will build the gear box in the correct sequence (read: different from Lego sequence). I am interested to see what the outcome will be.

I do appriciate the fast and truly personal reply from Lego on this matter! They did not simply give a short and formal reply.

I believe someone posted that response on this forum earlier. And I believe the conclusion from that was that their explanation made no sense. Someone checked the gears, and there were no more gears engaged with the 'correct' sequence as there were with the out-of-the-box sequence.

Not to mention it took Didumos less than a week to remove all friction from the gearbox. So implementing a wrong sequence and slapping in a white clutch gear to provide "the best possible experience" is beyond stupid.

Edited by Appie

I believe someone posted that response on this forum earlier. And I believe the conclusion from that was that their explanation made no sense. Someone checked the gears, and there were no more gears engaged with the 'correct' sequence as there were with the out-of-the-box sequence.

Not to mention it took Didumos less than a week to remove all friction from the gearbox. So implementing a wrong sequence and slapping in a white clutch gear to provide "the best possible experience" is beyond stupid.

In this post some images illustrate the engaged gears in each gear. From this It is easy to deduct that:

1. In each gear all axles rotate and all gears rotate.

2. In each gear the same number of gears is involved in transferring torque from input to output.

But the number of gears in the gearbox was not the problem. This was.

So Lego is delivering bull*** along multiple channels :classic:.

Edited by Didumos69