Merging with availability topic

Do these hawt rims have a Design ID anywhere on them?

6144001.jpg

Despite the inventory already being up on Lego's server (fast!), the rims aren't included or even listed.

I found the rims on the "replacement parts" section

Agh! That explains why I was able to pull the images for the new rim and the exclusive 1x4 tile, but not find the actual part info. It never occurs to me to check that section since I'm usually only interested in buying loose parts.

Cheers!

On the S@H store now:

Due to unforeseen circumstances the LEGO Technic Porsche GT3 RS is temporarily unavailable on shop.LEGO.com. Please keep an eye on our website for updates to online availability.

Yesterday, I wanted to order one from Lego online but they were out of stock, so I picked one up from a Lego store at Potomac Mills Mall in Woodbridge, Virginia (USA), and they had several sets available (when I as there). The Lego store only allowed one set per customer, which is encouraging. Hopefully Lego has the same policy all around so folks won't be able to horde the sets. I'm looking forward to the build.

Edited by Technic Fan

On the S@H store now:

Due to unforeseen circumstances the LEGO Technic Porsche GT3 RS is temporarily unavailable on shop.LEGO.com. Please keep an eye on our website for updates to online availability.

wow. But well, thats good for the overall quality hopefully. I guess they're fixing it and will bring a #2 soon.

wow. But well, thats good for the overall quality hopefully. I guess they're fixing it and will bring a #2 soon.

I think there's quite a few who believe they've already brought a #2 :)

I think there's quite a few who believe they've already brought a #2 :)

Ha true, true indeed... :grin:

I found the rims on the "replacement parts" section of TLG's site:

inIaX2s.png

Interestingly enough you get this message when you try to claim this as a missing piece:

We’ll need proof of purchase before we can send you the part. Please provide this by entering the 7-digit number from the back of your Building Instructions booklet.

This is only for the rims. The tires, the printed panels, the new orange parts all don't have this message.

But all new parts are out of stock (also on the buy bricks section)...

That's good because that's a huge potential issue that would cost lego a lot of money that could end up raising the prices due to people trying to cheat the system...

On the S@H store now:

So would that mean for the people that have already placed their order on the website? When I ordered mine it said that it would be shipping the 7th, but when I was done with the order, it was back to 30 days. Now it just says it is temporarily out of stock.

Oh, and I created an account pretty much because of this set. It has been a long time since I have bought a set, and this is the perfect set to spark my interest in Lego again. Even if it has its flaws.

Today I made another phone-call to the Lego customer-service concerning the problems with the 42056:
No sir, the 42056 is unavailable at this time, but your order is not in the system.

After several minutes of looking and conferring with collegues:

Yes sir, your order is in the system, but it's has been blocked.

Again some more conferring and answers on payments from me:

Well sir, your order has been removed from the system; but you wil be the first to know when you can order again.

On my question if I will still be elligible for the june (fountain) present:

No problem sir; your order is still in the system..

On my question why nobody was able to order online:

Many orders have been cancelled by the system due to unknown circumstances.

On my question why the 42056 have been delivered to and sold by all the Lego-Stores;

Well sir, the system wasn't aware of any of that

I'm telling them that I am ever so slightly (..) disappointed:

Very good sir, would you like me to put 200 extra VIP-Points in your system?

Bsod_nt_mod-300x225.jpg

Yikes. That concerns me that we can't get a straight answer.

Sometimes no answer can be an answer, its pretty obvious that they're doing something with it.

I got my Porsche at the Lego store in Phoenix, AZ on Wednesday morning. The store had 25 copies and there was a line 30 min before opening. The store said only 3 per customer. I was surprised that everyone but me bought 3. It kind of seems rude to buy 3 sets when that means most of the people standing in line behind you won't get one. Especially when it's not a limited set, and for some reason Lego isn't allowing online orders right now. FYI, I don't regret my purchase at all. It's been an awesome build experience so far.

Supposedly the delay is because the inner box can rip apart easily (like a tear in the wheels box). Which could be more of a problem for a webshop like S@H when stuff has to be delivered by local postal services than it being handled by Lego's distribution for their physical stores.

Supposedly the delay is because the inner box can rip apart easily (like a tear in the wheels box). Which could be more of a problem for a webshop like S@H when stuff has to be delivered by local postal services than it being handled by Lego's distribution for their physical stores.

Poor box = Bad

Poor Gearbox = Acceptable.

It's all about the box. :laugh:

Edited by Meatman

For those living in The Netherlands, if you want to use the Porsche webshop to buy the Porsche, you can use a Dutch service (Huifkar) to have it send to you in The Netherlands using a German address: http://www.huifkarverzendservice.nl/. I use this service a lot and just ordered the Porsche (I live in the Netherlands). I expect the costs for Huifkar to be 6 euro's only.

Now I have to explain my wife :wink:

Edited by Didumos69

For those living in The Netherlands, if you want to use the Porsche webshop to buy the Porsche, you can use a Dutch service (Huifkar) to have it send to you in The Netherlands using a German address: http://www.huifkarverzendservice.nl/. I use this service a lot and just ordered the Porsche (I live in the Netherlands). I expect the costs for Huifkar to be 6 euro's only.

Now I have to explain my wife :wink:

Will this arrive sooner than a purchase from the online Lego shop? Does this method also have the delay? If it does not, this makes it objectively the best option. Not only will you get it sooner, but it also costs 30 euro's less.

Will this arrive sooner than a purchase from the online Lego shop? Does this method also have the delay? If it does not, this makes it objectively the best option. Not only will you get it sooner, but it also costs 30 euro's less.

I honestly don't know. I hope the Porsche webshop has some boxes in stock, but it could of course also be the case that these orders are passed on to the Lego distribution services. Either way it will be substantially cheaper to order this set in Germany, for people living in The Netherlands that is.

Edited by Didumos69

I seriously don't know. I hope the Porsche webshop has some boxes in stock, but it could of course also be the case that these orders are passed on to the Lego distribution services. Either way it will be substantially cheaper to order this set in Germany, for people living in The Netherlands that is.

Would you also have an idea whether using Huifkar can get your package stuck at customs? I have a bad history with ordering things from outside of The Netherlands. I have almost always had to pay for customs. And if that can happen in this case as well, that would negate the price difference, or even make it more expensive overall.

I already had made an order in the online Lego shop, or at least I think. I really am not so sure any more. And this is the first time I have ordered from the Lego shop. When I ordered, the site said it would ship the 7th. Of course it was immediately back to a 30 day delay, right after I completed the order. And now it is even 'temporarily unavailable', but I may just wait it out till the 7th and see if I hear anything in the mean time.