Instead of making a new topic, you could have put this in the other thread nerdsforprez mentioned...

There are issues with the set, BI and whatnot.

The sets you see on sale on ebay are from physical Lego stores, which got their stock yesterday or maybe earlier and were allowed to sell it today. S@H pulled it from their site to fix the issue first. So instead of screaming "scalpers" "profit" "Lego evil!", sit back and take it easy. It's not like the set got cancelled, it got delayed a little.

1. This is not limited edition set. You will have a chance to buy your copy sooner or later

2. This happens with sets in high demand

1. This is not limited edition set. You will have a chance to buy your copy sooner or later

2. This happens with sets in high demand

Was this set really in high demand? I was up very late last night and it never was available online to purchase.

this is a complete joke....... http://www.ebay.ie/i...JUAAOSwrhlXTvqx

So after Ebay and Paypal fees and then paying for the free shipping, they will make what $50 on it?

Edited by Meatman

Yes, you cannot deny this, but then again, at the same this shows the demand.

Edited by zux

the scalping commences....... http://www.ebay.ie/i...LAAAOSwxndXTvDc

Wow. So $450, then:

• eBay takes 10%, $45.
  • PayPal takes their cut...3%? Using 3% of the transaction that's another $13.50.
  • Shipping via USPS (as listed) with a weight of 8 pounds (3.6 kg) is $28 for ground, $49.50 for Priority
  • Original cost of set + tax is ~$321

So that's $108 in fees on $450, making the total profit.......$21.

Wow. So $450, then:

• eBay takes 10%, $45.
  • PayPal takes their cut...3%? Using 3% of the transaction that's another $13.50.
  • Shipping via USPS (as listed) with a weight of 8 pounds (3.6 kg) is $28 for ground, $49.50 for Priority
  • Original cost of set + tax is ~$321

So that's $108 in fees on $450, making the total profit.......$21.

Yes. Some people have ($)($) in their eyes without thinking everything through. Then again, they may have also used VIP points and turned them into cash.

I would like to know what all of the people that were preselling it for $499 are going to tell the buyers. :laugh:

Edited by Meatman

I wonder if they are not in stock online because of the misprint? Maybe they are going to fix it within 30 days then continue shipments?

It is amazing how inaccurate the availability announcements were. We were told the set would not be available in brand retail stores except in Germany and Austria, yet I just picked up one up at my local store in the USA this morning. We were told it would be available at S&H June 1, and yet no one has been able to order one. Listing it as "Out of Stock" seems a bit disingenuous since they have piles of them sitting around waiting for whatever instruction errata update they intend to make.

I did get a chance to talk to a few other fans waiting in line for the store to open, and the knowledge of the problems with the set seems widespread. Everyone already knew about it. Of course, this is not exactly a random sampling of the public, this is a line of people waiting to buy the set on opening day.

There are U.S. sellers with the set for $416 with free shipping.. Good luck breaking even..

Some people are not to bright when it comes to math and all the hidden fee's.

Some people are not to bright when it comes to math and all the hidden fee's.

I am a top rated powerseller, so I get money back every month which works out to 8% in Ebay fees(But still like 4% Paypal) and I wouldn't even bother wasting my time getting up in the morning and then picking up my friends to get around the 1 per person limit just to maybe make a measley $20 per set..

Hi

do you guys think the Porsche will come back? Or will it be a lmited one time thing as the 41999 was?

Dino

Spoke to my local Lego store here in S California few days ago and they said they are expecting about 30+ kits to arrive and that I should line up at least 30min early before store open on June 1. ... Today I called again and said they sold all the GT3RS kits within 45min and there was a long line for it.... Sigh...I guess all the ones online are all sold

Don't worry, it will be back in stock in 2-3 weeks or so..., and it will sell out again, and it will be back in stock, again, and so on... I'd suggest having a nice summer and waiting till October to get double VIP points on it :grin:

I had no trouble picking one up at my store (Columbus OH) this afternoon. There were only 2 out but I don't know how many still in the back.

Oh, and mine cost a whopping $5.26. Yep, I had $295 in VIP points to use :)

Our local LEGO Store sold out at around noon. Resellers have it for $500 on kijjii site. It's $350 in Canada. With sales tax it comes out to $395. $105 profit if someone buys it.

Our local LEGO Store sold out at around noon. Resellers have it for $500 on kijjii site. It's $350 in Canada. With sales tax it comes out to $395. $105 profit if someone buys it.

Wow how high is yalls tax?

holy crap....he sold it!!

It amazes me, but I see the same thing happen with people selling lego sets over rrp when the official lego store has plenty in stock of the item anyway.

No idea who does the buying in these situations, I hope it is someone who has money to burn rather than someone who doesn't know better... Or worse...

It amazes me, but I see the same thing happen with people selling lego sets over rrp when the official lego store has plenty in stock of the item anyway.

No idea who does the buying in these situations, I hope it is someone who has money to burn rather than someone who doesn't know better... Or worse...

just based on ebay...i think the entire day one stock was bought up by profiteers.