Tags: Civil Building

Note: All parts of this build except the parts shown in the spoiler are re-used - that is, the main room, torture rack and restraints (but not the larger frame around it), and the two small implement-holders are all re-used, and therefore should not be judged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

26632682395_737e7b69c0_o.png

"AAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!"

26567087001_36c050efb2_o.png

"AAAAAAAAGHNOOOOOOO!"

26632676325_94658fe393_o.png

Clunk.

"What was that?"

26028961953_213f78b845_o.png

"What the ..."

Crack!

26028957463_d41a8eb38b_o.png

Thud.

Crack!

26026890994_579a379a4c_o.png

Crash.

"Silvia!"

"That's far enough, Viktor."

26359409910_0543ce9fb8_o.png

"Girault. You're going to pay for this."

26028945713_a51dce704d_o.png

"I don't think so."

26359401060_1fd1dcfa0a_o.png

"I don't know how you managed to get this far into my base without raising any alarms. For that matter, I don't know how you even managed to enter the system. But I really don't care. Torture is so much more effective when you it's somebody else suffering, and your wife has been most uncooperative."

26632650235_d7a7cbd23d_o.png

"No.. Please, no ..."

"It's under control, Silvia." I fixed Girault with an icy gaze. "It won't take but a minute. In fact ..."

If you want to break a standoff, do it in the middle of a sentence. In fact, do it in the middle of a conversation, if you have the option. It delays your opponent's reaction time by a critical fraction of a second.

26359391580_c396b9d192_o.png

I snatched a hammer from the wall and threw it as hard as I could.

26359386780_4d33bacca0_o.png

He fired, of course, but his aim was off and I was already out of the way. Then the hammer struck him in the head and he collapsed limply. Not dead - just out cold.

"... It's already taken care of," I finished. "Let me get you out of that thing, Silvia."

"I can't move," she said weakly. "He's stuffed me full of drugs."

"I know," I said. "T1-N1 had a chat with their computers while I was on my way. I'm so sorry, dearest. I came as fast as I could."

"I'm just glad you made it," she said, sighing with relief as I loosed the restraints. I wrapped her in a cloak and cradled her in my arms. "Just one more thing to do, and then we can be going."

With one arm already full, it was not easy to remove Girault's shirt, or to drag him up onto the torture rack, but I did it. He had loaded Silvia with stims to keep her conscious through the torture session, and the syringe he had been using was almost empty. I injected what was left of them into him, then waited for him to wake up. It only took a few seconds.

"I'm sorry I don't have the time to properly thank you for everything you've done for my wife," I said, "but I hope you'll accept this parting gift. As soon as I'm gone, the Variga will destroy this base, and I don't plan on waiting around, so you probably won't have time to pass out from the pain, but you should be well entertained until you die. Goodbye, Girault."

26539428692_77f704f572_o.png

I pulled the lever, and the machine came to life. With Girault's screams echoing off the metal walls, I carried Silvia out and down the corridor.

"Are there any more pirates here?" she asked.

"I don't think so. T1-N1 sealed off most of the base, and I've lost count of how many people I've killed. My bolter's power clip must be about drained."

She sighed. "I'm so tired. Can I rest now?"

"Yes, dearest." I smiled. "Once we get back to the Variga, we're going to rendezvous with the fleet. They'll patch you up. You're safe now. You can rest all you like."

"Thank you, love. I think I will."

26539423912_43c8955e41_o.png

And she did.

26539419722_c089a9026c_o.png

26026846224_8b45f35789_o.png

This week, I did two new builds that expand on something I did previously. I had more story to tell in this particular location than I could tell in one week, so I came up with some expansions that can stand as a build in their own right. They're in the spoiler.

C&C welcome!

Edited by VK-318

I think you might need to say that the room is re-used. (unless I'm wrong :look: )

You're right. I implied it, but it would be a good idea to specify.

Nice build! I appreciate all the effort you put into your stories - it's a great read every week :classic:

Nice build! I appreciate all the effort you put into your stories - it's a great read every week :classic:

Thanks! :grin: