LegoPercyJ

LEGO Batman Movie CMF Series (2017) Rumors and Discussion

Alfred isn't too far from his appearance in Be-Leagured, the Lego animation except for him having spectacles.

As for his appearance elsewhere the bald head with hair around the sides does look a little like the Batman Animated Series version although this one also didn't have glasses but it may just be that the screencap here was set in the early hours so Alfred donned some specs as his eyes were tired.

Yeah definitely seconded

Oh good, I'm glad to have that entirely necessary concurrence. I was doubting myself for a second there, but I sure am fine now.

Oh good, I'm glad to have that entirely necessary concurrence. I was doubting myself for a second there, but I sure am fine now.

That wasn't what I meant sorry!

I hope what I said a couple of pages back, isn't true. It might just be 1 out of the 16 minifigures and not a Mr. Gold type of thing.

When I saw the gold Batman cowl I immediately thought in a Mr Gold type of character.

Mr. Batman?

Maybe there will be only 5000 :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

That would be grand.

I always thought Mr. Gold was a wonderful frustrating gimmick, and highly marketable.

I never got one (I never tried, actually. Maybe I should have.), but I still appreciate the marketing ploy and minifig itself, so I don't think I'd be against a Gold Batman.

Looks like Batgirl is her version from 1966... I still think that we'll get a lot of different Batman/Robin/Batgirl designs from through the ages would exaplain the incredibly high number of sets + a CMF line.

Yay, 1966 Batgirl! Or at least a purple Batgirl. I thought Robin might've been Carrie Kelley at first, but I remembered that they're doing Grayson's origin in this movie. I don't even know where to begin with that Joker, I was hoping for an Arkham inspired design with pinstripes and venkman hair. I guess we'll just have to wait for better images.

Yay, 1966 Batgirl! Or at least a purple Batgirl. I thought Robin might've been Carrie Kelley at first, but I remembered that they're doing Grayson's origin in this movie. I don't even know where to begin with that Joker, I was hoping for an Arkham inspired design with pinstripes and venkman hair. I guess we'll just have to wait for better images.

I thought it was Carrie Kelley too until you said they're doing Dick's origin here. Maybe they'll still have a bunch of Robins for comedic support or something. :tongue:

That Joker really is strange but he looks like the Beware the Batman version a little bit and Batgirl looks Animated Series inspired.

Edited by Legocity2713

That Robin is almost certainly not Dick Grayson, I've heard nothing about the story but from that image I'd put money on Carrie Kelley being in the film somewhere. Given what we've seen so far and the style of The LEGO Movie I really doubt that they are going to be focuses on DC canon story telling, it's just going to be comedy based on DC franchise so we could see any number of variants of heroes etc.

I'd definitely like that CK Robin though.

I agree that looks like the Series 16 Spy hairpiece, given the glasses connection I'd say it might have been developed with this fig in mind.

All I can say is Michael Cera is voicing Robin, so take that with what you will

To me I just don't see DC signing off on a Robin Design that is obviously based on Carrie Kelley but representing Dick Grayson - there would be too much nerd rage backlash.

However, just because CK's Robin is in the film doesn't mean that DG's isn't. As I said this isn't likely to take much canon story from the comics so I'm predicting several different Robins to feature. Given the nature of the DC universe characters like CK's Robin could even just be Easter eggs throughout the film and the appearance on that banner could just be to do with WB trying to use those Easter eggs for marketing.

Both 60s looking Batgirl and CK could be small roles and therefore perfect CMF fodder.

To everyone thinking this is Carrie Kelley: I see the resemblance, but A) she normally has square glasses, not goggles, B) Robin doesn't have visible "female" lips like Batgirl, and C) Carrie's outfit was directly based off of what Dick Grayson and Jason Todd wore as Robin at the time of her appearance in TDKR. It's not her.

The discussion of those photos is now being carried on in three different topics simultaneously. Please keep it in the LEGO Batman Movie Set Rumors and Discussion thread, so we don't have so much overlap. Thanks.

Your Licensed Moderators, Captain Nemo and myself, have decided to incorporate any further LEGO Batman Movie CMF discussion into a single LEGO Batman Movie discussion thread. Please carry on there.

This topic will now be closed.