LegoPercyJ

LEGO Batman Movie CMF Series (2017) Rumors and Discussion

Have any sources appart from j2g said anything about this? I know lots of people want Superhero CMF lines (myself included) but always assume it won't happen as often the minifigures are used to sell lacklustre sets. If it does turn out to be true I'll be happy regardless of who's included, just as long as it isn't 16-18 variants of Batman.

Edited by Shib

Have any sources appart from j2g said anything about this? I know lots of people want Superhero CMF lines (myself included) but always assume it won't happen as often the minifigures are used to sell lacklustre sets. If it does turn out to be true I'll be happy regardless of who's included, just as long as it isn't 16-18 variants of Batman.

Putting aside the question of whether the sets truly are lackluster, do you really think TLG views them that way - that they intentionally design sets to be lackluster? What purpose would that serve?

I think it's safer to assume they produce things they think will sell, and those can be minifigures as well as larger models. I certainly don't see why there would be a hard and fast rule against so-called "CMFs" of superheroes; any such restrictions on place against them would likely instead be externally mandated by the licensors.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I think there is 75-80% chance of a batman movie CMF series. It's no doubt going to be a blockbuster movie, and Lego will want to capitalize on that. The other way that we might get a lot of different bat suits is a large bat cave/ Wayne manor set with a bunch of minifigures....similar to the ewok village set.

I think there is 75-80% chance of a batman movie CMF series. It's no doubt going to be a blockbuster movie, and Lego will want to capitalize on that. The other way that we might get a lot of different bat suits is a large bat cave/ Wayne manor set with a bunch of minifigures....similar to the ewok village set.

Can't see many of The LEGO Batman Movie's target audience buying such an expensive set though.

Can't see many of The LEGO Batman Movie's target audience buying such an expensive set though.

Isn't the target audience pretty broad, though - and largely the same as that for The LEGO Movie, which got just such a set (Metal Beard's Sea Cow)?

Yes, I agree. The target audience is not just kids nowadays. Take me for example. The Lego movie is largely responsible for re-igniting my interest in Legos....and I'm 36 years old! I think that lots of adults have always had a passion for Legos, however nowadays it's more mainstream. I also believe that Lego is starting to realize this. I think going forward we will see more and larger sets across the board.

Also something to consider is the broad appeal of batman....that will factor in to the success of the Lego Batman movie.

You probably would have said the same thing about The Lego Movie and the Seacow, or Ninjago and the Temple or Airjitzu.

DC owns the rights to action figures of their characters not any particular toy company.

He said disney series 2 will be 2018

I believe he also mentioned Ninjago Movie CMF next year

I believe he also mentioned Ninjago Movie CMF next year

Wow, that is an extremely idiotic decision by LEGO. The LEGO Ninjago Movie doesn't need a CMF line. Either give a CMF line to LEGO Batman Movie or LEGO Ninjago Movie or don't give one to either. To replace Disney series 2 with The LEGO Batman Movie and The LEGO Ninjago Movie CMF series and delaying Disney for a year is so stupid it beggars belief.

Wow, that is an extremely idiotic decision by LEGO. The LEGO Ninjago Movie doesn't need a CMF line. Either give a CMF line to LEGO Batman Movie or LEGO Ninjago Movie or don't give one to either. To replace Disney series 2 with The LEGO Batman Movie and The LEGO Ninjago Movie CMF series and delaying Disney for a year is so stupid it beggars belief.

I doubt it, honestly. I know Ninjago is probably less appealing to lots of AFOLs than either Disney or the regular line, but we're not the target market. Ninjago is actually one of their top five themes; it's massively successful with their core customers (kids), and they're naturally going to want to capitalize on that. A "CMF" line for the movie is a no-brainer. It's not like Disney is going away anytime soon.

Why?? Ninjago is super popular, batman as well, and they wanna throw in a regular minifig series or two in the line up as well, I'm sure.

I don't understand?

I'm with Captain Britain here. Why wouldn't Lego have a CMF series for their movies? Presumably they will both be big, and it wouldn't make sense to not get max profit out of both. Besides, we haven't even seen the CMFs yet, so there's no way to claim the lineups are a waste. I could see both having insane variety.

I'm with Captain Britain here. Why wouldn't Lego have a CMF series for their movies? Presumably they will both be big, and it wouldn't make sense to not get max profit out of both. Besides, we haven't even seen the CMFs yet, so there's no way to claim the lineups are a waste. I could see both having insane variety.

Exactly my thoughts. Ninjago is this year right? Even if it was in the same year I don't see how it's a huge issue and it's only smart from Lego to be launching CMF lines for both their movie releases. They'd be missing out on money if they didn't and at the end of the day that's what they are there to make.

Actually it's the other way round. Disney can wait, surely it would be more profitable and wiser to have the Batman and Ninjago CMF series coincide with their respective films rather than putting them on hold just to let Disney go through?

Personally I'd be happy with a 16 figure Batman CMF line with all variants of Batsuits. ;)

Seriously though... the fact that this is happening at all is fantastic. I can't see the wave of sets being as large as the Lego Movie but it doesn't need to be to give us the full range of characters we've seen in the trailers so far.

Just how many Batman variants and other heroes and villains can we seriously expect with a full set wave and CMF line?

Personally I'd be happy with a 16 figure Batman CMF line with all variants of Batsuits. ;)

Seriously though... the fact that this is happening at all is fantastic. I can't see the wave of sets being as large as the Lego Movie but it doesn't need to be to give us the full range of characters we've seen in the trailers so far.

Just how many Batman variants and other heroes and villains can we seriously expect with a full set wave and CMF line?

I'm very interested to see how they'll do it! I mean The Lego Movie one had a bulk of supporting characters I guess?

Well there's gonna be sets and CMF, so I would expect a lot of batsuits for CMF and other heroes/villains for the sets. I myself can't wait for all the new villain designs, especially Clayface. I wanna get the Clayface

No no, I said I think it'll be 2018, since there's no room in 2017, unless they swap it out with Series 17, which is set to release May 2017.