Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

[SoNE Freebuild 01] The Sacking of Clak'dor VII

Shadows of Nal Eurbrikka Freebuild 01: The Sacking of Clak'dor VII

26509641332_91cdd42f06_c.jpg

Seven years have passed since the dissolution of the Old Republic. Seven arduous years that has seen the steady rise of a new galactic order. A government once welcomed wholeheartedly for it’s promise of peace and order by a war weary populace, has now driven much of the galaxy into a state of fear and oppression. Any and all initial resistance has been crushed mercilessly. While many worlds such as Fondor, Kuat, and Carida flourish under this human centric regime, Imperial xenophobia has led to countless atrocities committed against alien planets and peoples. Hotbeds of rebellion such as Kasshyyyk, New Plympto, and Alzoc 3 have been tamed and punished brutally for their transgressions. Many are disillusioned to believe in the just nature of these actions or remain silent to avoid a similar fate. However a few courageous individuals rise up.

Clak’dor VII, home world of the Bith and an ancient cradle of civilization in the galaxy, is a planet famous for it’s rich culture and promotion of artistic thought. The pacifistic Bith in particular are fanatical proponents of free speech and are known for being quite vocal when these rights are suppressed. Although once supporters of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the end of the Clone Wars ushered in a radical new planetary government and a seat in the reorganized Galactic Senate. In the seventh year of the Empire Clak’dor’s primary Senator, Fereden Daggar, was a rising voice in the Imperial Senate for expressing outrage at the atrocities carried out by the Imperial Military. Using the extensive influence and respect his civilization had, and still has, on the galactic stage Senator Daggar decided to form a coalition of senators. The initial goal of the coalition was to draft a set of laws passing control of the military from Emperor Palpatine to the Senate itself.

While immediately falling under the Emperor’s direct scrutiny, Senator Daggar was not seen as a major threat. A year passed and the coalition grew. Given Daggar’s well-known integrity, the Emperor offered him a deal, believing he could use the senator to his own advantage. If Daggar denounced the coalition’s plans in front of the senate during a galactic wide broadcast, Clak’dor VII would be spared the Empire’s ire. The Emperor believed Daggar’s public shift of support could do much to assuage nonconforming members, such as the Bith, to accept Imperial rule without the use of unnecessary force. Not expecting the Emperor to attack such a high profile and beloved world as his, Daggar agreed seeing the potential of being shown across the Galaxy.

Palpatine personally attends the session of senate that Daggar is to address. In his speech, instead of promoting his coalition’s agenda, Daggar uses his podium to criticize every aspect of Imperial rule including the façade of the Senate. Before the feed is cut he exclaims that only a revolution and change back to a democratic government could restore the natural freedoms all sentient beings have a right to. Infuriated Palpatine has Daggar immediately imprisoned but does not have him executed. Instead Daggar is brought in shackles with the Imperial fleet sent to Clak’dor VII, and is forced to watch as each major city faces the full wrath of the Empire and it’s newly built Imperial class Star Destroyers. No dissidents escape retaliation in these dark times as his Majesty Emperor Palpatine continues to consolidate and strengthen Imperial rule over the galaxy unopposed.

12 BBY: Clakdor VII's Capital City of Lal'tlaos

26019939924_d01816b31e_z.jpg

26020053504_d0dfd473ab_t.jpg

“Admiral Kelso, the Resurgent and Victory have broken through the interior shell dome and are in firing range of the city. What are your orders Sir?”

26599583126_64e9a46181_t.jpg

“Excellent! Captain Piett and Captain Talzar are to commence bombardment of the city immediately. Instruct them to dispatch every available tie squadron to prevent the escape of any inhabitants fleeing by ship. We want to make it clear that dissidents will be shown no quarter. One more thing Commander Needa, inform his majesty that the Bith’s capital city will soon be nothing more then dust and ruin.”

26020053504_d0dfd473ab_t.jpg

“Yes Sir!”

26560372571_7e95f0ed4e_z.jpg
26599589476_71c5e22403_t.jpg

"Loose formation Feldoon Squadron and engage all ships, no one makes it off this rock. Don't worry about evasives, these civvies aren't firing back!"

26560377361_cfe13c3f81_z.jpg
26020053994_544940c4d3_t.jpg

“These new Star Destroyers are performing beyond our wildest expectations Admiral.”

26599583126_64e9a46181_t.jpg

“Do not become overconfident with the success of our fleet Captain Ozzel. We are claiming victory over a pacifistic people! We have yet to see how well these new vessels Kuat Drive Yards have designed match up in actual combat. Still I doubt there is a force in the galaxy that can withstand the sheer power these titans are capable of any more then the Bith are. Isn’t that right Senator? Enjoy the show but do now worry we still have several more cities to visit.”

26532843992_b71f2f0a4c_t.jpg

"So much unneeded destruction...so many lives lost! The waste of it! All my fault, all mine to bear."

26560388611_8cbc0626ab_z.jpg
26599577606_7f52f6e28f_t.jpg

"Calm little one we are almost free"

25997375354_897c9ee425_z.jpg
26020048744_2c40bda8f1_t.jpg

"Hurry Dann! The Offworlders will surely learn that these ancient sewers exist and send their white armored death squads after us!"

While the city above burned and the Imperials carried out the horrific onslaught many groups escaped through long forgotten tunnels. Sewers carved long before the nuclear wars that ravaged Clak'dor VII's surface many many millennia ago. Bith such as Forresto Dosai would leave their homeworld to make new lives on populated worlds such as Fondor, Lothal, or even as far into the outer rim as Tatooine.

This MOC is designed to provide three different scenes, the two primary ones work as a forced perspective. This is why the slope in front of the hillside the Imperials are standing on is a bit bare, as it's only purpose is to cleanly create a slope to the platform the officers are watching the "battle" from.

I apologize for the poor photography, after building this MOC I realized there is a limit to my photo setup. Future entries and free builds may be smaller because of this.

26021206324_78bf947aa0_c.jpg
26625756255_2b42cd39dd_c.jpg26625765035_c321a57879_c.jpg

If you wish to see many more pictures of the MOC please feel free to visit my

Flickr Photostream

Edited by Forresto

Wow, this is very nicely done! I like the FP shots a lot!!

Oh yezzz. :wub: The sheer wall of text story is very well done. The build is stellar. The mixing of scales and the forced perspective shots bring lots of life and movement to the scene. An overconfident Ozzel? It wouldn't be Star Wars without one! On the whole, excellent job :thumbup: and I can't wait for the next installment of the story!

The Forced Perspective is amazing and I really like the look of the planet. I'm used to earth like looks (Blue sky green grass) but the pink sky makes it look so much more Star Wars

Great story and build!

The forced perspective looks great. Really love that first pic even though the distant bit might be a bit too blurry for the ships.

The background colour, ships and city are all very well done. Like that backpack of Dann too

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! I will definitely be continuing the story in light of all this positive feedback :classic: