Mike S

Jack Bain's house in Stormhaven

The log of Captain Aiden Coyle. 24th April 616:

It did not seem that I would get any takers for the position of Mayor of Stormhaven so I sent Jack Bain to build a house there and take over the position should no other qualified applicant step forward. With reports of Oleon activity on the island nearby, I knew Jack would be capable of maintaining Corrington's presence in Stormhaven no matter what Oleon threw at him. Unfortunately he does not seem happy with his post in Stormhaven and evidently took his displeasure out on some of King Philip's emissaries. I have sent a report to Admiral Woodbrose explaining Jack's actions as a case of mistaking the Oleon emissaries as Oleon spies.

END OF ENTRY

26348569850_e36b21fd8d_c.jpg

26348566920_3c53180a2b_c.jpg

26016299224_044994d6fb_c.jpg

26529143352_2d11cb629a_c.jpg26621823845_b52d0dbb10_c.jpg

26348562930_3251a55180_c.jpg26621821955_322abce3d8_c.jpg

Edited by Mike S

Excellent soil texturing and a nice house although a tad bit modern for my taste pirate_tong.gif

And what SURELY DOESN'T fit my taste is the mistreating of Oleon emissaries! According to our customary laws lost though eternity, ALL emissaries are sacred. Prepare to pay the consequences should anything similar happens again!!! Now let's mourn our three poor souls lost while on duty... Holy Zeus...

Lovely build. Great ground texturing, a very nice house, amazing colour choice and those plants are superb!

A very interesting house indeed! The building technique is amazing, especially the roof. I do understands blackdeathgr's point though...

Beautiful seaside house!

Loved the barrels stand and the beach underneath..!! :wub:

From the other side.. get ready to pay your debts for our beloved wasted troops..pirate_pirate_angry.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

By the Zeus you will regret that act!! :cannon:

Very cool House, espevially the roof!

Nice vegetation as well

Really nice house Mike S, it does look a tad modern but so what? pirate_laugh2.gif The roof is great. Love the curved stairs and curtains in the interior too! And the beach and plants give this a really cool look! :thumbup:

Oh, and I really like what you did to the Oleon spies, too. pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

The house and the idea of the house are really great in itself and so is how you carried it out. However, I wondered if the windows and the tan tiles might not give this build to much of a modern touch.

This is a good build. I especially love the base and the stilting of the house. Storyline is fun as well. ugh.gif The roofing technique and the spiral staircase are well done also.

I am loving these houses on stilts, and when I get back to my bricks, I think I will make a few builds for Stormhaven. Its specific style makes it very inspiring, I think, and you are really executing it well! Those mangroves below the stilts are great too. It is a shame

I can see why some would find this build rather modern looking, but I think that is due to its elegant simplicity. I can't see why this wouldn't be considered period appropriate, considering the techniques involved in its construction. pirate_blush.gif

The story is very amusing too, and those Olean spies surely had it coming! I just hope the Oleanders will understand that they brought his upon themselves! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

A really beautiful house! I feel it fits perfectly - it has an airy sort of feel you see in the tropics. The curtains stand out as a great detail for me, as well as the staircase and roof.

Like Bregir I find the idea of Stormhaven all being built on slits over mangroves very appealing. I love the idea of interconnecting board walks and you execute them really well.

Speaking of executing I love the dialogue between Jack and the Olean Officer! Surely they had it coming demanding a gift.... especially given the founders well known feelings for Olean!

I have ordered some mangrove parts and when I get a chance I shall also give this style a go!

Excellent soil texturing and a nice house although a tad bit modern for my taste pirate_tong.gif

And what SURELY DOESN'T fit my taste is the mistreating of Oleon emissaries! According to our customary laws lost though eternity, ALL emissaries are sacred. Prepare to pay the consequences should anything similar happens again!!! Now let's mourn our three poor souls lost while on duty... Holy Zeus...

Very nice modern looking sea side house. :classic:

Really nice house Mike S, it does look a tad modern but so what? pirate_laugh2.gif The roof is great. Love the curved stairs and curtains in the interior too! And the beach and plants give this a really cool look! :thumbup:

Oh, and I really like what you did to the Oleon spies, too. pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

The house and the idea of the house are really great in itself and so is how you carried it out. However, I wondered if the windows and the tan tiles might not give this build to much of a modern touch.

I am loving these houses on stilts, and when I get back to my bricks, I think I will make a few builds for Stormhaven. Its specific style makes it very inspiring, I think, and you are really executing it well! Those mangroves below the stilts are great too. It is a shame

I can see why some would find this build rather modern looking, but I think that is due to its elegant simplicity. I can't see why this wouldn't be considered period appropriate, considering the techniques involved in its construction. pirate_blush.gif

The story is very amusing too, and those Olean spies surely had it coming! I just hope the Oleanders will understand that they brought his upon themselves! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

A really beautiful house! I feel it fits perfectly - it has an airy sort of feel you see in the tropics. The curtains stand out as a great detail for me, as well as the staircase and roof.

Like Bregir I find the idea of Stormhaven all being built on slits over mangroves very appealing. I love the idea of interconnecting board walks and you execute them really well.

Speaking of executing I love the dialogue between Jack and the Olean Officer! Surely they had it coming demanding a gift.... especially given the founders well known feelings for Olean!

I have ordered some mangrove parts and when I get a chance I shall also give this style a go!

Thanks for the comments! I think Bregir is right and also that perhaps time itself is the factor why it seems modern. New construction always looks a bit modern.

Lovely build. Great ground texturing, a very nice house, amazing colour choice and those plants are superb!

A very interesting house indeed! The building technique is amazing, especially the roof. I do understands blackdeathgr's point though...

Beautiful seaside house!

Loved the barrels stand and the beach underneath..!! :wub:

From the other side.. get ready to pay your debts for our beloved wasted troops..pirate_pirate_angry.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

By the Zeus you will regret that act!! :cannon:

Coming all the way to demand tribute from Stormhaven?

Suicidal actions, I would say.

Lovely house too pir_laugh2.gif

Very cool House, espevially the roof!

Nice vegetation as well

This is a good build. I especially love the base and the stilting of the house. Storyline is fun as well. ugh.gif The roofing technique and the spiral staircase are well done also.

Thank you all!

Excellent and very clean build, Mike S, great job on both the interior and exterior of the house (I'll agree with the others that the stairs and curtains are definitely some highlights!), and the stilts and walkways over the beach and mangrove trees are superb! pirate_satisfied.gif Great job all around! pirate_wink.gif

Beautiful house. I like that you included an interior, but it seems that without that load bearing wall the roof is sagging just a little! The way that you did the curtains is simple but extremely effective.

I love the idea of a settlement built on stilts in a swamp. I think it's brilliant and should open up all sorts of interesting possibilities. I'm hoping to see more MOCs in this settlement soon!

The SNOT tiling gives a great wooden planking effect and I absolutely love how you set it on stilts default_wubnew.gif Wonderful water and mangrove trees too.

Plus you included a great interior with curving staircase and even shutters behind the windows!

Edited by soccerkid6

To Aiden Coyle

Dated 27th April in the 616th year After Empire

Sir, I have recently seen a sketch of the new mayoral house at Storm Haven and must congratulate you on its fine design. However, I have also heard reports of an incident with some Oleon emmisaries which is most unfortunate. May I remind you we are not at war with Oleon and the The Queen's stated policy is for peace. Please endeavour to make amends to the local Oleon governor in whatever way you can.

Yours in considerable irritation, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands

Excellent and very clean build, Mike S, great job on both the interior and exterior of the house (I'll agree with the others that the stairs and curtains are definitely some highlights!), and the stilts and walkways over the beach and mangrove trees are superb! pirate_satisfied.gif Great job all around! pirate_wink.gif

Beautiful house. I like that you included an interior, but it seems that without that load bearing wall the roof is sagging just a little! The way that you did the curtains is simple but extremely effective.

I love the idea of a settlement built on stilts in a swamp. I think it's brilliant and should open up all sorts of interesting possibilities. I'm hoping to see more MOCs in this settlement soon!

The SNOT tiling gives a great wooden planking effect and I absolutely love how you set it on stilts default_wubnew.gif Wonderful water and mangrove trees too.

Plus you included a great interior with curving staircase and even shutters behind the windows!

That's a cosy looking house and well build!

Thank you all!

To Aiden Coyle

Sir, I have recently seen a sketch of the new mayoral house at Storm Haven and must congratulate you on its fine design. However, I have also heard reports of an incident with some Oleon emmisaries which is most unfortunate. May I remind you we are not at war with Oleon and the The Queen's stated policy is for peace. Please endeavour to make amends to the local Oleon governor in whatever way you can.

Yours in considerable irritation, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands

To Major Howard,

I must admit to being surprised by your letter but I do understand your confusion as there not being as yet an official mayor of Stormhaven. However it seems that Jack Bain is now the official mayor of Stormhaven and all correspondence concerning Stormhaven should be directed to him.

As to your concerns, I do not feel that the incident was unjust however unfortunate it was. While the Queen's stated policy is for peace, she does not wish for us to roll over and hand over more territory to Oleon. Oleon seems intent on staking claims as close to Corrington interests as possible of late especially with their claiming of an island that logically should be a part of Serentia. I can figure no other explanation for this behavior other than preparation for further invasions into Corrington territories. I also can think of no other reason why Oleon should have sent emissaries to Stormhaven other than they were seeking to stir up trouble.

Aiden Coyle

To Mr Jack Bain

Sir, I have recently received reports of an incident with some Oleon emmisaries which is most unfortunate. May I remind you we are not at war with Oleon. It seems Oleon troops were trespassing on Corrington sovereign territory and that is a serious incident. However it should be dealt with through the proper diplomatic channels not through vigilante action. If you feel you need military reinforcements to secure the island please let me know through private channels, otherwise please refrain from taking the law into your own hands.

Yours, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands

Fantastic work here, Mike! The wood paneling is lovely and I really like the curving staircase in the interior thumbup.gif

Wonderful roof and wooden walkway too pirate_classic.gif

To Mr Jack Bain

Sir, I have recently received reports of an incident with some Oleon emmisaries which is most unfortunate. May I remind you we are not at war with Oleon. It seems Oleon troops were trespassing on Corrington sovereign territory and that is a serious incident. However it should be dealt with through the proper diplomatic channels not through vigilante action. If you feel you need military reinforcements to secure the island please let me know through private channels, otherwise please refrain from taking the law into your own hands.

Yours, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands

To Major Howard,

I apologize if my actions have offended you. I do admit my actions were rash but the timing of the Oleon visit was the most unfortunate. I was in a foul mood and the expectation of a gift from me was a grievous insult.

I must disagree with you however of refraining to take the law in my own hands. As the mayor of Stormhaven, I am the hand of law in Stormhaven. I believe my only error was in the manner with which I dealt with the incident, not in dealing with the incident itself. Should another similar incident occur, I shall have the trespassers arrested and hold a formal sentencing for their crimes.

I do not see the need of military reinforcements at this time as I am expecting a private force from the mainland but I will assuredly contact you should Oleon garrison the nearby island.

Sincerely,

Mayor Jack Bain

Fantastic work here, Mike! The wood paneling is lovely and I really like the curving staircase in the interior thumbup.gif

Wonderful roof and wooden walkway too pirate_classic.gif

Thanks!

Lovely house. It brings back fond memories of "Near Seclusion" in the Outer Banks. The angular position on the base is nice and being built on stilts provides a very good view of the beach. Those plants fit the scene well too. The interior is really nice, although the lighting makes it look a bit drab. And as for those "blues", well, what did they expect to come marching in with such demands...

Good work. :classic: