Studied the building instructions and it confirm this is an amazing build "Madoca 1977"!!! We already has established that, I know, but nonetheless... :wink:

The way you use the parts and the way to manage to squeeze it all in there is phenomenal! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub: :wub:

Fully agree! Amazing technique we can teach from our Japan friend :thumbup:

Thanks! :wink:

As you see on the step 90, I used the profile of 42030S 16:9 v2.4.

It was not my intention.

I first used Joysticks & Sliders v3.2 while testing FJ in my room. But it didn't work when I start shooting the video. Moreover, I couldn't download that profile again. So I had to select another profile which could control four functions properly.

The profile for Volvo works fine. You can control FJ like I did in the video. Does anyone know why Joysticks & Sliders doesn't work? Or, is it just a problem of my iPhone?

I am busy on finding affordable color combination for this amazing MOC, as my next build. I ended up with ICON tuned version, again... :tongue: 

I would like to share the result, maybe some will find it useful. Huge thanks for IK84 for the base model on Mecabricks: http://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/EMgaXKwevz0

Cheers!

640x429.jpg640x423.jpg

Edited by agrof

It looks very good Agrof, the color scheme looks nice to me; i have also found a FJ40 which seems to match Madoca´s version perfectly,  and i must say that i like it:

1977_Toyota_FJ45_UNIMOG_Axles_For_Sale_r

The ultimate Porsche Toyota is in progress... amazing building style, each bit is pure joy. :cry_happy: Thank You Madoca!

800x463.jpg

Edited by agrof

Hello All,

finally I could take some time to document my version of this top-notch piece of engineering.

• I wanted to make a new-school design, also I decided for LBG as main color, mainly because the #3 and #44 connectors, and to make it more affordable for myself. Of course it looks great too: simple, elegant, yet rough. (ICON? You can bet.) 
  • To achieve a modern look, I modified the bodywork, doors, rollcage, front grill, many tiny details and conncetions... the chassis is basically the same.
  • I replaced the front hubs by the Porsche/CLAAS ones (they were surprisingly affordable at S&H couple of month ago), not because this makes the front axle more rigid, I just wanted to have a more homogen look.
  • The control takes place via normal IR, for serving the juice I chose rechargable 9V battery with MiniZip cable. This setup can last for 30-45 minutes continous hardcore drive, which perfectly fits to my playing needs.
  • Despite the usage of the differentials, this MOC climbs really-really well, I was surprised how powerful it is. The only small drawback is maybe the noticable backlash in the steering system, but this is something, what belongs to LEGO - not really an issue.
  • Bigger pictures are available HERE.

@Madoca 1977 Hat-off for this cunning, elegant, iconic masterpiece, and for sharing it!

I am very thankful and dare to say, I own the perfect Off-road LEGO vehicle I was always dreaming about. Advanced technical trails anyone? - Yes, please! :wub:

800x384.jpg

800x374.jpg

800x395.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

Edited by agrof
grammar, as usual - picture update

Absolutely cool! :thumbup: It is always interesting to see a MOC developed from original concept by different builder. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Madoca for this stunning MOC and free instructions! Here is my version: 

Mod of rm8's Toyota FJ40 by Madoca. FJ40 Crawler MOD

Much better than mine! :wub_drool: Thank you for sharing a beautiful picture. It is great to know that rm8's original FJ40 had a potential for evolving its concept furthermore. I am happy to be a part of that process.

7 hours ago, Madoca 1977 said:

Much better than mine! :wub_drool: Thank you for sharing a beautiful picture. It is great to know that rm8's original FJ40 had a potential for evolving its concept furthermore. I am happy to be a part of that process.

It is an honor for me to hear that from a master Madoca! Glad you like it! 
You and rm8 give as terrific creations and inspiration!

4 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

@agrof and @FX6000 I really love both your editions of @Madoca 1977 MOD of @rm8 FJ40 Crawler...amazing!!! :thumbup: :wub:

This most certainly is a chain reaction right? :laugh:

Thank you!  Yep, hope somebody else will offer his version :)