JDL1967

For members and staff please read this

I was the first one ho has started the little technic build in a topic. But this was a JOKE..!! Now there are a lot of members ho have copy it. And it seams to me like more EB members also, that it get a bit anoing by now. So if there are members who want to go on with little technic builds, maybe the staff can tell you in witch forum you can continue this, and as i said in another topic maybe you can call it TECHNIC NANO or something like that, so other members no, that its about LITTLE TECHNIC BUILD AND NOT REGULAIR TECHNIC BUILDS. I also had seen the fun of it when i started it. But i can also fully understand the members that think it is anoing by now. Lets go in to the normal way of technic building, or ask the staff where you can post the TECHNIC NANO...

Again it was just a little joke, so i hope you all can see it that way and treet it like a joke.

My topic was fun in the beginning, but now i ask the Staff can you lock it? The fun of the joke is done by now i think..

Tnx JDL1967

Edited by JDL1967

I think the solution is easy : All such threads need to be combined into a single one.

Yes, I agree fully with you that the original thread (yours) was fun, but all others were ... well ... 'annoying'. How many times can u tell the same joke and have people laugh at it?

I think the solution is easy : All such threads need to be combined into a single one.

Yes, I agree fully with you that the original thread (yours) was fun, but all others were ... well ... 'annoying'. How many times can u tell the same joke and have people laugh at it?

I think part of it is "joke" but part of it are some very clever builds with imagination. We've seen HOG steering, some clever tractor trailer trucks and even a easily recognizable tank (very clever).

I think there is a place for these builds, in Technic, not sure where, maybe a thread where anyone can add a nano or micro build. But don't just throw it out as "the joke is over".

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

Thats exectly wat i mean. I dont want to that a joke i have made, will become anoing. And it is op to the staff to take the right steps.

This is exectly what i mean. I dont want that a joke i have made, will be anoing. And it is up to the Staff to take the right steps.

If you guys don't like something, don't look at it.

JDL, you can't control what other people do so don't yell at people not to do what they want to with their free time and don't tell the staff how to handle it.

Build whatever Tiny MOCs you want, everybody. If Jim thinks it's out of control, he will merge them into one topic.

For those who find it annoying, don't look at it. The Internet is much like TV. If you don't want to see something, you change the channel. You don't like Tiny Technic MOCs (TTMs)? Don't click on the topics. Simple as that.

JDL, watch your temper.

^ Should you be offended by someone asking for moderation, especially since similar request came from multiple members?

Although I'd choose slightly moderated way to say it, I agree with JDL and I understand his feelings. Nobody force me to explore these threads, that's correct. What bothers me though is searching for non-pointless threads within this flood of similar (and often trashy to be honest) threads. Clarity of the forum page suffers from this and eventhough some of the microbuilds can be nice, I feel that certain people started topics only to exhibit themselves, trying to repeat the one time joke. Of course no fix line can be drawn but to certain extent, reasonable man can distinguish 'valuable' tiny MOC from poor (repeated) joke attempt.

I feel that certain people started topics only to exhibit themselves, trying to repeat the one time joke.

Ignoring them is probably the quickest way to make it stop. In that sense, a thread like this one doesn't help as it only draws more attention to the issue. Report it and trust the moderators to handle it (or leave it alone). We take all reports seriously.

If you guys don't like something, don't look at it.

I only can say, that a little bit of respect is in order.!!

JDL, you can't control what other people do so don't yell at people not to do what they want to with their free time and don't tell the staff how to handle it.

Build whatever Tiny MOCs you want, everybody. If Jim thinks it's out of control, he will merge them into one topic.

For those who find it annoying, don't look at it. The Internet is much like TV. If you don't want to see something, you change the channel. You don't like Tiny Technic MOCs (TTMs)? Don't click on the topics. Simple as that.

JDL, watch your temper.

A little bit of respect for a member should be in order. I dont have a temper, i just placed what i had to say in a topic.

Edited by JDL1967

Ignoring them is probably the quickest way to make it stop.

No, the best way to make it stop is to simply lock the topics. Obviously, some people can't be trusted to leave well enough alone.

This isn't meant as a joke or an insult, so in the kindest way possible - welcome to the Internet, JDL.

You do something others find amusing (which you should rightly be happy about), other people like it, they copy you and propagate it, other people find it funny, they copy and propagate it, etc. and all of a sudden a meme is made - or, put less grammatically correct but perhaps more appropriately, a meme is you. Anyone who's seen it already becomes tired of it while those who haven't seen it instantly love it.

The point is, generally speaking (i.e. IP issues notwithstanding) once it's in the public domain it's out of your hands. That also means that you should not feel bad in any way because other people are tired of it; that's up to them, not you.

It's in the lap of the gmods now.

Edited by Jay Psi

The topics don't need to be locked. I don't care if there are 500 reports about the topics, they do not violate the Site Guidelines. We are not here to stop people from annoying other people when they're having fun. This is a difference of opinion. If you do not like the topics, do not look at them.

I don't find it offensive that moderation has been requested but I do think there's a misplaced sense of entitlement that any member would think we would lock a topic where someone is having a good time just because that member finds it annoying. That's not what we're here for. If Jim disagrees, then he will lock them or merge them or whatever. I trust him to run this forum because he does a great job. My view of it is that it's not out of control, people are having fun which is actually harmless and people who find it annoying can either ignore it or post MOCs that you feel are productive.

Your opinion is your opinion and you can't control what other people do. What is in your control is exactly your own actions, nothing else. So choose actions that make you feel good and hopefully make a positive contribution to the community...even if you think someone else's contribution is negative. It's a community, you have to learn to deal with minor differences of opinion.

I think, and I hope I speak for many, the main 'annoying' reason is not the topics themselves. But so far I counted 4-5 such topics and they tend to push the more 'serious' threads down. No objection about content and not here to 'police' what others are posting. Again, just a single thread consolidating all these would be 'better' ... imho, naturally.

Hello JDL1967...

Sorry my was a joke from April 1 from another forum.

See the date of the video.

I just thought it would fit in well with your joke ...

I hope it does you not annoyed ...

...Again, just a single thread consolidating all these would be 'better' ... imho, naturally.

I did an attempt to start such a single thread: http://www.eurobrick...opic=130522&hl=

Anyone who feels the need to post tiny mocs could consider doing so under that thread.

Edited by Didumos69

Yeah, I'm all for locking them. It was funny once.

What's to stop anyone else creating a mess of similar junk, encouraged by the moderators saying "if you don't like it, don't look at it". It would quickly turn this sub-forum into a mess of hundreds of "threads" as people competed to post the longest shaggy dog story or whatever... told with Technic to make it on topic.

Can we at least try to keep the sub-forum usable to people who don't have the "hide this thread" and "hide all from this poster" plug-ins?

I think, and I hope I speak for many, the main 'annoying' reason is not the topics themselves. But so far I counted 4-5 such topics and they tend to push the more 'serious' threads down. No objection about content and not here to 'police' what others are posting. Again, just a single thread consolidating all these would be 'better' ... imho, naturally.

This is exactly the problem. 'If you don't like them, don't look at them' doesn't really work when they have flooded the whole first page of topics. I already didn't like the lack of moderation in the Porsche topic or should I say 'nag about the price of a Lego set' for 40 pages , to which the solution seems to be from moderators 'I'll just make a new topic when more news is made public.' Yet before that happens it's still the only topic where I can read new stuff about the set.

No offence to Jim, he's a busy man and does a pretty good job, but I think the Technic section could use a second moderator of topics. I might speak only for myself here, but this forum has hardly been any fun to visit the past couple of weeks.

While peoples do not offended, let the information flow) I don't feel any discomfort about 5-10 new topics that share some fresh ideas. And anyway - i see all topics that i don't read yet. no matter which page they are located. So i don't see any problem)

Well this seems increasingly to be the way of the world. You don't like something it's no longer enough to just ignore it. Now people want to ban it for everyone else who might find enjoyment in it. If people want to post lots of mini mocs and people want to moan about the price of the porsche then that's what they want to do. Who is anyone to say it should be moderated against just because they personally find it annoying. Lighten up.

I read all the posts in this thread and honestly, not sure if there is a consensus one way or another. For what it is worth here are my thoughts:

@JDL1967 - I did not think that you initial post in this thread was rude. I can only assume that you received some PMs from some members (not me) that they thought you were laying the nano, or micro, or whatever posts on a little thick. Or just began something a little, in their opinion, annoying. You responded, IMO, with courtesy and according to the consideration of other members and I think that is the exact way to respond on a forum like this. At least out of a consideration of the members of the site/forum. If others saw your initial post as abrasive, I wonder (and please don't take this the wrong way) if it had more to do with a language barrier issue than a rudeness issue. I encourage others to at least consider this possibility. I did not see your response as rude at all.

I am all for aggregating all "nano" or "micro" or whatever builds into one thread. I think these builds are cute, interesting, and can even inspire some interesting connections/methods of building. In one thread such posts will become known and predictable and therefore if people dont want to look, it will be easy for them not to. But when there are multiple, then it is difficult (unless we also qualify each post with something like "mini, micro, nano") to ascertain if it is a larger, normal MOC or one of these nano types. Therefore, I am not for posting new ones every time someone wants to post one. Combine them into one..... that is great. I may even add one of my own later today.

Well this seems increasingly to be the way of the world. You don't like something it's no longer enough to just ignore it. Now people want to ban it for everyone else who might find enjoyment in it. If people want to post lots of mini mocs and people want to moan about the price of the porsche then that's what they want to do. Who is anyone to say it should be moderated against just because they personally find it annoying. Lighten up.

Enjoyment is fine and banning is a whole different beast, but there is something like pushing a joke too far and overusing it. Like posting 5 topics in one day (not from one poster), about some "MOCs" that consist of nothing more than 5 pieces put together, which follow a couple of posts with the exact same jokes as the other topics. But hey, if you find that kind of stuff funny, especially 5+ times in a row, be my quest. I don't. Did I vent my opinion in said topics? Nah, I actually did ignore it, but since this topic is about the issue, I vent my opinion. I am sure Jim would have already fused the micro builds into one topic, but he's probably very busy, hence why I think there should be a second topic moderator to share the load. And no, this is not me applying for the job.

The micro MOC topics aren't much different than beating a dead horse in the Porsche topic with 40 pages of people who nag about the price. Like the joke in the micro build topics the opinion about the price has been noted, does it really need to be said 80 more times then? I don't think so, it clutters up a topic that had decent information in it with people reverse engineering half the model and other tid bits of actual information. Which results in people not reading said good information, because they don't want to read through 50 pages of a topic while 40 pages of that are useless. So ya, from a moderating perspective, it's a problem imo.

I have merged the micro build topics into the Tiny MOC Collection, and I have added it to the Index.

I am sure Jim would have already fused the micro builds into one topic, but he's probably very busy, hence why I think there should be a second topic moderator to share the load.

Normally I am not far away, so there's no need to share the load. And if members use the report button, other moderators (or admins) will see the issue at hand and can also help out (I do that in other forums as well).