Garmadon

Eslandolan Ship Builders... Humph!

26558920786_687b649e23_z.jpg

Yawn! The director of one of Terreli's best shipyards leaned back in his armchair and was drowsily fighting off an overwhelming sensation that sleep would, just then, be a highly desirable thing. However, just as he had really decided that there was no point fighting it any longer, the door burst open and another customer strode in. Siting up with an effort, the director observed an ETWC captain with a huge hat and quite a uniform standing before him. Humph.

25979794694_20222c36ac_z.jpg

"Sir," exclaimed the Captain, "I must say that this is becoming absolutely ridiculous! Simply because I ordered the fastest ship yet to sail to the opposite side of the Sea of Storms is no reason whatsoever that it should take such an incredibly lengthy time to build it! Two months, I'll say! One to build the thing, and the other to go through whatever rest of the process you people do. I said on the double, sir! Absolutely ridiculous!"

"I am quite sorry for the delay sir," replied the ship builder with affected meekness, "but I am afraid that, even on the double, there is no conceivable way such a vessel could be prepared in less than one month more. You know the saying," he looked up an grinned, "the tide and the ship builder hurry for no man."

"I know nothing of the sort!" replied the Captain, "you made that saying up yourself but five seconds ago!" And with that he emptied a pile of gold coins onto the table.

26311746170_c1ea871d38_z.jpg

"Why in that case," replied the other, "In that case there shall be no problem whatever! Your ship shall be ready tomorrow!"

26492329562_693ef36510_z.jpg

"Eslandolan ship builders!" laughed the Captain on his way out, "Humph!"

The clock and desk:

26584978845_51cf8f9498_z.jpg

Seems like I've finally got this started, phew! This was a quick and fun little build, but I hope to get that ship which I worked on for a lot longer up soon!

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome! :pir-wink::pir-sweet:

Oh nice paneling, and I like the exchange that took place, does that mean we'll be expecting a ship to appear tomorrow?

Fun story, fun build!

One thing though, I've actually tried the same wall technique before, and I think it works better with 1*4s instead of 1*2s as it leaves less gaps. Or you maybe stick some paper to the back of it as light shining through the slits is kinda annoying.

Lovely office, Garmadon! Love all about it, my favorite being the rather unusual 'emblem' default_wubnew.gif

For money and riches and profit and shareholder value!

You have one day to post that ship now! default_laugh_new.gif

Great office vig! The dark red walls look very ... rich.

Ha, ha, thanks Capt Wolf! I'll let the director know about the dark red - it would make any Eslandolan's day! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

The clock looks very nice! Also the wall looks cool! Nice one!

Thanks Alfadas! The clock and bookshelf were actually from a build I did for the MA earlier this week, but I liked them so much I used them again here! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Oh nice paneling, and I like the exchange that took place, does that mean we'll be expecting a ship to appear tomorrow?

pirate_wink.gif Thank BrickOn!

Nice atmosphere, love the furniture, and Nice story :wink:

Thanks Titus! pirate_classic.gif

Fun story, fun build!

One thing though, I've actually tried the same wall technique before, and I think it works better with 1*4s instead of 1*2s as it leaves less gaps. Or you maybe stick some paper to the back of it as light shining through the slits is kinda annoying.

Thanks kabel, and good point about the light! If I had realized it would come through that much I would have built a black backdrop to cover them up before (which is usually what I do with problems of this sort pir_laugh2.gif), I'll keep that and your advice about the 1x4's in mind for next time! And boy, if I ever use this wall technique again I will make absolutely sure before taking pictures that there is really not a breath of wind outside! (Note to self - build more stable MOCs! pirate_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif)

Lovely office, Garmadon! Love all about it, my favorite being the rather unusual 'emblem' default_wubnew.gif

For money and riches and profit and shareholder value!

You have one day to post that ship now! default_laugh_new.gif

Thanks KB! pirate_satisfied.gif That (and the entire border, really) was actually one of my favorite bits as well! And hooray for money and riches and profit and shareholder value! default_laugh_new.gifdefault_rofl.gif

And about that ship - editing the background out of fully rigged ships is almost as bad as rigging them in the first place! default_laugh2.gif It's finally ready now though, so it should be up soon!

Excellent vig Garmadon, I really like the walls and the furniture too! Quite a humorous story as well! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Brilliant office, Garmadon. The wall-technique is looking good, although it does seem very fragile. I like the furniture, especially the clock.

It should, of course, come as no surprise that Eslandian officials are inefficient and only work if bribed... Typical for those mercantilist bureaucrats! pirate_wink.gif

I always liked those small but well executed scenes. This one is no exception.

Where should I start? The wall looks very nice. The chair and desk are nicely built as well. The bookshelf looks really "dynamic" (not really the word I was looking for, but... just not boring but nice). And that clock is just fantastic, definitely something to steal from.

Also nice storytelling, I like it!

Excellent vig Garmadon, I really like the walls and the furniture too! Quite a humorous story as well! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks Kai! I had the story in mind for quite a while and really built this just because of that, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Beautiful office! Loved the floor and the wall decoration!

Thanks Mpyro! That's one of my favorite floor techniques as well! pirate_wink.gif

Brilliant office, Garmadon. The wall-technique is looking good, although it does seem very fragile. I like the furniture, especially the clock.

It should, of course, come as no surprise that Eslandian officials are inefficient and only work if bribed... Typical for those mercantilist bureaucrats! pirate_wink.gif

Thanks Bregir! And yes, fragile would be the word for this wall technique! pirate_laugh2.gif About Eslandolan officials though - most certainly not! I'm sure it would have taken Corries way longer to just measure the stuff before they even started! pirate_tong.gif

Very fine build - and funny/good story too!

Ha, ha, thanks Captain B, glad you liked it! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

I always liked those small but well executed scenes. This one is no exception.

Where should I start? The wall looks very nice. The chair and desk are nicely built as well. The bookshelf looks really "dynamic" (not really the word I was looking for, but... just not boring but nice). And that clock is just fantastic, definitely something to steal from.

Also nice storytelling, I like it!

Thanks a lot Elostirion! I thought I had mentioned it before (?!), but the chair is a modification of BrickOn's very cool armchair - and I'm actually surprised that the clock was such a hit! pir_laugh2.gif I really liked the bookshelf (which I had just used in a previous build) though, and it fit in here quite nicely! Thanks again! pirate_satisfied.gif

@Garmadon:

In Corrington we have a saying: "Measure twice, cut once..."

Beautiful office and nice story to accompany it. The walls and floor look great; the dark red in particular gives it a very stately and important look. The furniture is nice and the little pockets of loot on the edges are a neat feature. I like the cast of characters as well. Good work, and a fine scene to go with your lovely ship. :classic:

@Garmadon:

Sir Dee once visited a prominent Eslandian shipyard and was simply amazed by the workers' efficiency. One carpenter sawed his board 18 times and it was still too short! :look::grin::laugh:

That's a very lush looking office indeed, even the borders are filled with valuables!

Thanks guys!

@Garmadon:

Erm, I thought that was the Eslandolan's motto - the Corries' was "just keep measuring it until you wear it down to the right size and then you won't have to cut at all!" default_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Great office Garmadon!

Thanks Umbra! pirate_wink.gif

Beautiful office and nice story to accompany it. The walls and floor look great; the dark red in particular gives it a very stately and important look. The furniture is nice and the little pockets of loot on the edges are a neat feature. I like the cast of characters as well. Good work, and a fine scene to go with your lovely ship. :classic:

Sir Dee once visited a prominent Eslandian shipyard and was simply amazed by the workers' efficiency. One carpenter sawed his board 18 times and it was still too short! :look::grin::laugh:

Thanks Captain Dee, glad you like it! I figured the loot in the sides would be a good Eslandolan detail! pir_laugh2.gif

That's a very lush looking office indeed, even the borders are filled with valuables!

Thanks a lot Puvel! pirate_satisfied.gif

Great office scene, so much detail in a small scene!

Thanks Captain Green Hair!

We are a very scientific people, Garmadon. In fact, we love measuring! pirate_laugh2.gif

Excellent vignette, Garmadon! As others have said, the dark red works wonderfully here, and the jewels in the border was a great touch as well thumbup.gif

The gold stripe in the wall and various furniture pieces are very nice too default_classic.gif