Hello. I've repeatedly found the handlebar piece (30031) difficult to work with, and trying it again proved no different. What I'm trying to do is connect a handlebar (at a 45 degree angle) with a horizontal or slightly upwards-facing and otherwise unattached minifigure torso (only connected by its grip on the handlebars). Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm using the MINI UPPER PART 2K version of the minifigure torso, if that matters.

situation.png

Here's a quick sketch of what I'm trying to achieve. The minifig torso is blue, the arms are green, the hands are orange and the handlebars are the grey part.

Edited by DraikNova

Handlebars can be a royal pain to connect to figures digitally, and unless you can copy the positioning from another existing model, there are no real shortcuts. My best advice would be to try to build that section of the model physically so you have an approximate idea of what angles the figure's arms and hands will need to be at for everything to fit snugly. But beyond that it might as well be trial and error. Just keep adjusting the angles until you get the figure's hands to fit the way you want.

You didn’t say what digital tool you’re using.

If it’s LDraw, Lyichir’s way is the best, considering collisions aren’t really an issue.

If it’s LDD, Lyichir’s way will certainly help but collision detection may prevent any realistic pose even if you could mesure all the angles perfectly, first because digital geometries are not totally accurate, and second because, in real life, there’s a little leeway in the joints, and flexibility in the plastic.

I'm using LDD. I think I'm just going to have position the figure using other bricks and leave it unconnected to the handlebars.