Freddy's Trained Chickens

The Viper

Jail Break!

Cantu's House

Even a Pirate Has a Sweet Tooth

La Oleon

Captain's Cabin

Tropical Fruit Decision

OoC: This build was slightly inspired by the Age of Empires themed builds that came out last week. This is a medium plantation.

25931194923_7433c07c5f_c.jpg

With so many new businesses popping up in Rassilon, the demand for wood was growing! More villagers were created bought enlisted to help chop down trees.

26261224810_55f803c172_c.jpg

Gosh I love this terrain. The minifigs are nice, and so is the cart.

While I like the treedesign I think it's kind of weird that those slim green trunks lead to those big brown ones on the cart?

But then again, this baseplate is just amazing to me. Great presentation as well.

Very nice terrain indeed! :thumbup: The trees look neat as well though the stems are a little excessively green. pirate_laugh2.gif

The landscape is simple but looks very effective. Whilst the trees do look good, (although the bright green is indeed very bright!) I agree with Elostirion that the trunks seem a little on the thin side when compared to the cut lumber.

You caught me! I've been growing magic trees! But really, I wanted to show the cut wood, but didn't have any shorter tubes. I wish I had a different color besides bright green, but that's what my LUG picked so that's what I got!

Nice ground color combinations. You could say the thin trees are the younger ones that weren't harvested, reason for no skinny trunks in the cart. Also clear cutting is bad for the forest. Though, environmentalism would be out of character for Sea Rats. :wink:

The MOC is nice and i like the soil texturing using the different colors of dirt and the cart with that cow (oh, that cow...) very much (because i am terrible at it) but here are two things that will make it shine imo:

As most said, green hoses don't "cut" it as trunks so i would use anything more brown and a bit beefier as trunks. The other thing i would try so as to check how it looks, would be a tan round plate on the cut trees and the trees that are loaded on the cart, so as to mimic the tan inner trunk of those trees. Someone else has used it at the Challenge II in front of a battery? and i think it looked marvelous (sorry but his name eludes me atm). Other than that, go Sea Rats, go!

Damn I really finally need some of those olive grass pieces! I really like the scene! You get me with everything that's in somw way from AoE.

Aye, the green trunks are a bit strange, but I guess you just didn't have those hose pieces in brown so it's ok. The tree design itself is great. You really can imagine a whole forest of these with game walking through it. I find the brown soil funny where the trees are already cut off because that's the thing that reminds me the most of AoE.

Am I the only one who always builds fields on the forrest texture and erases them to have grass texture?

Wow, lovely landscape design and trees default_wubnew.gifthumbup.gif

And it seems you SR not only create new personal easily, but also trees out of (almost) nothing default_laugh_new.gif Magic!

Splendid plantation default_satisfied.gif

The base and overall terrain look great, and the tree design is good apart from the trunk color. As for the obvious size discrepancy, perhaps we should assume they'd just finished cutting down the bigger trees and this is what's left. It's a nice depiction of land being cleared, either for lumber or firewood or just to make room for something else.